Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you a jealous person?
Yes 79 53.02%
No 70 46.98%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #51 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Not all people need to be thinking freely. </jadedviewoftheday>
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #52 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbane89 View Post
"When you consider McCandless from my perspective, you quickly see that what he did wasn't even particularly daring, just stupid, tragic, and inconsiderate. First off, he spent very little time learning how to actually live in the wild. He arrived at the Stampede Trail without even a map of the area. If he [had] had a good map he could have walked out of his predicament [... ] Essentially, Chris McCandless committed suicide."
Yeah, that's why I've never watched it. Anytime someone describes it - even when they think they're making it sound good - it sounds like a story about bad things happening to a retarded person.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #53 (permalink)

"Max Gerson (18 October 1881–8 March 1959) was a German physician who developed the Gerson Therapy, an alternative dietary therapy which he claimed could cure cancer and most chronic, degenerative diseases. Gerson described his approach in the book A Cancer Therapy: Results of 50 Cases. However, when Gerson's claims were independently evaluated by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), it was found that Gerson's records lacked the basic information necessary to systematically evaluate his claims. The NCI concluded that Gerson's data showed no benefit from his treatment.[1] The therapy is considered scientifically unsupported and potentially hazardous"

Sounds awesome, where do I sign up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
You are absolutely right about vegans, and I’d like to point out I’m not really big on labeling anyone. I don’t like to call myself a vegan, or a vegetarian for that matter. If a person is eating only celery and cabbage, they can call themselves a vegan, but they’re not healthier than anyone who eats just lunchmeat and cheese. Balanced nutrition takes knowledge on what your body needs. The general public is not informed on what their bodies need. They know: Fast food = bad.. veggies = good.. (<- say that in cookie monster voice.) But they don’t understand the implementing of this reality.

When talking about organics, I completely agree. The impoverished really do take a back seat when it comes to the concern of our socieyt. I guess when I say ‘people’ I mean to say society.. ?.. It’s hard to find someone to point a finger at. Our main focus as a society is on frivolous luxuries such as automobiles and houses. In my opinion, you should pay as much as possible for the food you put in your body. Your house doesn’t represent you, neither does your car. Your body is your main vehicle. If you treat it like shit, eat shit, you are going to feel like shit and you’re going to get sick and die sooner.

When it comes to environment, at least your physical outdoor surroundings, your body knows how to adapt. You can reverse cancer, Max Gerson proved that in the 1940’s. I highly recommend anyone looking into the Gerson Therapy or watching “The Gerson Miracle”. If we are walking around toxic environment while we are malnourished, our immune systems don’t stand a fighting chance. We are the ones who make the ultimate decision to eat foods conveniently, but it’s not fully understood that this can lead to so many side effects including a premature, painful death. Environmental issues are definitely something to shake your finger at, please don’t think I’m brushing that off. But it starts with us. I hate that we are being mislead by advertising and the media to believe that this is all a mystery. It’s not a mystery, it’s just more profitable to have a nation full of sick, pill popping drones.

In another aspect of environment, that I think leads to the biggest issue, is your environment at home. If your parents aren’t taught the way to properly nourish their bodies with nutrition, then they are never going to teach it to their children. Unless they take some time to look into it, but that’s rare. I can see why people think obesity is a genetic disorder, but it’s more of a social disorder than anything. People accept that they will get type 2 diabetes because 90% of their family has it. The thought of that makes me sick. A lot of people would say they’re lazy, I say their uneducated and misinformed.

It’s all about convenience. It’s not convenient to tell the general public that we are killing ourselves with shit food. It’s not convenient for the prescription drug companies to admit that you can cure yourselves with the most natural plant based diet. It’s not convenient to go home and make a salad with fresh veggies for dinner. It’s not convenient to pay more for organic. I think I’m starting to sound like an asshole, that’s not my goal. With all that said, I think Trader Joe’s is doing a pretty good job of making organic produce more convenient. High 5 for Trader Joe’s.

Be looking for my book in about 30 years when I finally gather all my thoughts and compile them. it’ll be called “Convenience is Killing Us”, by Mendy Ray.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:53 AM   #54 (permalink)

I don't think you need to go all the way to the raw food vegan diet. I think its the preservatives that are killing us. (On top of the fact that 90% of everything we eat is corn)

I have freinds who are so against any kind of conspiracy theory, that they will not believe that there is anything bad about anything. Its like they are afraid that if they admit that HFCS might be a little worse then real sugar then they have to agree with all the other stuff like Aspartame gives you brain tumors, organic food is healthier then GMO, fluoride in the water is causing brain damage, 911 was an inside job, Mercury in the vaccines is turning kids into retards, etc...

I was at a grocery store with a friend and she was looking for some garlic. They didn't have any regular cloves but they had some organic ones for maybe 10c more a clove. She flat out REFUSED to buy organic.

"No its a ripoff, I'm not supporting that crap."

Anyone else know these kind of people?

Last edited by doctorsleep; 08-06-2011 at 12:56 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:01 AM   #55 (permalink)

I'm excited that Chemda will have her own show, though my reasons aren't exactly pure. I really hope this is the beginning of the end for Chemda on the show. I've been a longtime listener, but for the last year I like her less with every show. Nowadays I can hardly stand her; I won't bother saying why. Look, I know this is kind of nasty, but I want Keith to know I look forward to the day it's just him or "the girl" becomes someone else or whatever. I so look forward to hearing about everything on his mind...in fact, now it's all I look forward to. I love the guests too, of course. I wish Chemda success on her new show, so much that she won't have time for this one. I'm a bastard, I know, but I'm hoping posts like this make it happen sooner than later. Maybe I'm alone here...whatevs...I never use these forums so I wouldn't know.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:48 AM   #56 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i think that when you give this sort of mean spirited jabs, you kinda have to explain why you did it or you'll look like an asshole.

are you the dude who called in to say she has no musical talent, too?

in that case, fuck you.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:03 AM   #57 (permalink)

I totally agree with you,I think Chemda ruins the show with her pseudo psychology and constant prying into guests private lives even when it is obvious she is annoying them.She is not remotely funny and increasingly comes across as bitter,inarticulate and self obsessed.The show would be so much better without her.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:10 AM   #58 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

hey, where are all the chemda haters coming from? go back in your caves, shitheads.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:22 AM   #59 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra View Post
and constant prying into guests private lives even when it is obvious she is annoying them
yeah, keet never does that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
or you'll look like an asshole.
prolly a little late for that
Old 08-06-2011, 06:34 AM   #60 (permalink)

homophobic waxlady

maybe chemdas waxlady is acting homophobic to ease the awkwardness of waxing her areas