Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Lucas and Julio’s laughter from the couch?
I like it. It adds something. 95 48.22%
I hate it. It’s distracting. 63 31.98%
I couldn’t care either way. 39 19.80%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #41 (permalink)

I think the laughing adds to the funnyness.But only because they all seem to have ridiculous laughs that sound like the Joker on helium.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #42 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
I'm seconding D's post, you're wrong on this one.

Personally, I thought to myself I could take it or leave it, which really translates into leave it. Hate? No. Would rather not hear it? Yes.
what he said
Old 06-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #43 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I normally like the couch laughs just fine, the only exception being the most recent show with Julio where it sounded extremely exaggerated, like he must have been super high or something, because he was laughing far harder and more often than a sane/sober person and the fact he was out of step made it distracting.

But every other time - all the way back to Kyle - I've had no issue with it and it even adds to the show.
I never considered him being high. That would explain why it seemed even worse this time than any other. But I never noticed anyone's laugh before Lucas (well, except for Matt's and Victor's, because they are weird, but not out of place); was Kyle singled out this much for his laughing? It was surprising that Julio's was annoying too when he started. I realy thought it was an isolated problem. Maybe Lucas ruined it for everyone else in my ears.

With these two, it never sounds real to me. Or, it sounds exaggerated anyway. Like they have to make sure we can hear them. It doesn't really matter if it is or isn't though. It makes me cringe before I can think about it enough to judge it on anything else.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #44 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

oh yeah kyle was singled out for the laughing. some people seem to dislike hearing laughter. i understand if it's lucas' sadist cackle, but i dont see the problem with julio's.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #45 (permalink)

Hm, you win this round Cock Ring but NOT THE BATTLE, I SAY!
Old 06-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #46 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
My point was that I don't think you got to 6,000 posts in 2 years by posting only about things of great consequence.

it is he who is of great consequence

i just became aware of his post count; anyone else near that?

Julio is in-studio with the show he loves, the two together feed off each other. I get it, it is a little distracting (man, really that funny? are they high?) but mainly it's KATG lore;the people, the studio, the computers . . . it ain't real radio, it's KATG. so, hey, all you assholes . .
Old 06-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #47 (permalink)

My post count is that high because i like to chat. I aint a shut in, im not a socially awkward person who expresses only via internet. i'm chatty in life too, i like to participate in discussions, i know it's ridiculous and to some even pathetic but even as jaded as ive been getting with the forums lately, when i see a point i want to answer, i do it.

Honestly, if thats a problem for anyone, ill just limit my interaction on the cubicle crowd thread.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #48 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
that shit again? would you rather have doctorsleep posting all the time?
so you're less annoying than doctor sleep? way to set the bar high junk
Old 06-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #49 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
so you're less annoying than doctor sleep? way to set the bar high junk
Very defensive about it though. Maybe the comparisons are more apt then we thought.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:02 PM   #50 (permalink)

Anyone else think it's pretty amazing that Jono is taking on two careers simultaneously? I'm a neurobiology PhD student, and there is no way I could take on another job like he's doing. Crazy. I'm also very pleased that even though Keith and Chemda threw some questions at him that are liable to get longwinded and boring answers, Jono was able to insert some comedy in the science-talk. People like Jono need to stay in science because there aren't enough scientists that are able to communicate what they do to the public.

Edit: Julio's laugh is great and he uses it at the right time. Lucas' is more on a hair trigger. I love it when I'm laughing along, but sometimes I get some cognitive dissonance when it comes out of nowhere and it's a little agitating. Overall - Keep the laughs!

Last edited by skeetshart69; 06-08-2011 at 09:10 PM.