Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What's the deal?
I'm straight. 127 81.94%
I'm gay. 7 4.52%
I'm bisexual. 21 13.55%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #81 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i follow, but then way are most of corrective therapies that force homosexuals to become straight a failure?

i think your idea is more close to some aspects of sexuality (like fetishes or S&M) rather thean pure orientation or gender.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
i follow, but then way are most of corrective therapies that force homosexuals to become straight a failure?
I really don't see how that's relevant. Change is not defined as something reversible. I can shape a pot from wet clay, but that doesn't mean I can return it to wet clay so easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
i think your idea is more close to some aspects of sexuality (like fetishes or S&M) rather thean pure orientation or gender.
Dude, it's all sexuality. What gets you off is what gets you off. If you can touch one part of it, you can touch it all.

And you ignore the key thing here: the only immutable thing is genetics. Sexuality is provably dependent upon more than genetic code. You can't just arbitrarily decide something and say it without reason and have that opinion be respected, which prompts me to reiterate that it is utterly important that gay advocates abandon any notion of a genetics argument.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #83 (permalink)

Has anyone thought that what causes these, "variations" for lack of a better term, in human sexuality might be different for men and women.

Like if there is some kind of root cause or magic bullet, it only turns men into gay or tran but not women. (I am not saying gay and trans are the same thing, just to be clear.)

Like it could be something genetic in women, but something that comes from culture for men. (or vice versa)

like if genetics that causes it, wouldn't having that same "gay-gene" be expressed the same way, like having blond hair or blue eyes. Why would it have the opposite reaction on people (Make men like dick and women like pussy. Is there an "mmm cock" gene?)

Last edited by doctorsleep; 06-21-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #84 (permalink)

That's dumb, you're an idiot, stop trying to participate.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
In my opinion, it's evident that people's sexuality can be affected by things like trauma and society, mostly in formative years.

In addition, I think sexuality changes subtlety throughout life.

The only immutable thing in us is what is genetic. Everything else is, at some point, malleable. You can't beat the black out of a child, but you can probably beat some weird, fucked up shit into his head, and consequently his sexuality.

Childhood trauma can definitely affect a person's sexual expression -- you see it with pedophiles all the time. However, their attraction to children is the behavior that has been affected by their childhood trauma -- pedophiles still have a sexual preference for either girls or boys that would still exist outside of their childhood abuse. Getting abused didn't make them straight or gay -- it made them form inappropriate attachments to children.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Childhood trauma can definitely affect a person's sexual expression -- you see it with pedophiles all the time. However, their attraction to children is the behavior that has been affected by their childhood trauma -- pedophiles still have a sexual preference for either girls or boys that would still exist outside of their childhood abuse. Getting abused didn't make them straight or gay -- it made them form inappropriate attachments to children.
I'm not sure this is 100% accurate. I am skeptical that a straight boy who gets molested at 10 can't develop sexual feelings for boys because of his trauma.

I also think I agree with Bob on the issue of genetics and the malleability of sexuality.

Last edited by bofadeeznizzles; 06-21-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
That's not what I'm saying. You know you can read what I'm saying and not assume I'm parroting common nonsense?

I'm saying that there are instances that demonstrate that sexuality is malleable, not that one specific instance can make someone a specific sexuality. My point is that what we are attracted to can be altered.

Trying to divorce gender-specific sexuality from more generalized sexuality is not in accordance with how the brain and genuine sexuality works. Everyone's sexuality is a jumbled up cocktail of attractions and repulsions. An attraction to a certain gender is one of many variables that makes up a complete picture and is not, in the hierarchy of the brain's sexuality, any more important than any other variable, but people get hung up on that variable specifically because it is an important question culturally and socially. It is an issue foremost in our conscious minds, but not in our subconscious minds.

It would be rather pointless to sit here and try to reason what makes who attracted to what, but what is certain is that things that happen to people influences what they are attracted to. There is absolutely no reason to think that attraction to gender is excluded from this, except that you simply want it to be so.

Last edited by Cretaceous Bob; 06-21-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #88 (permalink)

Male vs female as threat to partnership

Lauren and Chemda were curious why Faceboy might be more threatened by a man that a woman in the mix. Maybe the biological treat may be an animal instinct but we are still animal and this imperative to be the sole source of dna. Animals fight over it and some insects even sacrifice their penis making a plug that will block any other male. That's still going on even if we think we've evolved past it.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #89 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

DWarrior posted an article about Asexuality....

I'm Asexual; at least this is what describes me best. How do I vote on this one when you don't get sexually aroused by anyone/thing? For continuity issues yes I have mental disorders and am on meds, which weren't discovered until just recently (which has nothing to do with this, I believe; there has been a lot of crosses to bare life wise). I lost an ovary to cancer at 15 and a very neglectful (both parents) upbringing.

The Asexuality was there before the meds, before the head problems, before the cancer. I knew when I was little that I was different from the other girls. When I was little I never had crushes, wasn't afraid of cooties or had no interest in the dating scene. Boy and girls were just that for me; people. I had friends, both male and female. People would point out "Oh man he's/she's slammin'" and I could care less as for me, it's superficial. I get no reaction.

Plus I know a lot of people don't believe it possible to not have a sex drive, so yes I probably do have one but it was never "turned on" (sorry for the pun) when I was born. I did an experiment to see if it was external factors, stayed with friends and I took a chance and went by myself to France for two months, living on my own and studying for university. Still nothing for anyone. And I got to know some amazing people; two whom which hit on me repeatedly (both sexes) and it went over my head.

So, for me Asexual is the right label for me as Lauren knows she is a man in a woman's body. Is it odd to equate one to the other in the sense of sexuality identity equality? What I do not understand is how Asexuality is still treated like homosexuality was in the '80's but has been making some headway as of late.

What do you guys think on Asexuality? Looking forward to your comments.

Last edited by swiggy; 06-22-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #90 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiggy View Post
What do you guys think on Asexuality? Looking forward to your comments.
I think it exists. It's hard to believe it's as high as 1% of the population, but if that's what studies show I'll reluctantly believe it.

Do you want to be in a committed relationship? Do you want to ever have children? Just wondering.