Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you a jealous person?
Yes 79 53.02%
No 70 46.98%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
You keep talking about nature, but nature made cancer in the first place. Cancer is a naturally occurring thing. Nature is the progenitor of rapacious treatment.

Nature will make your organs rupture for no fucking reason at all. Humans will at least wait to do it until you're sitting on some land they want or something.

Nature will fuck you as much as it will help you, and cancer is the "fucking you" kind of nature. It seems like you shouldn't trust it at that point.
All of those points are too scientific for me to grasp.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #82 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
In my opinion, this therapy is way more practical and safe than any type of chemo. I know there are risks, but they are nothing when compared to chemo. What do these negative responses even relate to? Chemotherapy kills you, anything else would be better. I know the Gerson Therapy is expensive, mainly b/c the US won't allow any type of holistic approach to cure cancer. So people are traveling out of the US to be treated. They are not only surviving, they are thriving. People who have been through chemo are alive, but they have serious irreversible side effects.

Another point, when was the last time we heard on TV that someone OD'd on vitamins? Now ask yourself the same about prescription pills. I'm not against modern medicine. I just think people need to know there are other options when it comes to curing diseases, not specifically cancer. I'm not here to sway opinions, I am really here to make my point of view clear. It seems extremely obvious to me that preparing your body for the toxic environment we live in, and curing it with nature makes more sense than pumping ourselves full of chemicals to try to fix an ailment.

Everything is about convenience now. I say my head hurts, the doctor says take an anti-inflammatory medication. But why does my head hurt? That’s a hard question to ask. It’s easier for doctors to prescribe chemicals because they haven’t explored other options. It started out as laziness and morphed into ignorance. Americans in particular are obsessed with convenience and it’s killing us. That is the initial point I was initally trying to make. It has really spiraled out of control, haha. All the way to the benefits of coffee enemas.
Two things can be equally true, not just either/or. Prescription meds can be over-prescribed and abused causing tons of issues, and holistic approaches can be ineffective and have no scientific evidence supporting them. Chemotherapy is used because there is clear evidence it does the job of killing cancer. The debate of whether or not the cure is worse than the disease is a very valid one, but it doesn't shed any light on whether or not a holistic approach actually works. Those are two separate arguments. I wasn't familiar with the Gerson method before this thread, but, as Blitzgal pointed out, it unfortunately seems to be another in a long line of snake oil remedies that look to take money from the desperate. The diet is extremely hard to follow, and leaves it open if it doesn work to "oh, you didn't follow it exactly", the monies charged for the services rendered are exorbitant, and the proponents of the medicine would rather point out how persecuted they are rather than do real scientific studies to prove their point. Also, the idea that people are flooding out of the US and to Europe for these radical treatments, or that Europe has some vastly different ideas/standards, is generally not accurate. It's sort of a "over here is unenlightened, over there is not" fallacy. In many cases the United States consults with European nations/governing bodies, and many of the standards and testing for these types of things are extremely similar.

I'm not going to say there's no basis for eating non-processed foods, reducing fats, and eating fruits and vegetables, as that was pretty much the whole basis of the discussion about Lauren's allergy. You asked when was the last time we saw a news story about someone OD'ing on vitamins? Well, if you look at Lauren's story she was overdosing on sugars, causing very serious issues with her brain and higher functioning. The problem seems to be in general people not getting enough vital nutrients, and overdoing bad ones causing a host of issues, but the body is like anything else - overusing even good things can cause very serious problems. You drink a ridiculous amount of water, and you get water intoxication, vitamin D overdose can cause confusion/vomiting/heart issues/kidney stones and is exclusively linked to overusing supplements, and like I mentioned before, you ingest B6 above the known safe levels and you can cause nerve damage. These are just scientific facts, they don't have an agenda attached to them, so it's entirely possible you could see a news story about someone overdosing on a vitamin and having a health issue, but it's just not put in that context. And really, the idea of "natural" v man made is overblown in a lot of cases, as many of our cures and treatments have a derivative of something "natural", and there are plenty of natural things that can cause pretty horrific issues on their own.

I think most of what you're saying is spot on, as it pertains to eating correctly, I just disagree with the Gerson method, and orthomolecular treatments, as they have been pretty thoroughly debunked, and the people who are there main proponents won't do the necessary work to scientifically prove it's effectiveness which could end a lot of the so called persecution.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
All of those points are too scientific for me to grasp.
I know you're trying to serve me some of your eponym, but that doesn't even make bitchy sense. I am speaking to you unscientifically because you are speaking unscientifically.

I guess you just don't like that I'm making simplistic logic holes in your simplistic logic ship of U.S.S. Everything Can Be Solved By Putting Assorted Vegetables In Your Butt.

Last edited by Cretaceous Bob; 08-09-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: GODDAMMIT DWARRIOR RECORDED MY TYPO BEFORE I CAUGHT IT.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #84 (permalink)

No, the coffee goes in your butt to take out all the extra potassium that you put in your mouth.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #85 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I know you're trying to serve me some of your eponym, but that doesn't even make bitchy sense. I'm am speaking to you unscientifically because you are speaking unscientifically.

I guess you just don't like that I'm making simplistic logic holes in your simplistic logic ship of U.S.S. Everything Can Be Solved By Putting Assorted Vegetables In Your Butt.
She's actually using what I said against you.

I was just about to say "who gives a fuck, you won't get anywhere and her opinion doesn't matter" but then I remembered you get a hardon for arguing. So carry on, just post some tits at the end if you don't mind.

tit-tays!
Old 08-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #86 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbane89 View Post
I think most of what you're saying is spot on, as it pertains to eating correctly, I just disagree with the Gerson method, and orthomolecular treatments, as they have been pretty thoroughly debunked, and the people who are there main proponents won't do the necessary work to scientifically prove it's effectiveness which could end a lot of the so called persecution.
Actually, most of what she says is bullshit. With the only tiny nugget of truth being "it's pretty good to eat well." Eating well is not a cure-all and shoving coffee up your ass won't cure caner. That sensation you feel is the caffeine absorbing into your blood stream through your ass membrane, not tantalizing detoxification.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
No, the coffee goes in your butt to take out all the extra potassium that you put in your mouth.
I know, but I took creative liberties in the interest of humour because putting vegetables in butts is funnier. I'm sure it has equivalent cancer fighting qualities, anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
She's actually using what I said against you.

I was just about to say "who gives a fuck, you won't get anywhere and her opinion doesn't matter" but then I remembered you get a hardon for arguing.
IT IS THE RAGINGEST.
Quote:
So carry on, just post some tits at the end if you don't mind.

tit-tays!
I DECLARE VICTORY.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
IT IS THE RAGINGEST.

I DECLARE VICTORY.

Now this is an argument I can take to the bank. The jerkbank.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #89 (permalink)

PEACHES FOR THE WIN!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually, most of what she says is bullshit. With the only tiny nugget of truth being "it's pretty good to eat well." Eating well is not a cure-all and shoving coffee up your ass won't cure caner. That sensation you feel is the caffeine absorbing into your blood stream through your ass membrane, not tantalizing detoxification.
That's exactly what I said. Thanks for not highlighting the part where I said it because you were sitting on (pun intended) that fabulous bit about enemas and ass membranes that just had to get out there, as it's the modern day "5 words you can't say on TV", and how could you deny the world that? Speaking of enemas, I do appreciate that you're pioneering the field of self-cranial enemas, but those do have the side effect of impairing brain function, so try to practice that moderatly.