Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should child beauty pageants stay legal?
Yes 13 10.92%
No 106 89.08%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2011, 06:14 AM   #31 (permalink)

I just listened to this episode, and here is how Kirstie Alley can say with a straight face that she is a size 4.

Torrid - Size Chart

Many stores now are changing their sizing for plus size women. Torrid is the first place that I have seen it in action, and it's getting so popular now that even Target uses it for their plus sizes. I'm guessing this mess started in order for plus sized women to not feel like fatfucks when asking for a size 24W pants or something, I don't know.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde_Amazon View Post
I just listened to this episode, and here is how Kirstie Alley can say with a straight face that she is a size 4.

Torrid - Size Chart

Many stores now are changing their sizing for plus size women. Torrid is the first place that I have seen it in action, and it's getting so popular now that even Target uses it for their plus sizes. I'm guessing this mess started in order for plus sized women to not feel like fatfucks when asking for a size 24W pants or something, I don't know.
JCPenny has a plus girls line...that made me so sad to see.

My husband is a PE teacher and in CA he actually sent a note home to a mom that gave her kid cheetos and junk food for lunch. He told her that she was physically hurting her obese daughter. He got some flak for it, but he also had another student ask for a treadmill for Christmas one year so he could be more like my husband (he is 6'6" and very thin triathlete). That treadmill made a very obese preteen into a slim and fit teenager. It gave him confidence and personality.

And then we put our 4 year old girls into a swim suit competition and give them fake teeth/eyelashes and botox. Sick.

And not to bring the topic to childbirth, but many women have to get episiotomies (where they cut the skin between the holes) but not all of them cut to the butt. They cut so the woman doesn't tear. Childbirth is no fun, neither is your husband thinking he can have sex with you 5 days afterwards (my husband didn't do this, just referring to Keith's abhorration of the idea of no sex for 6 weeks). Keith, if you have kids, please be nice to Cat's vagina.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #33 (permalink)

Maybe i'm missing something here, but how does waxing this little girls vag help her win beauty contests?
Old 05-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #34 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Because when the judges look at her vagina, hers will be the smoothest when compared to the other girls in the contest; and, in this culture, it's the ultimate sign of being well-groomed.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnMan View Post
Maybe i'm missing something here, but how does waxing this little girls vag help her win beauty contests?
there isn't anything to wax at that age...what the hell?
Old 05-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #36 (permalink)

I just listened to the episode again today and I have to say Kurt is rad. I kept laughing in my cubicle when you guys were talking about enrolling the kid in sniper school.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:42 AM   #37 (permalink)

Holy shit! I just looked at the Bristol Palin pictures on the Show Notes & Pics. That shit is hilarious!
Old 05-18-2011, 01:56 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
JCPenny has a plus girls line...that made me so sad to see.
There are fat children in the world, and we do need to dress them in something. They can't all wear body issues and suicidal depression every single day. Well, they can't wear only that.

Having been a fat kid (and a fat adult), being told how gross I was for being fat made me less inclined to be active, not more. Shaming fat children into removing themselves and their fat from society, one way or another is not the solution. We've been doing that for decades, and they keep getting fatter.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #39 (permalink)

Obesity Epidemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
There are fat children in the world, and we do need to dress them in something. They can't all wear body issues and suicidal depression every single day. Well, they can't wear only that.

Having been a fat kid (and a fat adult), being told how gross I was for being fat made me less inclined to be active, not more. Shaming fat children into removing themselves and their fat from society, one way or another is not the solution. We've been doing that for decades, and they keep getting fatter.
YES!!! Thank you so much for this response, Marina. There truly are more obese children in the world nowadays, and it is sad, on so many levels. But it's not a burden they should carry. It is just such a multi-faceted issue with so many factors (sweet and fatty foods are cheaper and more appealing, many areas don't have access to fresh fruits and vegetables, many areas don't have safe places to play (or parents who are in a position to routinely take children to safe playgrounds), and so on. Sometimes it's just genes. But all of this results in self-hatred because of a culture that only values thinness.

This is exactly why I am becoming a teacher, with an emphasis in outdoor education. I've witnessed a really cool shift in many children who never seem to get outside, or step beyond their routines. In learning about nature, on a hike, it's not exercise for the sake of exercise because they were told they HAD to do it. It's a whole world that's connected to them, and they never knew it before that moment. I've seen the switch happen in so many kids, where they suddenly have this new perspective, self-confidence, sense of wonder. Rather than stressing children out about what they should and should not do, wear, act, eat, we need to find ways to engage them, and lift this enormous burden. Kids should just be allowed to be kids, whatever shape or color they come in. And damnit, it's their god-given right to have hair on their genitals when they grow up, too!
Old 05-18-2011, 12:39 PM   #40 (permalink)

Thanks.

The story about the guy who only eats big macs from today's show (1390: Moral Dilemma) also shows that a person who is not fat is not necessarily healthy.

I'm all for encouraging activeness, I myself was an active kid despite a lot of the guff I got. If the ballet teacher gave me shit for being too fat, I went to tap instead. Whatever. But focusing on fat instead of on health is a great way to ignore the real issue facing most first world countries and scapegoat the fatties.