Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What's the deal?
I'm straight. 127 81.94%
I'm gay. 7 4.52%
I'm bisexual. 21 13.55%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #61 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Ok now that statement really is just ignorant.
The statement is out of context there. It's my opinion only. I don't think it's a fact. You feel like you. And I think you should. And I believe you feel like you should be a man. If I could be you I could understand completely. Otherwise it's difficult. I'm not being ignorant. I'm open and interested. That is not ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
BUT if I woke up with a penis I would cry... like a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
So would I.
This made me laugh.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #62 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Dude, cant you just say you posted something silly? its not like saying its your opinion makes it less silly.

everyone post silliness sometimes. we know you aint a silly man, but that post sounded very silly.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #63 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
Debateable (and probably out right wrong). If it were, eventually the "gay trait" would be bred out of the gene pool. If you're gay, does that mean one of your parents is hiding their own homosexuality?
I thought the geneticist rebuttal to this was that homosexuality is a combination of genes, which individually also do other reproduction-favoring stuff that can't simply be "bred out"
Old 06-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
To add to Lauren's post: Brian, I feel more "masculine" than other women. I'm more aggressive, outspoken and other such things we normally equate with male traits (whether that's right or wrong to equate as such).
BUT if I woke up with a penis I would cry... like a lot.
If I woke up with a vagina, I would take over the world the next day.

"Vagina's are better than superpowers."
-Fourbid
Old 06-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I thought the geneticist rebuttal to this was that homosexuality is a combination of genes, which individually also do other reproduction-favoring stuff that can't simply be "bred out"
I hadn't heard that, but my thoughts wandered in that direction in my other post.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #66 (permalink)

The more I think about it the more it really does seem like its a nature thing. I think that nurture can get "blamed" because since we are becoming a society that is more accepting of gays (compared to 20 years ago) more people are coming out so the gay population has the appearance of being on the rise.

I think whatever causes it is the same reason someone is into feet or certain ethnicity (I am not comparing being gay to having a fetish, well I am, but that's not what I mean) or whatever, your into what your into, who can explain it? We are all just born with things in our head and I don't think we will ever be able to truly figure out what causes it, much less isolate it.

As for bis, well who the fuck knows whats going on there?

All that said though, If I ever have a son (Hypothetical) I don't think I would be totally cool and fine with him playing with barbies and nail polish when hes little, And if he turns out to be gay or tranny or something. I'm not gonna lie, I am definitely going to retrace some steps and run background checks on some uncles. I think its one of those things where some people just want a reason, something that will help make the indecipherable seem logical.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #67 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Although I don't agree with everything you've said Brian i understand why you said it. most hetero men and fully gay men I know are territorial and confident about their sexuality. I feel that many straight men would react the same way you have Brian to what Lauren saying when she says she feels like a man, the attitude of If you don't have one you'll never know.

But Lauren's point is the same as yours, you don't know what it's like to be transgendered because your not....

Lauren, I think you are a brave and honest person to speak so openly about a topic that many people don't understand. I truly appreciate the lessons and enlightenment you have brought to me on this topic. Thank you.

Sarah
Old 06-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #68 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
But Lauren's point is the same as yours, you don't know what it's like to be transgendered because your not....
I agree with this.

Quote:
Lauren, I think you are a brave and honest person to speak so openly about a topic that many people don't understand.
And I totally agree with this.

And, Campy, it seems you mean penis and trust me, I mean how she feels, not a physical aspect.

Last edited by BrianAlt; 06-20-2011 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Penis
Old 06-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #69 (permalink)

I'm sorry if I offend. That's not my intent.

Perhaps it will never be clear to me.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #70 (permalink)

Not to play child rapist lawyer here but, I can understand Brian's trouble.

I am also a person that doesn't behave "right" in terms of gender. All my life, I've been much more likely to choose the "boy" thing over the "girl" thing. Not just with toys, with activities, with speech, with gestures, mindsets and courses of action. Many people have been MASSIVELY offended by my lack of femininity. As a young girl, I spent a lot of time alternately thinking that they should fuck right off, and then thinking that maybe there was something wrong with me. Even when I tried to behave like other girls, it was just a clumsy parody. However, I've always been a straight woman to my core. I just happen to be a butch one.

I think that the pressure that butch women and feminine guys feel from society can be an faint echo of the dysphoria that trans people feel. We know, even as children who we are, but the society we live in holds up a boxy image of a "boy" or a "girl" and demands we fit inside of it. Usually we just can't. So yes, knowing that you are a girl that loves trucks even though every birthday is just flammable doll after flammable doll, is very faintly like knowing you are a boy who loves trucks who looks like a girl who gets stupid fucking dolls instead of boy parts.

It took me knowing transgender people, and hearing some of my transgender women friends idyllic sounding childhoods (trucks as far as the eye can see, no need to keep clothes clean or worry about getting hurt) before I realized that although it does suck to have to light dolls on fire for proper entertainment, I had a lot easier time of it overall.

Last edited by marina; 06-20-2011 at 07:55 PM.