Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Lucas and Julio’s laughter from the couch?
I like it. It adds something. 95 48.22%
I hate it. It’s distracting. 63 31.98%
I couldn’t care either way. 39 19.80%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #51 (permalink)

Oh yeah, Jono was great. Cant wait to see who else Bingo brings us
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #52 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
Very defensive about it though. Maybe the comparisons are more apt then we thought.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #53 (permalink)

Liked Jono

Liked Jono. Would like to see him on the show again.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:07 AM   #54 (permalink)

Thumbs down

Before listening to the rest of what Keith has to say, I'm voting: It's distracting.

I know I have a record for being a hater, but it just takes me out of whatever I'm enjoying. Fuck, I hate all you nicey-nice people "Oh it's genuine, they're enjoying themselves, lighten up."

I've sat in front of these people at shows, and when that laughter is right in your ear when you're tying to focus on something, it makes you want to punch faces. Hasn't Chemda mentioned that Eric Kirchberger isn't allowed to certain peoples shows because of his laugh? Same thing.

When I interned, I covered my mouth, even to the point of leaving the room sometimes when something was too much. I didn't want to be a laugh track. I've even feedback'd before, saying "Kick the Interns out of the room! The laughing is too much!"

I'm soooooo happy that you're enjoying yourself, but stifle it a bit.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:20 AM   #55 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Very defensive about it though. Maybe the comparisons are more apt then we thought.
i took the only member of the forums that i opnely despise with every single inch of my body. i'm not a virgin or a mysoginist. dont know about the rest.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 06-09-2011 at 04:39 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:36 AM   #56 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I voted "I hate it," but it's more of "I prefer to not have it."

I know other interns have laughed before at extremely funny moments, that's fine. But none of them howled nonstop throughout the whole show every time Keith or Chemda said anything at all.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #57 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
i took the only member of the forums that i opnely despise with every single inch of my body. i'm not a virgin or a mysoginist. dont know about the rest.
Are we so dependent on smiley faces now that I will always be taken seriously without them? It's a sad time when a statement so ridiculous as to compare anyone, never mind you, to that guy, can be interpreted literally.

So does the poll always swing in the opposite direction after the results are reported on the show? Or does the opening salvo of votes always lean more towards the I-love-everything-and-anyone-negative-is-a-traitor side? Or maybe people who listen to the show live or within the first 24 hours are just twice as likely to choose the top choice, whatever it may be? More science!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Are we so dependent on smiley faces now that I will always be taken seriously without them? It's a sad time when a statement so ridiculous as to compare anyone, never mind you, to that guy, can be interpreted literally.
fair point. i attribute my reaction to my irritable mood and to the fact that the dude seem to have gained some sort of weird popularity which makes no sense to me. Sorry, decepticon.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
So does the poll always swing in the opposite direction after the results are reported on the show? Or does the opening salvo of votes always lean more towards the I-love-everything-and-anyone-negative-is-a-traitor side? Or maybe people who listen to the show live or within the first 24 hours are just twice as likely to choose the top choice, whatever it may be? More science!

I was late to voting this time around because I'm two shows behind, but I was already on record in a previous thread about liking the laughing, so my late vote didn't ruin things.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #60 (permalink)

i think the first poll answers are very knee jerk. i noticed that when the question is about a controversial topic, say "Should suchandsuch be killed for stealing the money?", the early voting tends to be less reasoned and more army-like.

then when people listen to the actual arguments on the show and time passes, the reuslts adjust. and the result reports always have a couple of side comments by keith and chemda, so additional people feel like adding their point.