Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1437: Into the Wild (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1437-into-wild-16535/)

Keith 08-04-2011 05:08 PM

1437: Into the Wild

"I guess you work for yourself, so you can look like that."

LAURENHENNESSY.COM

Cubeforce 08-04-2011 08:07 PM

A Chemda spinoff show? Exciting!:D

Sorin Markov 08-04-2011 09:17 PM

people sueing mc donalds for making them fat, this is a little silly but i feel like we should be holding companies like mc donalds and neutella accountable for how they advertise, and trick stupid people

becca 08-04-2011 11:19 PM

I've been listening for over 5 years. I've never missed an episode, bought the books, dvd's, sweatshirt's, tees, towels and bounced your KATG beach balls on beaches from here to Maine but after this episode I just can't do it anymore.
It's been a hell of a ride, thanks for the laughs but I'm out.

Keith 08-05-2011 12:09 AM

Please nobody ask her why. Please.

dannyhatch 08-05-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becca (Post 707686)
I've been listening for over 5 years. I've never missed an episode, bought the books, dvd's, sweatshirt's, tees, towels and bounced your KATG beach balls on beaches from here to Maine but after this episode I just can't do it anymore.

Your avatar is very silly. It's a cupcake, but he's got arms and legs and a face and stuff. i like it.

Lanfear 08-05-2011 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 707687)
Please nobody ask her why. Please.

Your wish is my command!

guitarrob 08-05-2011 02:34 AM

Quote:

I just can't do it anymore.

Don't do us any favors. Dummy.

whatotherway 08-05-2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorin Markov (Post 707682)
people sueing mc donalds for making them fat, this is a little silly but i feel like we should be holding companies like mc donalds and neutella accountable for how they advertise, and trick stupid people

Yes they trick people.

Mc Donalds puts out salads, and advertises them as healthy, but neglect to point out that with the salad dressing they put in it, they can have more calories than that burger you might put to one side.

Breakfast cereal companies in the US are careful to keep the transfat in their products to 0.49 grams so they don't have to report it. If a product has 0.5 grams or more of transfat in a serving size, it has to be stated on the packaging. To do this they have had to reduce the serving size of a lot of products. I read that one granola bar has a serving size of half the bar, but few have noticed the change.

Health Authorities in the US, recommend no more than 2 grams of transfat a day, yet one granola bar of the wrong brand can give you almost half of that. Add that healthy breakfast cereal, where most people put two to three servings in their bowl, having not noticed the recommended serving size has been reduced, and you are over the limit, before you have any cakes, cookies, doughnuts or any of the other foodstuff that also have 0.49 grams per serving size in them.

The food companies have a lot to answer for.

Replace the sugar in food with corn syrup and feed carefully controlled amounts of it to rats, dogs, pigs or other lab animals, and the animals become obese, whereas the control animals, who have the same food in the same amounts but with refined sugar in it, remain slim.

Look at the food packets and note how many have corn syrup in it. Even Coke uses corn syrup in their drink.

<sigh> is it any wonder why all these fatsos are so fat? Try to find food without corn syrup, even if you make your own, some of the ingredients have it added.

VividRave 08-05-2011 04:12 AM

Quote:

oh thank GOD becca you were SO ANNOYING.

peace attention ho! :P