Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you want to talk about it?
Yes 41 30.37%
No 23 17.04%
Why'd I bring it up? 71 52.59%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1424: The Heming Way

"Wow."

The Heming Way : How to Unleash the Booze-Inhaling, Animal-Slaughtering, War-Glorifying, Hairy-Chested, Retro-Sexual Legend Within... Just Like Papa!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nominate for worst guest of 2011. Sorry, the guy seems like a nice guy, might be a good writer-but he was clearly so uncomfortable actually talking about the same stuff he writes about, seems like an incongruity that made for bad listening, that and his nervous (?) laugh, it was a festival of awkwardness.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Would it kill this guy to do a little research before appearing on a talk show? He was distracting in how uncomfortable he was with the format.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah, it was like he wasn't prepared at all, jittery & all. he was so distracting, you know.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

This guy is just plain disingenuous. He's trying so hard to portray himself as a 'nice jewish boy' with an edgy dirty side, but can't own either personas. His douchey attempts at sounding literary are just as much a cry for acceptance as his over-the-top "shock" writing (which, to be fair, isn't shocking at all to this KATG audience).

Kudos to Keith and Chemda for staying cool while calling him on his bull. I still don't get how someone can go on a show without listening to an episode first.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Its funny, I totally forgot Marty was on the show until Keith asked him a question to try and bring him into the conversation like ten minutes into the show. But to be fair the onus isn't really on the guess to listen to the show before he does an interview (that isn't to imply that it is anyone else's responsibility either). Think about it like this, he has been a published author since he was a teenager, so I'm guessing he has been interviewed thousands of times. I can bet most of those interviewers would just ask run of the mill questions like, "What was it like to be published at such a young age." My guess is that Marty went in thinking it was just going to be another banal Q&A talk show. I'd put more blame on whoever recommended him for/to the show for not giving him a personal heads up. I also think that a lot of his "OMG, why are you asking me this." was more reflexive than genuine, and he was getting a feel for the show while being on it. Over all it was a pretty good show, especially considering that the guest went in cold and didn't have his "katg legs" Yet.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm only 27 minutes in, and I don't think I can continue, because the guest's nervous/haughty laugh is hurting my brains.

With Keith's bad ear, and Chemda's bad back, both probably deserved another day of rest instead of having to suck it up and deal with whoever this guy is trying to be.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion is danger View Post
With Keith's bad ear, and Chemda's bad back, both probably deserved another day of rest instead of having to suck it up and deal with whoever this guy is trying to be.
This.

Nicely put sir.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Drinking game for this episode

You drink everytime the dude laughs at something he said

I'm not responsible for anyone who dies during this game
Old 07-15-2011, 12:42 AM   #10 (permalink)

Seriously, this guy chuckles at the sound of his own voice.