Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If you were at the riots, would you join in?
Yes 25 18.66%
No 109 81.34%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2011, 11:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Tig!!!

I saw Tig Notaro at a Backbooth show in Orlando last year. Easily the funniest, most awesome show that I've ever seen, and I have been to see many comics performing (including Keith's fave Doug Stanhope!) Immediately after the show, I was talking to a friend about how she was funny, like a female Zach Galifianakis - and then I hear her say, "hmmm, interesting" - she pops up literally right behind me. Lurking after one of her shows! I thought she was at the merch table. Nope, this is a story about the real thing! Mind melting awesome!

I have no idea how this interview goes, randomly visited the site after listening to Chemda describe her triathlon experience and saw that Tig was the guest for the most recent show ... and lost my mind a little. Can't imagine what a KATG interview will be like.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:37 AM   #12 (permalink)

Tig was very funny off the cuff but didn't seem that keen to talk about herself.
The type of guest were you could do a whole show of news and have them add comments but don't bother interviewing them. Still a good show either way but I swear I could hear Keith trying to keep himself calm and patient with the effort.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

TIG!

Only time to hear the first half but the 3 of yous in one room was awesome, commercial breaks and all. Curious how you met Tig or booked Tig perhaps it will be explained in the second half. Favorite line "You're hard to talk to"
And excited that I remembered my log in password after a year.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:36 AM   #14 (permalink)

the riots were handled mostly by minorites and gangs. if i tried to join, i'd have my lily white ass kicked.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyReference View Post
Tig was very funny off the cuff but didn't seem that keen to talk about herself. The type of guest were you could do a whole show of news and have them add comments but don't bother interviewing them. Still a good show either way but I swear I could hear Keith trying to keep himself calm and patient with the effort.
Yeah, there was that evasive side to Tig when it comes to personal stuff but that's her perogative and she and Keith are so naturally quick and hilarious that that kind of sparring lead to a very entertaining chemistry and a very fun episode.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #16 (permalink)

I'd join in on the riots, because how often do you get to be in a riot?

I like to experience new things. Escargot, and setting cars on fire.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:18 AM   #17 (permalink)

Haven't heard the show yet.

First thought, hell no. Then one of the the posts here reminded they don't have guns in England , ok I'm down, only in these silly no guns countries though. Listening to the news on the way to work this morning, they were talking about how some people's houses were being looted now and I thought how are people not getting blown away, oh, right. Where's good ol' Spooks to argue for guns when you need him.

And Treehouse of Horror XIII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia second segment
Old 08-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #18 (permalink)

this isnt a jab or a flame, since i dont really know the answer:

during the LA riots, people had guns right? did the fact that both the people and the police have guns change anything?

Honestly, im pro-gun, but i'm not sure riots are a good argument.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #19 (permalink)

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not joining in if it's possible for someone's reaction to the mob coming down the street is a gunshot.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #20 (permalink)

still, most of the rioters seemed like people who would probably have guns themselves and eventually fire back. or use the guns FOR the looting. again, im PRO-gunbs, but when it comes to riots, i dont think they prevent them.