Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Which TV would you get?
The $500 one 40 39.22%
The $700 one 62 60.78%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotron View Post
The results of the poll thus far is really saddening. I don't recall Keith ever citing what the actual difference between the TV's were other than "This one was 500 and this one was 700." How about researching customer reviews, finding competing prices on similar TV's. Or even just checking what that extra 200 actually went towards.
You're the only one that answered correctly. The $700 TV was a trick. In fact, it was only a PICTURE of a TV.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #22 (permalink)

Kitty Genovese was stabbed twice in the alleyway behind her apartment building as she came home from work at 3:15AM one early morning. When she screamed, someone shouted out their window to "Let that girl alone!" At that point her attacker, Winston Moseley, took off, but returned ten minutes later. In the meantime Genovese had been able to make her way out of the alleyway and into the hallway of a building, where she got stuck near a locked door. That's where Moseley found her, stabbed her several more times, and raped her as she died.

While she was still outside in the alleyway, several people called the police, but the calls were not given a priority and the cops didn't come out. It's true that no one followed up to see what happened after she left the area, but it's simply untrue that 38 people watched from their windows as she was stabbed and raped. Moseley himself had to systematically search the parking lot, the train station, and another apartment building before he managed to find her the second time. At that point they both were out of view of the original witnesses. It's still a terrible story, but the original reporting of it was untrue.

Murder of Kitty Genovese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The followup on Moseley. What a monster:

Quote:
In 1968, during a trip to a Buffalo, New York hospital for surgery, Moseley overpowered a guard and beat him up to the point that his eyes were bloody. He then took a bat and swung it at the closest person to him and took five hostages, raping one of them in front of her husband—actions for which Moseley would later blame his parents—before he was recaptured after a two-day manhunt. He also participated in the 1971 Attica Prison riots. In the late 1970s Moseley obtained a B.A. in Sociology in prison.

Moseley's first parole hearing in 1984 included his defense that "For a victim outside, it's a one-time or one-hour or one-minute affair, but for the person who's caught, it's forever." Moseley remains in prison after being denied parole a thirteenth time on March 11, 2008. Moseley's next parole hearing is scheduled for November 2011.
That's right; this fucker is arguing for sympathy because his pain has been longer than Kitty's.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 08-16-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This just goes to show you that our society was pretty fucked back in the 60s, and we're all still here, so it's all good.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You're the only one that answered correctly. The $700 TV was a trick. In fact, it was only a PICTURE of a TV.
if a picture of a tv costs 700$ dollars its probably modern art done by Poopcasso Warhol or something like that, so it would probably make me look smart. id take it.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
if a picture of a tv costs 700$ dollars its probably modern art done by Poopcasso Warhol or something like that, so it would probably make me look smart. id take it.
A smart Poopcasso TV would go for at least $700,000
Old 08-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

the part i dont really get about these "superheroes" is the suit thing. i'm all for vigilaintes, but it makes sense the "death wish" way. if you decide to take the law in your own hands, just kill the criminals and put terror in them.

do rorchach, not superdoofus (to push for a nerd reference)
Old 08-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #27 (permalink)

I saw part of the Superhero thing.

The suit makes sense for the more Neighborhood Watch types that are just trying to raise awareness. A few people walking around, ok, the drug dealer might move along. A few people walking around with costumes with capes and flashing lights, that'll really draw attention. Makes less sense for the ones that seemed more about violence, cause that makes you more of a target, to the police and criminals. Now instead being after some dude that they have 10 different descriptions of, you're after the dude with the skull mask. I do think it's funny in the imbedded trailer for New York Initiative, the guy has a mask but a visible and good-sized neck tattoo (unless that's part of the the disguise, hmmm, ok that guys a genius).
Old 08-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #28 (permalink)

it makes me feel like theyre doing it that way to please their ego and gain fame as "superheros" or masked vigilantes.

now i think the idea is ok, but maybe building a squad and organize it better would be more effective.

PS: neither here nor there but Lauren's Mum is super sweet

Last edited by Junkenstein; 08-16-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
I do think it's funny in the imbedded trailer for New York Initiative, the guy has a mask but a visible and good-sized neck tattoo (unless that's part of the the disguise, hmmm, ok that guys a genius).
The neck tattoo thing is either extreme stupidity or genius. Except geniuses wouldn't go out and do this in the first place, so that narrows it down a lot.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
PS: neither here nor there but Lauren's Mum is super sweet