Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you feel uncomfortable that your significant other has been divorced?
Yes 33 35.48%
No 60 64.52%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1433: Beautiful

"It just sounds disgusting. I - I'm being dead serious."

saraschaefer.com

RUBBER BULLETS*
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I don't think the dick-brain and period is a good comparison. Men have their empires ruined because of response from women, and men's response to agree with women. Back in the days when women had no say, these scandals didn't happen because men didn't give a shit if some candidate was womanizing (and hence, there was no need to lie about it if it became known).

If men today were sole breadwinners and were the only ones who could vote, if it came out that Tiger was cheating with 10 women, he'd get another 20 billion in endorsements from AmEx.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i wonder if everytime they discover a romantic couple of comedians, keith and chemda cackle gleefully in sheer anticipation of the relationship neurosis they can unleash on air.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Back in the days when women had no say, these scandals didn't happen because men didn't give a shit if some candidate was womanizing (and hence, there was no need to lie about it if it became known).
Dick-brain is a fine comparison because a lot of people have no qualms about ruining entire relationships or groups of people for that reason. Also, they had far worse problems back in the day. Not these specific scandals perhaps, because we have a new element of the Internet, but the corruption was just as bad. Even if it was easier and there were less issues, it's idiotic to repress a certain group (and to not expect any backlash eventually). And it was blatantly done at that time.

As for PMS, not every woman has those issues, there's a varying degree of it for each woman, not all of them have it for more than one day, and some of them actually don't have menopause until they're over the age of 55 (and you could have a president younger than that).

You would have men and women making dumb decisions on a daily basis regardless. The world is fucked up and most of the people who run the show are men. It doesn't matter if they're trying to do it for the attention from women. It's still their decision in the end and they should accept the consequences. It's not like a woman's temperament is always wavering compared to a man's. They tend to be more emotional, but most of the women who go into politics are used to this type of boy's club mentality and know how to survive in it. I can't help but roll my eyes every time Keith brings it up on the show. And he even watched Inside Job (which is just one example). I think there was maybe one woman in that entire film.

Besides that, the show was great. I like Chemda's invasive relationship questions. Sometimes I cringe, but ultimately it makes show more entertaining.

Last edited by thirteen; 07-30-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

As far as AirBnB goes, I'm not a huge fan of it. I use CouchSurfing.org for 95% of my travels though (and I travel a lot).

CouchSurfing works similarly. Travellers need a place to sleep and people offer their couch/floor/spare room for a few nights while the traveller is in town. The difference is that you (the host) is still at home while the surfer is staying with you. You are rarely just given the keys to a house while the owner isn't home but it does happen.

Also, there is no money changing hands through CouchSurfing. CouchSurfing is more of a community while AirBnB is a transaction. You leave references for surfers and hosts through CouchSurfing. People with negative references are rarely considered by either hosts or surfers. On a few occasions people have been kicked off of CouchSurfing for reckless or inappropriate behaviour. It is essentially a self-policing system.

AirBnB lacks references which really does make a huge difference.

I have personally never had a bad experience with CS. The people have always been extremely welcoming and thoughtful. Most of my family members have said something along the lines of "You could be staying with an axe murderer." Which is a totally valid concern.. I absolutely could be. However, if you think about it from the other person's perspective, I could be an axe murderer. There is a certain level of trust you both have to have for each other for it to work.

Right now actually I have two people staying with me. One 24 year old girl from Sao Paulo, Brazil. The other is a 26 year old guy from Kabul, Afghanistan who is in the Afghan army. He fights the Taliban.

I also found my current roommate through CS. He is probably the best roommate I've ever had.

CouchSurfing is all about cultural exchange. AirBnB is about making some extra cash on the side.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Chemda is 100% correct in my opinion, yes it wrong that media outlets will pay crazy amounts of money to horrible people, making them rich off terrible things, but if 99% of the public (YOU AND ME) didn't give 2 craps about it, didn't by the stupid magazines, didn't watch their shows, then it wouldn't happen. You can't exactly blame media for trying to get rich. They feed the public what they want and what will make the media outlets rich. If I didn't have a soul, I would probably do the same if it would make me millions.

I wrote into the show several months back when Chemda was talking about feeling guilty about watching the toddler fashion shows stating the same thing, viewers are to blame (technically). Either way, go Chemda, you see the light now! haha
Old 08-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer