Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If you and your phone are silent, is it okay to use your phone in a movie theater?
Yes 20 13.42%
No 129 86.58%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2011, 03:20 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorsleep View Post
And I will stand by something I have previously said, Nothing important has ever been communicated though text message.
This is why you can't get dates. Good luck getting booty calls on your rotary phone, Alexander Graham Bell.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:36 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
It never bothers me when people text in movie theaters, so when I first heard people complain about it, it would usually would surprise me. I guess my logic is that if the movie is interesting, then I'm too into the movie to notice the light. If the movie is shit, then I can't blame the person for texting. I don't really text that much myself, but honestly I wouldn't refrain from texting in a movie theater either. Talking on the phone or otherwise is a different issue. Although I'm not sure why people get pissed about other people talking on the phone while on public transportation.

With all that said, I'm not on the woman's side that got thrown out of the Alamo Draft movie theater. If going into any place I knew that they had a rule to keep off the phone or I would get thrown out, I would definitely refrain.
Just because you think a movie is boring or shitty doesn't mean that I or anyone else that might be in the same theater as you agrees. Keep the phone off, period. I've respected the Alamo Drafthouse for years and I love it that they are making that impolite, selfish bitch an example for all who wish to see movies there. I really wish more movie theaters would follow AD's lead. The boyfriend and I are hoping to head to Austin soon for Buttnumbathon this year. Butt-Numb-A-Thon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really hate inconsiderate assholes while I watch a movie and it's why I do my best to go to screeners where there is security monitoring the theater and I try to go to the first showing of a movie during the day. I refuse to see any movies at night during the weekend, especially if it's a horror flick or a comedy. I became tired of trying to shush people and deal with attitude.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorsleep View Post
And I will stand by something I have previously said, Nothing important has ever been communicated though text message.
Just because people don't want to talk to you doesn't mean nothing important goes through text.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #24 (permalink)

The other issue with that woman is that she sounded totally shitfaced drunk in that message -- so it makes me wonder how she reacted when she was told to turn off her phone. If she immediately launched into her retard rant about how we're in the "Magnited States of America," then she probably got thrown out for causing a ruckus that went beyond using her phone.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Keith for mayor! Keith for mayor! Keith for mayor!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #26 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I think it's ok; what if you are using the RunPee app which tells you when it's ok to go to the bathroom.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #27 (permalink)

Have Nick on again! He was great!
Old 06-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #28 (permalink)

listening thru headphones

I always get dirty looks when I lol from the show while I'm at the gym. Sometimes I'll even be sure to look in some dudes general direction, I can totally see the "Shit, what am I doing wrong" look they get, even if they're huge. And I've only been almost crushed by weights twice when a joke hit me at an inoppurtune time.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #29 (permalink)

Alamo Drafthouse is one of the bigger things I miss about living in Austin. Granted, it's still pricey like other movie theatres, but I much more prefer it because of the full food menu and full bar. Lots of times they have "theme nights" where they'll have, for example, a Big Lebowski "quote along" and they'll give everyone in the theatre a free white russian. When Inglorious Bastard came out they were selling bottles of Arrogant Bastard for half price. It's pretty awesome.

The Alamo Drafthouse always has something clever before they start their movies, usually that have something to do with shutting the hell up in the theatre and turning phones off. They are usually really funny, but this newest one takes the cake.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarrob View Post
The Alamo Drafthouse always has something clever before they start their movies, usually that have something to do with shutting the hell up in the theatre and turning phones off. They are usually really funny, but this newest one takes the cake.

Yeah, I guess Ann Richards even appeared in one telling people not to talk during the movie or "Ann Richards will take your ass out."