Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is the Gene Simmons drama real?
Yes 45 51.14%
No 43 48.86%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i doubt there will be ever a religion that isnt anti-gay. not cause its the right view but because most religions are supposed to speak to the public and the majority of the public doesnt tolerate homosexuality. same reason for how there will hardly be a politican who actually does something for gay marriage.

ADD: jesus does Gene Simmons sound like Uncle Schlomo the old jewish weasel

Last edited by Junkenstein; 06-16-2011 at 02:29 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #22 (permalink)

Very true. Looking back at history, you'll see that in many instances religion has changed some core beliefs and practices because of the public. I guess I had the Dalai Lama up on a pedestal since he doesn't promote the disgusting kind of ideals that other religions preach. But I learned that, in the end, they're all the same in one way or another. Live and learn, I guess.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

He's only big because his religion is oppressed. If China let him have his Tibet, nobody would give a fuck.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

yep. and zen is so overrated.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The chemistry between K, C and JFOD is so electrically hilarious my mp3 player literally caught on fire and exploded.

Literally.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinosaurSr View Post
I used to dig the Dalai Lama when I was a kid, I actually saw him at the SkyDome in Toronto a while ago. I loved his world view, especially in comparison to his religious leader "peers"... that is until about 2 years ago when I discovered he's against gay rights and finds homosexuality wrong.

And that's why religion is dead to me- to think that the one religion I thought promoted some sense and individualism would still be anti-gay. Fuck!
I think if you do some more investigation into the story you will find out there's more there. He admitted he was wrong and apologized with the caveat that he was just an old monk raised in a monastic world which gave him no expertise to comment on matters like sexuality. One of the things I love about HH is that he responds honestly to crticism and he's an extremely intelligent pragmatic man with a foundation in science.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #27 (permalink)

Ohh geez

I completely agree with Keith on all stances... Including the one where Joan Bearheart is fucking idiot!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
A little bit more about that Greg Fultz douche. He's a controlling asshole. Even the local Right to Life group is backing away from supporting this billboard after they found out more about this guy:

Attention Shifts From Billboard To Tweets | KTSM News Channel 9

Even his assertion that she's lying about having a miscarriage is a total dick move. The American Pregnancy Association estimates that as many as 25% of pregnancies result in a spontaneous abortion, or a natural miscarriage. One in four pregnancies!

Miscarriage : American Pregnancy Association
This guy sounds like that red letter media guy who did the reviews on the star wars prequels.

Also, Saw this on colbert, seems relevant.

YouTube - ‪The Life Zone - Official Movie Trailer‬‏
Old 06-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #29 (permalink)

I have a tough time listening to Keith go off when what he is complaining about isn't even what happened. He kept saying that the Dahlai Lama didn't know what Pizza was. First he doesn't speak English very well and the interviewer starts out saying that "the Dalai Lama walks into a Pizza Shoppe". So he doesn't understand what a a Pizza Shoppe is. Why would he know what a Pizza Shoppe is? I personally have never used those words to describe a place to buy Pizza, even though I do know that there is a franchise that calls themselves that.

I took it as he understood it as one word (pizzashoppe or peachashowp) that he didn't understand and he spoke to his translator for clarification. He then understood the Pizza Shoppe and didn't understand what was funny about "one with everything". He needs a better translator. All perfectly understandable.

Last edited by bruceatk; 06-16-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceatk View Post
Again English is not his language.
Is English your language?