Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should child beauty pageants stay legal?
Yes 13 10.92%
No 106 89.08%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #41 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
There are fat children in the world, and we do need to dress them in something. They can't all wear body issues and suicidal depression every single day. Well, they can't wear only that.

Having been a fat kid (and a fat adult), being told how gross I was for being fat made me less inclined to be active, not more. Shaming fat children into removing themselves and their fat from society, one way or another is not the solution. We've been doing that for decades, and they keep getting fatter.
1) I am certainly not thin...by any means. Keith would see me and very much call me a fat pig. So this isn't a thin person making judgements, just FYI.

2) there IS an obesity epidemic. people are much larger than they used to be and that is the truth. As much as I understand that we all need to believe in ourselves and have good self esteem, I hate when people say that there are just people with big bones and that is that. I'm fat because I eat fast food and drink soda. I know that. I know I have an issue with food. I'm not saying we need to make kids anorexic, but parents have a responsibility to put healthy things in their kids bodies and not feed them junk and just say they are a big kid. The kids keep getting fatter because we keep feeding them junk. Sorry, just the truth.

3) I feel that there is a time and place for big kid clothes. but it does make me sad that there is a plus sized girls department. We are just excusing this obesity problem away instead of working on it.

4) I know my genetics, I know that my girls will probably have weight issues, so I am starting NOW, when they are 2 and 3 to make sure they are active and eat well. and I am NOT talking about weight, complaining about my own or making them aware of body sizes and shapes. I'm trying as hard as I can to help them enjoy the outdoors, healthy food, and exercise. I'm working on losing weight so I can be a good example.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Because when the judges look at her vagina, hers will be the smoothest when compared to the other girls in the contest; and, in this culture, it's the ultimate sign of being well-groomed.
So is virgin waxing on girls like circumsizing baby boys? Parents making decisions for their kids that the kid may not like as an adult?
Old 05-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #43 (permalink)

i wonder if theres a religon where ladies are required to wax thgeir vaginas in order to please the lord.

well, theres catholics but i think priests would fuck anything as long as its fresh, right?
Old 05-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
i wonder if theres a religon where ladies are required to wax thgeir vaginas in order to please the lord.

well, theres catholics but i think priests would fuck anything as long as its fresh, right?
well, in Africa they do female circumsision which is extremely painful and makes sex absolutely an unpleasurable experience...but I don't know if it is for religion.

in most religions women are just expected to give up their being (be quiet, have no thoughts, be seen and not heard)...I guess I'd rather give up the tip of my penis than be treated like a second class citizen my whole life...
Old 05-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
1) I am certainly not thin...by any means. Keith would see me and very much call me a fat pig. So this isn't a thin person making judgements, just FYI.

2) there IS an obesity epidemic. people are much larger than they used to be and that is the truth. As much as I understand that we all need to believe in ourselves and have good self esteem, I hate when people say that there are just people with big bones and that is that. I'm fat because I eat fast food and drink soda. I know that. I know I have an issue with food. I'm not saying we need to make kids anorexic, but parents have a responsibility to put healthy things in their kids bodies and not feed them junk and just say they are a big kid. The kids keep getting fatter because we keep feeding them junk. Sorry, just the truth.

3) I feel that there is a time and place for big kid clothes. but it does make me sad that there is a plus sized girls department. We are just excusing this obesity problem away instead of working on it.

4) I know my genetics, I know that my girls will probably have weight issues, so I am starting NOW, when they are 2 and 3 to make sure they are active and eat well. and I am NOT talking about weight, complaining about my own or making them aware of body sizes and shapes. I'm trying as hard as I can to help them enjoy the outdoors, healthy food, and exercise. I'm working on losing weight so I can be a good example.
I think that you read something I did not intend to write.

Yes, the issues that are resulting in an obesity epidemic are serious issues. But shame is not the answer. We've been fat-shaming people since the 50's and every generation is fatter than the one before. Our strategy is not working.

And this is a country-wide problem, not just for the fat people, for everyone. Our food is unhealthy, our relationship with food is unhealthy and our exercise is insufficient. And and supporting the bloated snake-oil diet industry or low fat processed foods are not the answer.

Almost everybody knows how to get healthy, but the way we live is not conducive to health in that way at this time.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
in most religions women are just expected to give up their being (be quiet, have no thoughts, be seen and not heard)...I guess I'd rather give up the tip of my penis than be treated like a second class citizen my whole life...

There are definite arguments to be made regarding circumcision, but male circumcision is not cutting off the tip of the penis. The idea makes me cross my legs and I don't even have one.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
There are definite arguments to be made regarding circumcision, but male circumcision is not cutting off the tip of the penis. The idea makes me cross my legs and I don't even have one.
I know...I just didn't want to write foreskin, I hate that word. It is like the word panties or moist. Blech.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I think that you read something I did not intend to write.

Yes, the issues that are resulting in an obesity epidemic are serious issues. But shame is not the answer. We've been fat-shaming people since the 50's and every generation is fatter than the one before. Our strategy is not working.

And this is a country-wide problem, not just for the fat people, for everyone. Our food is unhealthy, our relationship with food is unhealthy and our exercise is insufficient. And and supporting the bloated snake-oil diet industry or low fat processed foods are not the answer.

Almost everybody knows how to get healthy, but the way we live is not conducive to health in that way at this time.
I do understand that shame doesn't work. It is like in the 50's when mom's would purposefully hang their kid's sheets outside to shame them for wetting the bed. They were potty training at 18 months and most studies show it is healthier to wait until 2 or 3 when the KID is ready or it can actually harm the child (anal retentive, anyone?).

You're right, it is a society thing. I think it has to do with indulging. That whole "because you're worth it" mentality. In Europe, they have less obesity and they also have more active lifestyles and fresh, natural food. I don't know how to change America to that point...but man, everytime someone tries we throw a fit (like removing high fructose corn syrup, or trans fat, or putting calories on our menus).

I think right now with an interest in organic and local foods, there may be a grassroots effort for healthier lifestyles, but I don't think it will ever reach mainstream. We will always be a fast food nation, it kind of goes with the lifestyle Americans have chosen to embrace.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
well, in Africa they do female circumsision which is extremely painful and makes sex absolutely an unpleasurable experience...but I don't know if it is for religion.
yeah, i had a coworker who worked with female circumsision victims and did groundwork in places where that was diffused.

it isnt strictly religious, as its not tied up to religion, its a cultural thing to break down women. the religion is econdary. its almost imèpossible to erase too, since its litterally a STAPLE of culture in some parts of africa.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
I know...I just didn't want to write foreskin, I hate that word. It is like the word panties or moist. Blech.

Ha! I also hate the word panties. Especially when people use it to describe a little girl's underwear. Just say underwear.