Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1408: Pizza Be With You (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1408-pizza-you-16422/)

Keith 06-15-2011 03:52 PM

1408: Pizza Be With You

"Guess where my phantom dick is now?"

Live from Outer Space | Comedian John F. O'Donnell

WSEIII 06-15-2011 04:45 PM

While I'm not sure that the situation is actually real it is plausible. Shannon is nobody's fool and I'm sure a lot of people in the same situation would act the same.

And tacos with you.

Huggie 06-15-2011 10:19 PM

The joke was "can you make me one with everything."

littlp 06-15-2011 11:05 PM

I want to know how the hell they determined New York to be the least free state. Indiana not only voted to de-fund Planned Parenthood, they are close to implementing a similar immigration law as Arizona AND although it already is illegal to have any kind of civil union or gay marriage, they approved an amendment to define marriage as between a man and a woman. Plus we can't buy alcohol on Sundays.

funnygurl1979 06-16-2011 02:40 AM

First I wanna say Jfod is one of my fav guests, I love him. Didn't Gene cheat on Shannon with some model and it was an online sextape?

littlp 06-16-2011 07:11 AM

I love JFOD as well and was going through a little bit of withdrawal.

As for Gene Simmons, I believe it was the sex tape that Chemda was describing. He is known for cheating. And he clearly gave a shit about her in the way he kept half-assing calling her to come back onto the show. It was a painful interview to listen to, not because of content, but because everyone involved had no idea how to do a fucking interview. And I hate the fact that Joy was probably patting herself on the back telling herself its great television and that she is so super smart. So dumb.

Snarky 06-16-2011 07:24 AM

JFOD doing his Dali Lama Assistant's voice = Greg Giraldo

Blitzgal 06-16-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlp (Post 703660)
I want to know how the hell they determined New York to be the least free state. Indiana not only voted to de-fund Planned Parenthood, they are close to implementing a similar immigration law as Arizona AND although it already is illegal to have any kind of civil union or gay marriage, they approved an amendment to define marriage as between a man and a woman. Plus we can't buy alcohol on Sundays.

Your point made me wonder how reproductive freedom figured into their ranking of freedoms. In short? It doesn't. Indiana is also the state that had a renegade attorney general who was digging through women's personal medical records trying to find who's had abortions, but it ranks #3 on their list of "most free" state.

I know I'm going to get attacked for this, but this is my problem with most self-professed libertarians. They are entitled straight white dudes who tend to focus only on issues that have to do expressly with them, and are perfectly willing to ignore any restrictions on women, gays, and minorities. That's just a personal observation.

This study is straight up bullshit.

Measuring Freedom & Government Intervention | Mercatus

Quote:

Our definition of freedom presents specific challenges on some high-profile issues. Abortion is a critical example. By one account, the fetus is a rights-bearing person, and abortion is therefore an aggressive violation of individual rights that ought to be punished by government. By another account, the fetus does not have rights, and abortion is a permissible exercise of an individual liberty, in which case government regulation of abortion would be an unjust violation of a woman’s rights. Rather than take a stand on one side or the other (or anywhere in between), we have coded the data on state abortion restrictions but have not included the policy in our overall index.

unohisname 06-16-2011 08:37 AM

YouTube - ‪Jessica Simpson and her fish or chicken tuna‬‏ dumb bitch

BrianAlt 06-16-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzgal (Post 703694)
I know I'm going to get attacked for this, but this is my problem with most self-professed libertarians. They are entitled straight white dudes who tend to focus only on issues that have to do expressly with them, and are perfectly willing to ignore any restrictions on women, gays, and minorities. That's just a personal observation.

I tend to agree with you there.

Blitzgal 06-16-2011 09:17 AM

A little bit more about that Greg Fultz douche. He's a controlling asshole. Even the local Right to Life group is backing away from supporting this billboard after they found out more about this guy:

Attention Shifts From Billboard To Tweets | KTSM News Channel 9

Quote:

On October 19th, Fultz wrote, "Hmm probably not a good thing that all my fantasies end in unspeakable violence."

On March 31st, he posted, what do you do if you see your ex running around in your front yard covered in blood and screaming for help? Stay calm, reload, and try again."

June 1st, he wrote, "What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes? Nothing. She's already been told twice."

"I have a dark, twisted sense of humor, it's well-known, and I don't hide that online," Fultz said when we asked him about these tweets. Despite coming off as dangerous - Fultz doesn't apologize for it. Just yesterday he wrote, in part, "I may be disturbed but I'm no criminal."
Even his assertion that she's lying about having a miscarriage is a total dick move. The American Pregnancy Association estimates that as many as 25% of pregnancies result in a spontaneous abortion, or a natural miscarriage. One in four pregnancies!

Miscarriage : American Pregnancy Association

scottperezfox 06-16-2011 09:45 AM

Why can't the Dalai Lama vacuum in corners?

No attachments.

incognegro13x 06-16-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzgal (Post 703700)

Even his assertion that she's lying about having a miscarriage is a total dick move. The American Pregnancy Association estimates that as many as 25% of pregnancies result in a spontaneous abortion, or a natural miscarriage. One in four pregnancies!

I am suprised that he got away with it. My cousin works for a company that produces road signs and also has a billboard business across 4 southern states. He told about 10 years ago they got into litigation because the Ku Klux Klan wanted to advertise on a billboard. Even though these are different scenarios somewhat there is a balance between free speech and spreading hate or humiliation.

Blitzgal 06-16-2011 12:15 PM

Chemda, you were close so don't feel bad. You were thinking of bouillon cubes, to make soup stock.

Bouillon cube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Keith 06-16-2011 12:27 PM

She's making soup out of gold?!?!? That must be some expensive soup!!!!!! Bring another camera over please. Hey, tell them how you're making soup out of gold!!!!!!!

Lanfear 06-16-2011 01:12 PM

who cares if the Dali Lama knows Pizza - I know it and I just had a delicious one :D

Junkenstein 06-16-2011 01:32 PM

Lives in a cave my ass.

the dalai lama has always lived in a palace/luxurious residence. thats why i think buddhism is a lie, preaches implicity and they have a palace. Christ did live in a cave, this guy is relatively rich.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/12947214.jpg

Keith 06-16-2011 01:52 PM

His palace is so big it won't even fit on my screen!

Junkenstein 06-16-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 703742)
His palace is so big it won't even fit on my screen!

i tried.

stupid google images.

DinosaurSr 06-16-2011 02:00 PM

I used to dig the Dalai Lama when I was a kid, I actually saw him at the SkyDome in Toronto a while ago. I loved his world view, especially in comparison to his religious leader "peers"... that is until about 2 years ago when I discovered he's against gay rights and finds homosexuality wrong.

And that's why religion is dead to me- to think that the one religion I thought promoted some sense and individualism would still be anti-gay. Fuck!

Junkenstein 06-16-2011 02:07 PM

i doubt there will be ever a religion that isnt anti-gay. not cause its the right view but because most religions are supposed to speak to the public and the majority of the public doesnt tolerate homosexuality. same reason for how there will hardly be a politican who actually does something for gay marriage.

ADD: jesus does Gene Simmons sound like Uncle Schlomo the old jewish weasel

DinosaurSr 06-16-2011 02:52 PM

Very true. Looking back at history, you'll see that in many instances religion has changed some core beliefs and practices because of the public. I guess I had the Dalai Lama up on a pedestal since he doesn't promote the disgusting kind of ideals that other religions preach. But I learned that, in the end, they're all the same in one way or another. Live and learn, I guess.

DWarrior 06-16-2011 02:55 PM

He's only big because his religion is oppressed. If China let him have his Tibet, nobody would give a fuck.

Junkenstein 06-16-2011 03:09 PM

yep. and zen is so overrated.

Bucho 06-16-2011 03:44 PM

The chemistry between K, C and JFOD is so electrically hilarious my mp3 player literally caught on fire and exploded.

Literally.

TrickyToro 06-16-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinosaurSr (Post 703747)
I used to dig the Dalai Lama when I was a kid, I actually saw him at the SkyDome in Toronto a while ago. I loved his world view, especially in comparison to his religious leader "peers"... that is until about 2 years ago when I discovered he's against gay rights and finds homosexuality wrong.

And that's why religion is dead to me- to think that the one religion I thought promoted some sense and individualism would still be anti-gay. Fuck!

I think if you do some more investigation into the story you will find out there's more there. He admitted he was wrong and apologized with the caveat that he was just an old monk raised in a monastic world which gave him no expertise to comment on matters like sexuality. One of the things I love about HH is that he responds honestly to crticism and he's an extremely intelligent pragmatic man with a foundation in science.

Audious757 06-16-2011 05:02 PM

Ohh geez

I completely agree with Keith on all stances... Including the one where Joan Bearheart is fucking idiot!

doctorsleep 06-16-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzgal (Post 703700)
A little bit more about that Greg Fultz douche. He's a controlling asshole. Even the local Right to Life group is backing away from supporting this billboard after they found out more about this guy:

Attention Shifts From Billboard To Tweets | KTSM News Channel 9

Miscarriage : American Pregnancy Association

This guy sounds like that red letter media guy who did the reviews on the star wars prequels.

Also, Saw this on colbert, seems relevant.

YouTube - ‪The Life Zone - Official Movie Trailer‬‏

bruceatk 06-16-2011 08:59 PM

I have a tough time listening to Keith go off when what he is complaining about isn't even what happened. He kept saying that the Dahlai Lama didn't know what Pizza was. First he doesn't speak English very well and the interviewer starts out saying that "the Dalai Lama walks into a Pizza Shoppe". So he doesn't understand what a a Pizza Shoppe is. Why would he know what a Pizza Shoppe is? I personally have never used those words to describe a place to buy Pizza, even though I do know that there is a franchise that calls themselves that.

I took it as he understood it as one word (pizzashoppe or peachashowp) that he didn't understand and he spoke to his translator for clarification. He then understood the Pizza Shoppe and didn't understand what was funny about "one with everything". He needs a better translator. All perfectly understandable.

BrianAlt 06-16-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceatk (Post 703805)
Again English is not his language.

Is English your language? :confused:

bruceatk 06-16-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianAlt (Post 703811)
Is English your language? :confused:

No, I speak forum.

DWarrior 06-16-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceatk (Post 703805)
I have a tough time listening to Keith go off when what he is complaining about isn't even what happened. He kept saying that the Dahlai Lama didn't know what Pizza was. First he doesn't speak English very well and the interviewer starts out saying that "the Dalai Lama walks into a Pizza Shoppe". So he doesn't understand what a a Pizza Shoppe is. Why would he know what a Pizza Shoppe is? I personally have never used those words to describe a place to buy Pizza, even though I do know that there is a franchise that calls themselves that.

After watching the original, I think I'm a bit more on Dalai Lama's side now:

It looks like he knew what a pizza shop was, it just didn't come to his mind immediately. The reporter just said that at the end to not make it seem like he was the tard in the situation. Also props at DL for laughint at the guy.

cheekymonkey 06-17-2011 12:18 AM

Reality TV & JFOD

I love that John chose Tom Waits as being the celebrity whose life he'd be into watching as reality TV. What a magnificently talented, quirky, moody, awesome person. He lives just outside of my town, and my husband serves him breakfast just about every other week (he sometimes goes out to breakfast with Mickey Hart of the Grateful Dead, and one of the guys from Counting Crows, which is just so bizarre to me). Friends have taken African dance classes with him, he helped jump-start a friend's car when she broke down, he's been observed yelling at his kids in the car in a parking lot, I've seen him at community dinners, coffee houses, and concerts locally. It's just so great to check in with him now and then. He's so elusive, and private, but it feels so surreal and magical to catch glimpses, like our own local sasquatch.

Norwegian_Fag 07-06-2011 02:58 AM

JFOD is hilarious. My new favorite guest. So funny, it hurts.