Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The Freezer Door
I can relate. 18 18.95%
Wow! That's a problem! 77 81.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1445: Hurts So Good

"I put my head in the freezer door, and I slammed it in the freezer door."

www.MikeRecine.com
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The kid Mike may have pushed over while in preschool was most likely just a diabetic. That "feeding tube" was just the tube coming from his insulin pump to his abdomen. I think Mike can finally relax after 20 years of worry. The kid was only diabetic.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

So it probably didn't affect him at all, says the "doctor".
Old 08-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

being pushed over as a child helped the said sick kid, much like the chumbawumba song says. "sick kid knocked down, and then gets up again you're never going to keep him down" it also goes on to talk about the pushee's drinking problems. hmmmm I think that Chumbawumba should get a shoutout on the next show and 50% of all merch sales for three months... keith and chemda obviously stole the entire show idea from that lone song.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

As a user of an insulin pump who has accidentally ripped out her site or had it tugged in painful unnatural ways, I'd place my bets on that he was fine. I don't know if he remembers how big the tubing was but if it was thinner than standard Ipod headphones, it was likely just an insulin pump. Feeding tubes are much thicker and the user has to have a huge and very noticeable baggie that is either on an IV pole or in a backpack that he constantly wears.

I'm not a doctor, but I have had type 1 diabetes for over 15 years and have been on the pump for 10 of them. Additionally, I have a cousin who only has three feet of intestines who has to be on a feeding tube.

Most diabetics are not as fragile as people think they are. We do sometimes take advantage of that stereotype though because there has to be some sort of benefit to having to be on annoying restrictions.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

this guy was a good guest for once, KATG has tons and tons of new guests since moving to the new studio, going for the more professional approach, which is good I guess ,but like newsy said "it went from a good episode one in every three, now its one in ten" , have trey on again
Old 08-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I thought Keith and Chemda said the guest's name was "Micro Sheen" for the first 10-15 minutes of the show.
Mike looks adorable. A nutso for sure though.

My favourite shows are the ones with just Keith and Chemda, but I am digging the various guests as a way to discover new comedians.

As for disciplining kids, it completely depends on the kid. Sometimes speaking to them won't work because of the dynamic between the kid and their parents, and usually because the kid is a little more rebellious. A lighter form of beating or spanking needs to take place in these cases, in my opinion. Or make sure the kid is somewhat scared of you. Enough that they'll think twice about doing something disrespectful more than once, but not so much that they can't come to you with key concerns. It's a fine line and it's hard to maintain. But completely possible.

Last edited by thirteen; 08-17-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck_king View Post
this guy was a good guest for once, KATG has tons and tons of new guests since moving to the new studio, going for the more professional approach, which is good I guess ,but like newsy said "it went from a good episode one in every three, now its one in ten" , have trey on again
I think we found our new program director.

Oh Canada...
Old 08-18-2011, 07:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Are you kidding me? Dan Soder, Dave, and Jeffrey Joseph were all excellent. And even though Tig annoyed me that was still an entertaining show.

If you honestly think only one show in ten is any good then why the fuck are you still here?
Old 08-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
If you honestly think only one show in ten is any good then why the fuck are you still here?

Exactly