Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is your partner’s slobbery disrespectful?
Yes 32 32.99%
No 39 40.21%
N/A 26 26.80%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1438: Parallel Thinking

"You rhymed? While she's giving $20 head?"

Brother Love
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

It took me a really long time to realize that I was the weird one, not the people I lived with who never cleaned up after themselves. It continues to be frustrating, but I know it is negligence not an active thought of "I can't be bothered" or whatever. It just never occurs to them to not put the spoon on the counter, never mind to pick it up afterward. (There's a spoon on my kitchen counter right now and here I am in my room typing on the internet about it, rather than clean up after someone else.)

Anyway, it isn't disrespect. It isn't anything. It just is not and will never be how they (the majority of the world) think about things.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

When does it stop being a fight for a cause and become a self-destructive obsession? Should Louis spew bile, and vitriol at Dane every chance he gets? Should he form a sort of comedic mafia and break Dane’s legs? Or maybe Louis should command a ship of misfit sailors and follow Cook to the ends of the earth in hopes that he’ll someday get his revenge.
Dane Cook is already a superstar, the “battle” is pretty much lost. Louis can’t damage Dane’s career, so any anger or aggression that Louis C.K. would throw Danes way would only come off as petty and out of hand in most peoples eyes. I get the impression that Louis wants to just move on from the entire incident and this episode was more him pandering to the vocal minority that wants to see Louis challenge Dane to open combat and then behead him. Also Keith’s analogy is totally off, in the case of a woman getting mugged and not wanting to press chargers, there is an organized third party that takes over and enforces the punishment, regardless of the victims wishes. Until there is a state subsidized, comedy police force, this is just another fucked up unfortunate event.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I get the impression that Louis wants to just move on from the entire incident and this episode was more him pandering to the vocal minority that wants to see Louis challenge Dane to open combat and then behead him.
Moving on = having him on his show at least two years after the peak of the controversy? Moving on = having Joan Rivers make fun of Dane Cook a few episodes beforehand? I am all for this no mercy tact taken towards Dane Cook, but I don't think Louis needs to do anything about it at this point. That window has closed. Doing nothing would have been fine and no one would have though about it again. But to have him on the show, even if it was to somehow exact vengeance (which would of course be impossible), is allowing him visibility he'd otherwise not have.

I don't think the battle is over or lost. Louis C.K. gets bigger and bigger all the time, in smaller increments. Dane Cook peaked long ago. At best, having him on the show is saying "there is no battle." At worst though, it's giving Dane Cook a tiny chance at reviving the career that seemed to have waned.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
Moving on = having him on his show at least two years after the peak of the controversy? Moving on = having Joan Rivers make fun of Dane Cook a few episodes beforehand? ...I don't think the battle is over or lost. Louis C.K. gets bigger and bigger all the time, in smaller increments. Dane Cook peaked long ago. At best, having him on the show is saying "there is no battle." At worst though, it's giving Dane Cook a tiny chance at reviving the career that seemed to have waned.
Good point.

Also, it may just be me but, kicking someone in throat as you pass them on the ladder of success seems hardly satisfying. He already has his millions whats a kick to the ego going to do? Danes name may not be on everyone's lips but his career is far from being on the wane.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

this will get him a creer boost. Louis' fans who regularly see the show will see the episode and go back on following cook again.

not only he got away scott free, he won some new notoriety from this. New comics should follow his example and steal more jokes.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

our emotional lives are about roles. In TA there are 3 roles; parent, adult and child. Pretty simple.
When someone you live with, regardless of relationship, communicates with you and you don't instantly dismiss them, you're entering a tacit agreement with them. If their requests or suggestions are then ignored it can be assessed as the defiance of a child. "You're not the boss of me."
Negligence is passive aggression.
Adult to Adult:
"Please at least rinse your dishes out."
"When I am in a hurry I may not do that."
"If that continues and I am left to clean up I will have to take compensatory measures."

"That jacket was expensive."
"I'm open to discussion."
John F. O'Donnel, KATG Show #1127 @01:35:33
"I will hammer-fuck you with my cock of destiny."
"The most powerful force in the universe is irony." - jdb, 1994 "Ignorance is never not arrogant." - jdb, 2007

Old 08-09-2011, 07:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
Anyway, it isn't disrespect. It isn't anything. It just is not and will never be how they (the majority of the world) think about things.

This.

My pet peeve is the toilet. Why do you leave the seat down to piss if you know you're going to dribble all over it? And, you have the perfect aiming device. Why the fuck are you dribbling on the floor in front of the bowl? Now I just leave those cleaning wipes above the toilet and wipe it down myself. I give up.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
This.

My pet peeve is the toilet. Why do you leave the seat down to piss if you know you're going to dribble all over it? And, you have the perfect aiming device. Why the fuck are you dribbling on the floor in front of the bowl? Now I just leave those cleaning wipes above the toilet and wipe it down myself. I give up.
The question is why is the seat down when I go in.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
And, you have the perfect aiming device. Why the fuck are you dribbling on the floor in front of the bowl?
Think of it like turning off the shower. You shut the water off, but the head still drips. Hence, floor piss.