Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If consensual, should it be legal to beat up a bum?
Yes 40 34.78%
No 75 65.22%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #31 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Lucas' laugh is fine, you know just dont have him on with a comedian.
Back to the poll question, if the bum is consenting to it, i don't see the legal difference between that and an MMA fight. Now that being said, if their were legal rules separating what constitutes a MMA fight compared to a Bum Fight i would totally be supportive of that. Ethically bum fights are wrong and are not a sport, fuck those the creators of drivel like that. It's a damn shame we dont have a "Don't be an asshole law" on the books.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I define myself as an agnostic but that's because I just don't know and there's no way of ever knowing. And it's not limited to God, either. One of my friends asked me if I was also unsure of the existence of fairies and I said "Why not? At least when I lose my car keys I can blame the fairies and not dementia!" As far as God goes, as an agnostic I do lean towards atheism more than towards the possibility of existence, though.

And I agree so very much that there's no need to fuck up family gatherings, sometimes happening twice a year, with grand declarations of atheism. Suck it up, enjoy the time with your family and if they do something that offends you and your beliefs, sure, reply. But until then I see no need to upset everyone.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #33 (permalink)

For some reason I was only able to download an hour of this and then it abruptly cuts off. Did anyone else have that problem?
Old 04-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #34 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbnail View Post
And I agree so very much that there's no need to fuck up family gatherings, sometimes happening twice a year, with grand declarations of atheism. Suck it up, enjoy the time with your family and if they do something that offends you and your beliefs, sure, reply. But until then I see no need to upset everyone.
I think the desire to be known/understood by those they love is a valid one.

It's the same with everything else, why tell anything to your parents? (this is actually the path I take, but I can see the other side. I don't know if Keith or Chemda do though, since they take this path as well)
Old 05-03-2011, 02:26 AM   #35 (permalink)

I know exactly what Christian means about forgetting to wash your face before washing your balls and ass. Such a FML sitch.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
spirituality is the comfortable couch for people who are scared of rational thought. i understand why you sit on it, but still its just a couch.
I don't think so. Spirituality is a drive or a desire, that is mostly cultivated by religious organizations at an early age of their worshippers. But that isn't to say that people who come from non-religious families and backgrounds don't come to be spiritual 'naturally' on their own.

I think a lot of people are of a rational mind about the existence of God or some higher power, but they still have a desire or need to have something that fills a spiritual component in their lives. Some people are going to be more or less spiritual than the next person, just as some people are more or less rational.

Now, if you want to discuss that perhaps this drive, this spirituality-need, is some sort of evolutionary instinct that is part of our physical makeup as human beings... Okay, I'll buy that.

As human beings most of us want to have community, to have communication, to have connections... with each other, with society. Even some of them feel the need to have a connection with a higher power.

But I don't think it's fair to say that those that have this spirituality-need aren't being rational about the existence of a higher power... that's the point of calling it a higher power. That you cannot quantify it.

-----------------------

But, around 27 minutes into the show Christian Finnegan made a comment against Opie & Anthony fans being dumb and stupid, akin if not the same as being fans of Charlie Sheen.

Did no one else find this a little ironic, or hypocritical since KatG is in the same vain as Howard Stern and O&A?

Having a WoW sticker (No, not World of Warcraft) is a marker to identify someone as being a douche? ... No comment about KatG's Suck a Dick Wednesday's... which started off as a parody of WoW?

I don't know if Keith or Chemda are still fans of O&A or HS. But back in the day I know they listened to them. When both were broadcast on public radio stations about 10 years ago here in Toronto, I listened to them both. I was more a fan of O&A than HS (and I got to listen to them both extensively).

Are there not viral and feral fans of KatG? Watching KatG grow and grow and grow... you get to understand the über-fans of HS or O&A.

Are KatG fans that much better than O&A fans?