Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you hate Adolf Hitler?
Yes 82 82.83%
No 17 17.17%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

They cured cancer in gays.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post

Systematically brutalize people in a foreign land? Baaad. Systematically brutalize people in our own land? We'll name schools and roads after you.
It's true. My high school was named after Stonewall Jackson and has a predominately black student population. IRONY!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

We're just letting these Nazis walk around?!?!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotron View Post
I thought it went without saying that ALL inactivity by a people in the face of a destructive regime is deplorable. I pointed out Germans because we were talking about Hitler.
No, you said there was something uniquely stupid about Germans, and that isn't true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotron View Post
If he was that crazy than that just says something about the general intelligence of the German people circa 1930s-40s.
Also, America's history with the Confederacy goes far beyond inactivity. America built monuments to and idolized the prominent men who fought for as evil a cause as Nazism.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #25 (permalink)

Memorizing the entire Quran is actually pretty common among Muslims - there are millions of Hafiz (Hafiz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) around the world. The Quran is like poetry - there's a rhythm to the words so each verse is really easy to remember and it kind of sticks in your head (whether you can speak/understand Arabic or not). So it's not like memorizing a book (prose)...it's more like memorizing a song.

Last edited by GossipTGirl; 07-28-2011 at 11:33 PM. Reason: faulty link
Old 07-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipTGirl View Post
Memorizing the entire Quran is actually pretty common among Muslims - there are millions of Hafiz (Hafiz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) around the world. The Quran is like poetry - there's a rhythm to the words so each verse is really easy to remember and it kind of sticks in your head (whether you can speak/understand Arabic or not). So it's not like memorizing a book (prose)...it's more like memorizing a song.
You mean it's more like memorizing Dante's Divine Comedy?

Plus we all know people are people, so how many of these said "tens of million" really memorized it verbatim?
Old 07-29-2011, 02:34 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I don't understand how that's still not outrageous you big fat fuckin' idiot.
Keith, if the world put an end to everything you don't understand then nothing would get done apart from the cut-off-sleeves tshirt factory and malt liquor.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Also, America's history with the Confederacy goes far beyond inactivity. America built monuments to and idolized the prominent men who fought for as evil a cause as Nazism.
It's true, this country has some rose colored glasses when it comes to remembering our own history. Confederate Memorial Day is an officially recognized holiday in 15 states, according to Wikipedia. Now imagine parts of Germany hosting huge celebrations to memorialize the Nazis who died fighting for the cause.

Confederate Memorial Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 07-29-2011, 10:30 AM   #29 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Are we talking about Adolf Hitler or Steve Hitler here? Obviously, Adolf was a prick. But Steve, he's a great guy. He actually offered to help me move. He wouldn't even let me pay him after several attempts to persuade him to take some money. Just to be clear, Adolf was not cool. Not even a little bit. But then again, would we have Prussian Blue without him? Fuck, now I'm starting to wonder.

Alright. I've decided. Even if it means we never got to hear the lovely music of Prussian Blue, it would be worth not ever having Adolf kill 20 million Russians and 6 million Jews. And I suppose the other people he ordered to their death, too. (Gypsies, twins, the mentally ill, etc.)
Old 07-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #30 (permalink)

Like Jesse, I didn't know much about Wagner's personal views or why Hitler admired him so much. Turns out he wrote about the "corrupting influence" of Jews on German culture, like in this essay on "Jewishness in Music."

Das Judenthum in der Musik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It appears that Hitler admired Wagner because of his anti-Semitic views.