Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1420: Green Dragon (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1420-green-dragon-16471/)

Keith 07-06-2011 04:27 PM

1420: Green Dragon

"You left me for dead."

Bridget and the Squares

Ampersand goes to New York Fringe! by Mariah MacCarthy — Kickstarter

Telache 07-06-2011 10:09 PM

Bridget and the Squares is GREAT!

Is it just the one song on bandcamp which they've recorded or is there a full length?

Bridgetsquare 07-07-2011 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telache (Post 705463)
Is it just the one song on bandcamp which they've recorded or is there a full length?

EP of our newer material to be released in the Fall, but there is a full length up on itunes!

Bridget and the Squares - Download Bridget and the Squares Music on iTunes

Keep an eye on bridgetandthesquares.bandcamp.com for all new releases!!! The new and improved Left For Dead to drop in a few days!

Apples & Oranges(single) | Bridget and the Squares

BrianAlt 07-07-2011 07:12 AM

So getting high for Chemda is like a mini-vacation?

We finally all found Lauren Land! :)

Snarky 07-07-2011 08:29 AM

Hide Yo Kids, Hide Yo Wife.

1 Attachment(s)
Lawlz.

firefighter_chick 07-07-2011 09:14 AM

I havnt listened yet, but it's funny the show num is 1420 about weed :)

Blitzgal 07-07-2011 10:00 AM

This guy was also acquitted in Canada the same day that Anthony was. He even admitted to murdering his own kids. Wassup, juries?

Turcotte not criminally responsible for deaths

DWarrior 07-07-2011 10:33 AM

Just thought I'd swing by and say I don't care about the child murderer case. Sensationalist bullshit, and I refuse to participate.

archicat 07-07-2011 10:44 AM

I honestly didn’t mind Keith giving me pointers, why would I? I beat him 4 games to 1, I guess they worked. :)

I’m not used to getting high, (never felt any effects when smoking weed) but tried Green Dragon at the picnic, it was fun for a while but then it went on too long. One minute I think I’m normal again and the next I’m high as a kite, feeling like I was just staring like an idiot at people (I’m sure I was). Never again, but thanks for the cool experience Lucas !

monkeychunkuk 07-07-2011 11:10 AM

Bridget and the Squares sounding better than ever.

Blitzgal 07-07-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWarrior (Post 705494)
Just thought I'd swing by and say I don't care about the child murderer case. Sensationalist bullshit, and I refuse to participate.

You just participated.

Junkenstein 07-07-2011 11:51 AM

The Bridget And The Squares full length is beautiful, get it on itunes if you aint got it already. i listen to it regularly, its one of those albums who can make a day better

Medium Brumski 07-07-2011 01:59 PM

I'm the opposite from Laura when it comes to games, I'll play anything but I'm not competitive at all (I think my older brothers beat that out of me when I was younger), kinda baffled my last gf, who was super competitive. Not that I don't try, but I quickly got put into the backline during our weekly soccer games when it became apparent I wasn't going to yell and shove people. I did quit the corporate volleyball team when some 50 something dude gave me a tone after I didn't dive for a ball.

I do think Cat wanted Keith's tips (the thing with the supporting forward hand being limp or whatever is a common issue I've seen with people new-ish to pool). Chemda was spot on with that you need to ask the person if they wanted advice cause the main reason things like this become an issue is Person A gives a fuck, Person B gives no fucks, and no matter what Person A has to say, Person B will continue to give no fucks, and will resent Person A if they persist. In short, it sounds like Cat did give a fuck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkenstein (Post 705500)
The Bridget And The Squares full length is beautiful, get it on itunes if you aint got it already. i listen to it regularly, its one of those albums who can make a day better

Huh, I listen to certain songs to kinda increase my melancholy at the end of a bad day.

Junkenstein 07-07-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medium Brumski (Post 705503)
Huh, I listen to certain songs to kinda increase my melancholy at the end of a bad day.

oh i know, as absurd as it may sound i like melancholy. if the day has sucked and i9 listen to that record, it moves emtions and thats better than the grey anger id probably feel instead.

fluxquanta 07-07-2011 05:03 PM

http://i.imgur.com/bXOy4.jpg

Svage 07-07-2011 06:21 PM

(I'm sorry I can't remember her name right now) But is it just me that thinks the singer for Bridget and the Squares sounds like Regina Spektor?

Rufio 07-07-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svage (Post 705520)
(I'm sorry I can't remember her name right now) But is it just me that thinks the singer for Bridget and the Squares sounds like Regina Spektor?

reminds me more of Ida Maria too

DWarrior 07-07-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzgal (Post 705499)
You just participated.

Whhhhhyyyy you!! And I just participated again, dag nabbit!

Bridgetsquare 07-07-2011 08:25 PM

I LOVE Ida Maria and that is totally what we've been going for! I mean there are a lot fo influences we pull from but I love her and her energy. Thank you! That is quite the compliment!!!

memecherry 07-07-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridgetsquare (Post 705475)
EP of our newer material to be released in the Fall, but there is a full length up on itunes!

Bridget and the Squares - Download Bridget and the Squares Music on iTunes

Keep an eye on bridgetandthesquares.bandcamp.com for all new releases!!! The new and improved Left For Dead to drop in a few days!

Apples & Oranges(single) | Bridget and the Squares

Downloaded the album off iTunes! Downloading singles next! AMAZEBALLS!!!
:D:D

firefighter_chick 07-08-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufio (Post 705516)
so whats the story with the dead friend?

So here's the story. It was June 30. I was at my parents and we were all hanging out and catching up, when I noticed a robe by the hot tub. I went out to get it before it rained, when I noticed the cover off of the hot tub. As I got closer I saw my friends back floating at the surface of the water. I ran over and flipped him over, but it was too late, he had already started to stiffen up. The medics and cops came, ruled out foul play, but then he stayed there for 7 more hours until the funeral home came to take him. We were told not to move him, and they just put a blanket over him. So wehad to be there all day with him. It made it a lot harder.
In the end it turns out he got in early in the morning while ppl were sleeping. He had a stroke and couldn't use his arms to push his head out, so he drowned. We were home all along, but everyone thought he was sleeping. The funeral was yesterday. He had a 5 year old little girl so that was not fun.

bofadeeznizzles 07-08-2011 11:27 AM

That's terrible, FFC. I'm sorry.

ssgtballard 07-08-2011 12:25 PM

Sorry to hear that FFC, hope the daughter is ok

powderjester 07-08-2011 08:37 PM

Chemda high?

Off topic I know, but I just heard it today and I have to say; someone who can't stand to hear a story about a centipede or handle two glasses of red wine reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy should not take alcohol concentrated weed, mushrooms, LSD or any other serious mind altering drug. Why fuck with it? It's clearly not for you.

powderjester 07-08-2011 08:41 PM

Oh, and Bridget and Kyle, I found it soulful, real and rad. Thank you.

Montucky Jess Jess 07-09-2011 04:22 AM

I find Keith's view points on Weed VS Alcohol both fair and balanced...not unlike America's most 'American' news station.

Montucky Jess Jess 07-09-2011 04:39 AM

Anyonew know how to 'edit' mp4's so's a person can cut out all the great 'Bridget and the Squares' live tracks from KatG?

Also, fans should also check out "Shilpa Ray and the Happy Hookers' from Austin, TX...

Bucho 07-09-2011 06:56 AM

Download "Audacity" Jess. It's free and it's so easy to edit with even a fucking moron like myself can do it.

Michael Collins 07-09-2011 09:48 AM

Kyle and Bridget were great, cymbals or not!

Svage 07-09-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Collins (Post 705664)
Kyle and Bridget were great, cymbals or not!

Keith's Cymbals were the best!