Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1437: Into the Wild (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1437-into-wild-16535/)

Cretaceous Bob 08-06-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vision (Post 707817)
I'm excited that Chemda will have her own show, though my reasons aren't exactly pure. I really hope this is the beginning of the end for Chemda on the show. I've been a longtime listener, but for the last year I like her less with every show. Nowadays I can hardly stand her; I won't bother saying why. Look, I know this is kind of nasty, but I want Keith to know I look forward to the day it's just him or "the girl" becomes someone else or whatever. I so look forward to hearing about everything on his mind...in fact, now it's all I look forward to. I love the guests too, of course. I wish Chemda success on her new show, so much that she won't have time for this one. I'm a bastard, I know, but I'm hoping posts like this make it happen sooner than later. Maybe I'm alone here...whatevs...I never use these forums so I wouldn't know.

Huh, I like the idea of Chemda having her own show, but because sometimes I get tired of Keith, and I don't ever get tired of Chemda.

DWarrior 08-06-2011 09:14 AM

When I was growing up in Russia, I had Nutella on bread for breakfast. I've never had health problems or weight problems. And as part of my chores, I had to go grocery shopping, which included buying beer. I didn't grow up to be an alcoholic.

Blitzgal 08-06-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scumbag (Post 707806)
"Max Gerson (18 October 1881–8 March 1959) was a German physician who developed the Gerson Therapy, an alternative dietary therapy which he claimed could cure cancer and most chronic, degenerative diseases. Gerson described his approach in the book A Cancer Therapy: Results of 50 Cases. However, when Gerson's claims were independently evaluated by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), it was found that Gerson's records lacked the basic information necessary to systematically evaluate his claims. The NCI concluded that Gerson's data showed no benefit from his treatment.[1] The therapy is considered scientifically unsupported and potentially hazardous"

Sounds awesome, where do I sign up?

Yeah, Gerson was the epitome of a snakeoil salesman. He first marketed his diet plan to cure migraine headaches and tuberculosis. Then he claimed it cured cancer. Basically, they tell you to eat a vegetarian diet of whole, unprocessed foods to detoxify your body. In the most general terms, anyone who eats like that is going to be healthier. Except, their other treatment to detoxify your body is coffee enemas. That's right, jam coffee up your ass and that somehow detoxifies your body.

When no one else is able to replicate your results in an independent study, you have not "proven" anything.

The other bullshit cancer cure guy I heard about recently is one who treats cancer with human piss. No, I'm not making that up.

Stanislaw Burzynski - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Junkenstein 08-06-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWarrior (Post 707835)
When I was growing up in Russia, I had Nutella on bread for breakfast. I've never had health problems or weight problems. And as part of my chores, I had to go grocery shopping, which included buying beer. I didn't grow up to be an alcoholic.

thats why russia is a half arsed country now. you used to be tough, hard drinking badasses. now youre all spoiled, nutella eating nerds.

How do you fight bears in siberian cold under the stalinesque regime, if you're chuggin nutella all day? boo.

Rufio 08-06-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWarrior (Post 707835)

Don't you mean nutella had you for breakfast?

DWarrior 08-06-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufio (Post 707841)
Don't you mean nutella had you for breakfast?

This was in post-Soviet Russia

Bucho 08-06-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vision (Post 707817)
I so look forward to hearing about everything on his mind...in fact, now it's all I look forward to.

Lol.

ssgtballard 08-07-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sierra (Post 707820)
I totally agree with you,I think Chemda ruins the show with her pseudo psychology and constant prying into guests private lives even when it is obvious she is annoying them.She is not remotely funny and increasingly comes across as bitter,inarticulate and self obsessed.The show would be so much better without her.

Who hurt you baby ?;)

juliofromny 08-07-2011 04:20 PM

Oh Boy! I can't wait for Chemda's podcast to launch :D

Snarky 08-08-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scumbag (Post 707806)
"Max Gerson (18 October 1881–8 March 1959) was a German physician who developed the Gerson Therapy, an alternative dietary therapy which he claimed could cure cancer and most chronic, degenerative diseases. Gerson described his approach in the book A Cancer Therapy: Results of 50 Cases. However, when Gerson's claims were independently evaluated by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), it was found that Gerson's records lacked the basic information necessary to systematically evaluate his claims. The NCI concluded that Gerson's data showed no benefit from his treatment.[1] The therapy is considered scientifically unsupported and potentially hazardous"

Sounds awesome, where do I sign up?

Seemed like a better option to me than chemo, where they literally kill you and bring you back. This therapy is the opposite of chemo. They pump you full of green veggie juices to supercharge your immune system. I'm sure you can find a ton of negative info on it, but reading through some of the testemonials might change your opinon. Maybe it won't. I don't give a fuck either way.