Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Little Baby Faggot vs. Old Lady
Keith's right. 79 61.24%
Christian's right. 50 38.76%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognegro13x View Post
in reality what could this old lady really do to Keith?
Its not a matter of what she could do, its what she did do, she was out of line. If a child goes and punches some random adult should he be punished? OF COURSE! Can the kid do anything to that adult? No. But none the less he should learn respect. Same goes for an old woman.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
And do those people happen to be comedians?

It was Chris Hardwick and Aisha Tyler. So.....a qualified yes? I don't know how they are received in the community. I listen to that show for the guests.

I'm with you when it comes to hearing the same material over and over again. I used to listen to Bob and Tom, and I went to see a guy who was a guest on their show when he came to Madison. He did the same material I'd just heard him do during his "interview" on Bob and Tom. It was disappointing to me.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 08-25-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #23 (permalink)

This whole episode seems like a promo for Chemda. When they started talking about stand-ups it was just one thing after another with her. I do...., I did......,I can.........,I should........., I will.........

Even when the subject was about comedians, something she obviously is not, she still made herself the centerpoint when she brought up her dating Keith and then making sure it was know that Lauren was extremly talented as well.

Its like she was trying to validate herself the entire episode when Christian and Keith were talking about their success as comics. Got really tough to listen to actually with Chemda's constant "Im still here!" remarks.

Still love the show and never miss an episode but this one was incredibly off-putting. Lots of love for Chemda as well though!!!

Also, Comics are fuckin' Comics it doesn't matter if you do it everyday or once a year your out to make people laughl--if you do that YOU'RE A COMIC!!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #24 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOLLADA06 View Post
......Even when the subject was about comedians, something she obviously is not.......... Also, Comics are fuckin' Comics it doesn't matter if you do it everyday or once a year your out to make people laughl--if you do that YOU'RE A COMIC!!
Contradiction much? She makes people laugh daily and even puts on live shows making people laugh.
None the less she's qualified, she may not be a comedian per say but she is (for lack of a better word) industry.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #25 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

It amazes me how much more Chemda fights for Keith more than Keith does. As soon as Christian starts going after Keith for only doing the material once she takes over the whole show and beats christian and all other comedians up for talking shit about the way Keith works.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #26 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
This whole episode seems like a promo for Chemda. When they started talking about stand-ups it was just one thing after another with her. I do...., I did......,I can.........,I should........., I will.........

Even when the subject was about comedians, something she obviously is not, she still made herself the centerpoint when she brought up her dating Keith and then making sure it was know that Lauren was extremly talented as well.

Its like she was trying to validate herself the entire episode when Christian and Keith were talking about their success as comics. Got really tough to listen to actually with Chemda's constant "Im still here!" remarks.

Still love the show and never miss an episode but this one was incredibly off-putting. Lots of love for Chemda as well though!!!

Also, Comics are fuckin' Comics it doesn't matter if you do it everyday or once a year your out to make people laughl--if you do that YOU'RE A COMIC!!
Wow your really saying that? Chemda is funny she is a big part of why I listen everyday. I don't get how u can say that. So u listen to every show and never laugh when Chemda says something. I just don't see how.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #27 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Squirrel View Post
Its not a matter of what she could do, its what she did do, she was out of line. If a child goes and punches some random adult should he be punished? OF COURSE! Can the kid do anything to that adult? No. But none the less he should learn respect. Same goes for an old woman.
Keith is more sensitive than most. I agree with Christian in this matter. Keith's actions are not going to change her (she is not going to "learn respect") and if he has the balls to do something like that now, then imagine what he would do as an old man.

It would be better if Keith went around telling teens off. I'd pay to see that.

As for the comedy issue, Keith is no less of a working person just because he does one or two stand-up shows per year. If he's funny, he's funny. He was made for this...no doubt. However, I understand Christian's argument about how it's hard to equate what he and other comedians do and what Keith does as being the same under the definition of what a comedian is and has become in our society. One isn't better than the other, but there's an "in" crowd and an "out" crowd.

Quote:
Chemda fiercely defends Keith, and for good reason. She brought up Lauren a couple of times as a way to get her point across too, which was fine with me. I was actually wondering about Cat's reaction as well, so I'm glad Chemda brought it up. The relationship discussions have always been a staple of the show.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

to stand-up or not to stand-up

Sorry Christian - because I think you awesome, a fantastic guest and a brilliant comic but I totally disagree with your arguments on keith-is-not-really-a-stand-up-comedian point. Implying that Keith doesn't take his performance seriously because he's doing it "just for fun" or that he hasn't earned it because he didn't put enough hours pounding the pavement sounds so snobbish and condescending.

To google web-define it: "Stand-up comedy is a style of comedy where a comedian performs in front of a live audience, usually speaking directly to them. Their performances are sometimes filmed for later release via DVD, internet, movies, and television."

This is exactly what Keith does and he puts in effort and does it successfully - he doesn't approach it half-assed and he's not constantly bombing. His version of club performances and pounding the pavement is doing KATG and just because he takes a different path to his performance doesn't mean he works less or takes it any less seriously.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #29 (permalink)

It gets annoying how much Chemda slams comedians for disliking when non-comics try to do stand up.

The bottom line is that Comedians barely have anything to begin with and when people with some measure of celebrity just decide to take what little there is to go around it upsets them.

Also, Keith is a great standup. Just because he chooses to only do stand up once a year doesn't change that or reduce the validity of his work.

I'm a natural born musician, I play Bass guitar and I'm very talented (if I do say so myself) but I know there's no future in playing music for me so I focus on my career as a programmer. Every now and then I'll hop on stage with a friends band and play a cover. That doesn't reduce my talent or the validity of my self given title of "a bass player"

Last edited by RazorWire; 08-25-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:

Blah blah, laugh track, it's all about you....you dudes will randomly come in here and say the same stupid thing over and over again, for YEARS now. Why are you listening? And you can't take away the cruelty of what you wrote by saying "lots of love" after it. Doesn't work.

So Chemda should sit there silently while this conversation is taking place? It is a talk show, and she is the co-host...