Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you feel insecure about your lover seeing a therapist?
Yes. I’d feel weird. 39 27.08%
No. I’d understand. 105 72.92%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1373: Triple Rush

"It was infuriating me."

Last edited by Keith; 04-22-2011 at 06:02 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Triple Wash These Nuts

WTF is it about 'bicycle' people? Watching this Triple Rush' reminds me that people who live their entire lives on a bicycle...are assholes. West or East coast. As if somehow not driving a car makes you Christ-like' blah.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montucky Jess Jess View Post
WTF is it about 'bicycle' people? Watching this Triple Rush' reminds me that people who live their entire lives on a bicycle...are assholes. West or East coast. As if somehow not driving a car makes you Christ-like' blah.
its probably because they got that seat shoved up their ass all day.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murple View Post
its probably because they got that seat shoved up their ass all day.
I think you've been riding your bike wrong.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

KatG Couple

Wow. I like that those two met via KatG. Most cool. I wanna meet someone on here too, but noone lives w/ in like 500 miles of me. Maybe I should move to NYC and become a bike messenger. Can you use 'training wheels?'
Also, can you get in trouble for 'Drinking and Biking in the Brooklyn?'
Old 04-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

This episode was funny cause one of the things I noted while walking around NYC during last weeks events was how easy it would be to kill the bicyclers. One shove and they're in traffic, bye bye.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montucky Jess Jess View Post
Wow. I like that those two met via KatG. Most cool. I wanna meet someone on here too, but noone lives w/ in like 500 miles of me. Maybe I should move to NYC and become a bike messenger. Can you use 'training wheels?'
Also, can you get in trouble for 'Drinking and Biking in the Brooklyn?'
Check the jamhole
Old 04-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

Jess and Dillon were great on the show. I liked how honest they could be about their relationship, but still clearly be happy with each other.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poingjam View Post
Jess and Dillon were great on the show. I liked how honest they could be about their relationship, but still clearly be happy with each other.
thanks poingjam! it also felt really good to have chemda see what i meant when i wanted to 'shake dillon'. makes me feel less crazy
Old 04-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have a similar dynamic with my boyfriend, sort of.

Unlike Dylan (Dillon?) or Keith, Dr. Boyfriend has always pulled his weight financially, he's never skipped on his half of the rent or bills, etc. So I have nothing to complain about on that front, but he's so much more laid back than I am. I'm very meticulous about budgeting and I constantly worry about money and employment, even though there's no reason to.

If I have a good enough job, I want a better job, if it looks like I can move up at my job, I'm kind of ruthless about it. I vie for position at work to the point where I can make myself sick gunning for more and better projects. I know for a fact it's annoying, and I try my best to tone it down, but I'm a total grade grubber through and through. Even though I have a great job and I love it there, I make myself miserable because I'm always worrying about position and status.

Dr. BF, on the other hand, is totally laid back about work. He's seems to happen upon the best projects. His job (which was only supposed to be a temporary thing and turned into a permanent position they custom made for him) is totally cool. His mom tells her elementary students what he does as an example of why it's important to get good grades. Fucking magazines interview him on a regular basis. He's a hard worker and deserves all of it, but it's frustrating because he never seems to care as much as I do, and yet we're always neck and neck.

I know that chances are if I cared less about my job, I would still do well at it. But I would be able to enjoy my life instead of constantly worrying about what everything means, what kind of future I have, and how this will look on my resume.

I think that people who are obsessed with status do well to have a more laid back partner who can remind us to appreciate the journey instead of always trying to get to the next marker.