Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Out of the following two, who would you vote for to be your president?
Sarah Palin 5 3.55%
Donald Trump 20 14.18%
I wouldn’t vote 116 82.27%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i think the spite that "Actors" have towards the MTV movie awards, was spelled out in a speech i heard Jim Carrey make during an earlier edition.

Everyone was all fake overjoyed and grateful, he just went up with the most annoying smirk and basically said

"thats the perfect plan by the MTV guys here. Get a bunch of famous people in a room, lots of sponsor time, lots of listeners, all they had to do was finding a reason to get us in a room. so they made up un award. if we didnt show up we would look ungrateful right?"

he is an asshole but i think that one (which he did when he was still popular) was basically waht those people all think.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey View Post
I don't understand what you mean about meat being less toxic than vegetables. Detoxing through a meat-free, dairy-free, alcohol-free, caffeine-free (and ideally sugar-free and gluten-free) diet does wonders for the body. It resets your body's ph levels, and allows your body to work on expelling toxins rather than constantly processing new ones. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE meat, booze, sugar, wheat, etc. But I detox for at least one week (if not a month) out of the year, and I always feel unbelievably good by the end of it. It's so good to metaphorically press that reset button every once in a while. Give your body a break. It also does wonders for your will-power, and forces you to be a bit more creative with your foods and lifestyle for a while.
I'm not suggesting that the diet doesn't work, but it is incorrect to say that eating meat (unless it is processed, aged, full of smoke, chemicals or bacteria) has toxins in it. Charring the outside of meat can cause toxins to appear, but that's usually because of added ingredients (sauces etc), not because of the meat.

Eating vegetables makes the liver work harder, because of all the toxins found in those veggies. Sugars do not have toxins. You shouldn't eat too much sugar because the liver processes it and puts it into a form that helps create fat. It isn't quite as simple as that, but this is a general discussion.

Dairy products are not necessarily bad for you, their biggest issue with them is the salt, cholesterol, fats, bacteria and moulds within them. But provided you are not one of those people who retain and produce cholesterol, eating cheese can be good.

I'm just saying that calling a diet that requires you to eat foodstuffs with toxins, that forces your liver to work harder, should not be referred to detoxing your system, when it is actually the opposite.

Wheat is not necessarily bad for you, nor is gluten, but modern processed bread made in the Chorleywood process or a process that was developed from the process (which is thought to be up to 80% of the bread eaten in the 'western world') does seem to cause issues with people that have been associated with gluten intolerance. In actual fact, recent studies have noted that people who seem to be intolerant to bread made from this process do not have the same reaction from traditional made bread.

I could go on for hours, but I'm not going to. Sorry to have taken so much space Keith.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #23 (permalink)

AGREED...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slag View Post
great show, but shit - somebody please kill the interns goldfish or somthing. the laugh track got annoying after awhile.
I like Lucas, but his laugh is so loud in the background, its super distracting.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
Im not a fan of the laugh tracks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourbid View Post
I am.

My opinion cancels yours out, and now we're back at square one.
The fact that its an issue means it should end.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slag View Post
great show, but shit - somebody please kill the interns goldfish or somthing. the laugh track got annoying after awhile.
You'll have to get used to it. Interns are apparently being hired based on how well you can hear them laughing from across the room.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #26 (permalink)

kathy burke showing the proper way to accept an award:

YouTube - ‪Kathy Burke funny acceptance speech‬‏
Old 06-08-2011, 03:06 AM   #27 (permalink)

whats a toxin?
Old 06-08-2011, 05:47 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrich View Post
whats a toxin?
A toxin is a chemical that can be considered a poisonous substance and is usually produced by living cells.

Plants produce toxins to stop animals from eating the leaves, stems, bark and roots. Some of these plant toxins are usually targeted towards insects, others mammals or birds, but some are multi-targeted.

This is why we eat potatoes, but not potato leaves, tomatoes but not tomato leaves, rhubarb stems but not leaves or roots.

But the parts we eat often have small amounts of the toxins and our livers detox the toxins so we don't die from them.

Many of the toxins plants have developed against insects, we have developed at taste for those chemicals.

Many of our spices, seasonings, condiments, and perfumes are made using essential oils that function as insect toxins in plants, yet we use and enjoy.

For instance, peppermint and spearmint, basil, oregano, rosemary, sage, savory, thyme, black pepper, cinnamon, and bay leaf all have toxins plants use against insects, but we use in our cooking.

But if our livers were not capable of detoxing the toxins, we wouldn't enjoy them as much.

Last edited by whatotherway; 06-08-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatotherway View Post
This is why we eat potatoes, but not potato leaves, tomatoes but not tomato leaves, rhubarb stems but not leaves or roots.
Do you really eat that much rhubarb? Amazing. It's like another world over there.

Last edited by starscream; 06-08-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Keith's "gotcha" rant about Palin was epic. And Chemda sounded a little light headed. Her laughter seemed to spur Keith on making the bit funnier and funnier.

I loved it.