Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you a jealous person?
Yes 79 53.02%
No 70 46.98%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Last year, I saw Eddie Vedder play a few songs that he wrote for the "Into the Wild" soundtrack in Little Rock, Arkansas. (He was there for a benefit show rallying for the freeing of the West Memphis 3, or WM3). To everyone's surprise, Johnny Depp was there too and played a few songs. I'm pretty sure he thought he was still Captain Jack Sparrow when he was on stage. Seeing this unbalanced, stammering and swaying Depp just gives more credence to Keith's belief that actors are just blank canvasses who can be trained to play any role. I really think Johnny got stuck after playing Hunter S. Thompson in "Fear and Loathing..."

On a side note, when a guy asked me why I was there to watch the performances, I decided to fuck with him just a little. I'm sure he was wanting to get into some discussion about how much each other knew about the WM3. I already knew plenty and didn't want to bother comparing notes. I said, "Anything I can do to keep those three monsters locked up for the rest of their lives, I'm doing it." Of course, this turned some heads and I caught a few dirty looks.

Here are a couple of videos I shot of the show.
(These look much better when viewed in HD.)

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

She only posted 7 times in the forums, but made sure to publicly flounce off. Whatever.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
I've been listening for over 5 years. I've never missed an episode, bought the books, dvd's, sweatshirt's, tees, towels and bounced your KATG beach balls on beaches from here to Maine but after this episode I just can't do it anymore.
It's been a hell of a ride, thanks for the laughs but I'm out.
All the way from Boston to Maine, huh?

You're a world traveler.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #14 (permalink)

What do you call the new Spider-Man on a bicycle?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #15 (permalink)

There is a huge problem with nutrition in our country, mainly because we don’t understand how it affects us. If you follow an organic, all raw, all plant based diet, you are almost promised not to get any type of cancer or any chronic diseases. You can reverse the diseases you already have too. I know it sounds extreme to the general public, but the food you eat does matter. It can have the same effects on your body as any other chemicals like cocaine or alcohol. Of course it’s a different feeling, but your mind is still affected. I didn’t learn any of this in high school either, not from public service announcements or on commercials. I had to dig and use my interest of why we have so many fatfucks. I had to research the reason, and not many people do that. People don’t understand that you need to STOP eating all fast food. All of it. It’s shit. Meat is not something our bodies really need in this day and age, we aren’t starving to death. It’s really sad for me to see my niece walk around with a piece of pizza and a hugegantic cup of coke. Meanwhile, she has anger issues, she’s been held back two years in school because she can’t spell, her mom spends hundreds of dollars on acne medication yet they still feed her this shit. Food is an underlying cause for 99% of our problems, and it makes me sick.

I didn’t mean to go on a super hippi rant, I’m just passionate about nutrition, and I wish this information was more widespread. In my hippi opinion, they should legalize marijuana and make mcdonalds, burger king, pizza hut, etc illegal. Food is killing us. Not drugs.

A few documentaries if you’re interested. All streamable on Netflix.

“food matters”
“Fat, sick and nearly dead”
“the beautiful truth”
“The gerson miracle”

On a side note, I love Lauren a little more every time she's on.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lattaland View Post
What do you call the new Spider-Man on a bicycle?
Please nobody ask him what. Please.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #17 (permalink)

Can I get a link to Chemda's podcast?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklXbns View Post
On a side note, when a guy asked me why I was there to watch the performances, I decided to fuck with him just a little. I'm sure he was wanting to get into some discussion about how much each other knew about the WM3. I already knew plenty and didn't want to bother comparing notes. I said, "Anything I can do to keep those three monsters locked up for the rest of their lives, I'm doing it."
good one. i always wanted to tell the WM3 people that "the kids probably deserved it anyway. fucking inbred cunts", but i never had the chance.

also when i finished watching "into the wild" i wanted to cheer for the death of that smug hippie piece of shit.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Please nobody ask him what. Please.
but i really wanna know and it's hurting my brain
Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #20 (permalink)

The good news is, the corn lobby has had to try "rebranding" High Fructose Corn Syrup by calling it "corn sugar" because the public knows it's shit. It's still in pretty much every packaged food in the grocery store unless you buy the higher end stuff, but hopefully this is progress. If they're scared enough to waste millions of dollars on this retarded ad campaign that isn't fooling anyone, it means change is in the wind. Or so I hope.

The reason our food manufacturers have turned to HFCS to sweeten everything instead of sugar? For decades, the US has held strict quotas and huge tariffs on foreign sugar producers in order to give them the shaft in favor of US producers. Except, we don't really make much sugar in the US anymore. But we grow a crap-ton of corn.