Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: This Osama bin Laden brouhaha
Truth 164 90.11%
Conspiracy 18 9.89%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1381: Take This Poll

"What do you mean it's gonna be okay?!"

Comedian Pat Dixon
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

In reference to the feedback I wrote in, it would be worth the read:

Amazon.com: The Myth of Monogamy: Fidelity and Infidelity in Animals and People (9780716740049): David P. Barash Ph.D., Judith Eve Lipton: Books

It goes through some interesting evolutionary responses that have been found when infidelity occurs with people (and animals) ie. male sperm count going up when he thinks his spouse is cheating to compete with other males.

I suppose it can all come off as misogynistic until you get into female responses ie. women are reported to have more orgasms when cheating.

We are animals.

Last edited by EthanK; 05-04-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanK View Post
I suppose it can all come off as misogynistic until you get into female responses ie. women are reported to have more orgasms when cheating.
what does a female orgasms do biologically? does it increases the the chance of of getting pregnant? decrease it? does a female orgasms have any biological function beyond an incentive to have sex?
Old 05-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murple View Post
what does a female orgasms do biologically? does it increases the the chance of of getting pregnant? decrease it? does a female orgasms have any biological function beyond an incentive to have sex?

I remember reading once that they think the muscle contractions during the female orgasm can assist in getting the sperm through the cervix. But they can't find a significant correlation between fertility and orgasm. Some biologists have argued that the female orgasm is vestigial. I would think that a stronger emotional bond between parents would lead to more offspring surviving, so it probably at least has a psychological purpose.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murple View Post
It's a touchy subject depending on who you ask but there are a few theories:

1. It's an evolutionary response to incentivize sex, thus procreation
2. It's an evolutionary response for women to evaluate male partners
3. It's a total quirk of evolution that serves no real purpose (similar to why males have nipples)

I'm sure there are more but those are the three that I know of, long story short: we don't know.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanK View Post
In reference to the feedback I wrote in, it would be worth the read:

Amazon.com: The Myth of Monogamy: Fidelity and Infidelity in Animals and People (9780716740049): David P. Barash Ph.D., Judith Eve Lipton: Books

It goes through some interesting evolutionary responses that have been found when infidelity occurs with people (and animals) ie. male sperm count going up when he thinks his spouse is cheating to compete with other males.

We are animals.
You summed it up well enough. Saved me $30.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

There are no Deathers in the poll yet?? That surprises me. (And yes, I voted Truth)
Old 05-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
There are no Deathers in the poll yet?? That surprises me. (And yes, I voted Truth)
Is that what they're called? Deathers? I don't like it, let's be more creative.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourbid View Post
Is that what they're called? Deathers? I don't like it, let's be more creative.

Yeah, Deathers. And people who still don't believe the birth certificate is real are after-birthers.

I have two Deathers in my office. One is a major conspiracy theorist type who believes in the New World Order, and that our planet is caught up in an intergalactic war between the Greys and the Reptilians. No, I am not making that up. I've long ago given up trying to use logic on her, and I did not bring up bin Laden to her because that was just asking for trouble. But she started the conversation with the whole, "Oh, he's been on ice for six years, Benazir Bhutto said she was at his funeral, yadda yadda yadda."

So I told her if the Bush administration had him "on ice," they would've dragged him out in 2008 when it was looking like Obama was going to win, OR they would have destroyed the body because they didn't need him to be found. And they definitely never would have handed the body over to Obama so he could use it politically! But, because she's all about NWO and how there's one superpower in control of the entire planet, she didn't believe me.

She also thinks Obama was a CIA asset because there's no employment history for him the two years after he graduated from college, before he was the director of that community organizing group. I told her that I also had several small time jobs before I finally landed into this one, and it was about two years after college that I did. Was I a CIA asset?

Last edited by Blitzgal; 05-05-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Conspiracy theorists, starting from the Alex Jones brigade, have become so loud, arrogant and obnoxious, id tell them they are wrong even if they actually made sense.

i think i read a twitter account by one of those guys that sounded like "another lie by the illuminati! but people will wake up one day and the tyrannical US empire will fall!"

actually, i think these guys might be the future talibans and should be looked into, starting from now.