Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Bicyclist @ScottWilson104 is a…
dipshit. 44 48.35%
dick-knob. 47 51.65%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1374: Cancelled

"What is the point? It can only bring harm."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

(psst... The Vinyl Countdown -- In the episode going up tonight, Michael Khalili lets a homeless man kiss him on the forehead. A super gross one who probably has aids. Please forgive the pimping. Like you never pimped something, you fucking pimp.)
Old 04-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

"Chumba"?

Oh, Chemda. She gets knocked down, but she gets up again.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think the Glass Clothespin thing might be a less classy variation of the Wine Glass Marker:

I've seen them used, but never hosted any parties that required wine glasses. I would imagine it's in the Beyond section of Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

It sucks to hear about Triple Rush going away. I was really looking forward to it. It sounded different, & it would have been neat to see Keith & Chemda give a sort-of behind the scenes look, along w/ hearing all kinds of funny shit about the show.

Also, from what I understand about Nintendo deciding to start the new console generation, when they get the jump on Sony & Microsoft, it will have the greatest processing power out of all platforms by a pretty wide margin, aside from PC. The Wii has enjoyed absolutely amazing sales for a long while, at times selling more than both competitors combined. Recently, their sales have dropped off quite a bit, & around that time, they hinted at a new console. They said they wanted to get back into a more hardcore gaming market. & w/ the Kinect for XBox, Wii no longer has the best tech in the motion controlled gaming.

They have a lot of room to work w/. The DS has been the best selling platform ever, & it continues to sell well, even w/ the 3DS out. That has given them quite a bit of cash to play w/, & I guarantee they will do some type of connectivity between the handheld & the console this time, like the promised last time. I think Nintendo just wants to be the first one thru the door & capture an audience. The current tech out there, in my opinion, could last for a few more years w/ ease. It often takes a long time into a console cycle for developers to perfect making games for a system, so a longer cycle can be a great thing. In comparison to older generations of consoles, this one has actually run its course, time wise. In 3 years at the absolute max, I think all three major companies will have a new piece of hardware out.

It's cool to see gaming news on the podcast. I'd definitely love to see more in the future, every once in a while. I'd imagine quite a few listeners out there enjoy playing games. Now that I think about it, Keith does have Angry Birds news a lot. I suppose that technically counts. Foiled again.

Great show.

Last edited by Worst; 04-26-2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'm often curious as to why shows get canceled so early in their run. Remember ABC canceling Emily's Reasons Why Not after ONE episode? That show had tons of promotion on the streets of NYC, with bus wraps and billboards all over the place. On the other hand, I literally did not even hear that Paul Riser had a new show. (I too enjoy Mad About You years ago.) Conan O'Brien was canceled early on, but they put him back on the air because they couldn't find anything better to fill the spot. But then when he took over the Tonight Show, he was fired for real after only a few months. (we all know this story).

In conclusion, TV big-wigs are making it up as they go along and often get it wrong. Not everything is The Office or Seinfeld, of course, but a lot of good shows get the sack.

I liked Trauma from last season and Cane from the year before. Both vanished w/o a trace.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

canceling is weird. i noticed how, her in italy, some shows that are having zero ratings get pushed into prime time and slammed all over the place, because they cost money and they HAVE to be played to the very end. while stuff that has an audience is sometimes cut off. its such a blatant biz thing, its gross.

also, Chumba is a sweet misspelling
Old 04-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I have Travel Channel, but don't have a TV to go with it.

I can't steal the show anywhere, someone break copyright laws please.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

side note: does seinfeld still count as a "famous" stand-up comic? whats the last special he did? all that comes to mind when i think of him is stuff from at least 10 years ago.

and.: i remember the first time i saw American history X with a group of people, the whole second bit did not conivnce anyone. and the ending even less. the whole movie works too hard to make him look relatable as a nazi and too little to work the other side. heard a bunch of people saying they wanted him to go back to wehite power and do more curb stompings. i think that means the second half doesnt work.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 04-26-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I have Travel Channel, but don't have a TV to go with it.

I can't steal the show anywhere, someone break copyright laws please.
Fucking Time Warner stole my Travel Channel!!