Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Breaking Bad
Good 38 33.63%
Bad 5 4.42%
I've never seen it 70 61.95%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2011, 09:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Keith! I'm only on season 2 of Breaking Bad, but the main dude blew up a house, they killed some people in a desert, they OD'd a girl, two planes collided mid-flight, 2 Mexicans gangstas killed a bunch of people with axes, and one of them had his legs amputated and then when he was in the hospital he pulled all the tubes off of him and dragged himself with his arms to the door where Walt was standing and there was blood everywhere and it was like the most disturbing thing I've ever seen. I really do think you're watching a different show.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
you're wrong
agreed.

This show has amazing characters portrayed by brilliant actors. The plot is so good and everything is %100 believable. Even if you hate Jesse Pinkman's character or the subject of Meth (I know I do) you have to love Bob Odenkirk's lawyer character. He was first introduced in S2E8. Hilarious. Huge fan of the Bob.

They are doing 16 more episodes for a season 5. Exciting.

Anyone else feel like 'Skyler' looks like the Joker now? Poor thing got the worst nose job or something.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
Keith! I'm only on season 2 of Breaking Bad, but the main dude blew up a house, they killed some people in a desert, they OD'd a girl, two planes collided mid-flight, 2 Mexicans gangstas killed a bunch of people with axes, and one of them had his legs amputated and then when he was in the hospital he pulled all the tubes off of him and dragged himself with his arms to the door where Walt was standing and there was blood everywhere and it was like the most disturbing thing I've ever seen. I really do think you're watching a different show.

Shit, who can forget the acid-filled bathtub crashing through the ceiling and spreading human goo all over the place in season one? I remember when I started watching this show thinking that it started off with much more of a bang than Weeds did. When I mentioned that to a friend, he said, "Well, meth IS a very different drug than weed." Good point.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Shit, who can forget the acid-filled bathtub crashing through the ceiling and spreading human goo all over the place in season one? I remember when I started watching this show thinking that it started off with much more of a bang than Weeds did. When I mentioned that to a friend, he said, "Well, meth IS a very different drug than weed." Good point.
ZOMG! I totally did forget about that! Soooo goooood....
Old 08-31-2011, 11:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

at some point keith will just call us stupid fat nerds and that will be the end of it.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montucky Jess Jess View Post
The plot is so good and everything is %100 believable.
Is it percent a hundred believable? It can be taken down to percent ninety-nine believable for my tastes.

Seriously though, have they put a camera looking up from a toilet yet? That would be fun to see.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
No he's just up to date - all the really cool stuff happened in the first seasons and now its just a lot of boring talking and driving cars. And yes the box cutter scenes were cool but there is NOTHING else going on right now.
But obviously I am watching it wrong somehow and don't get the artistic merit of this season so fuuuuuuuck me.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
No he's just up to date - all the really cool stuff happened in the first seasons and now its just a lot of boring talking and driving cars. And yes the box cutter scenes were cool but there is NOTHING else going on right now.
But obviously I am watching it wrong somehow and don't get the artistic merit of this season so fuuuuuuuck me.
nothing to do with art, its just good and you like true blood. so thats all there is to say.

ADD: in the end you're all right, breaking bad is the worst show ever made. its pure shit and anyone who likes it is a pretentious fat piece of shit nerd who never had sex in their life.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 08-31-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

It's best to not try to tell Keith what to watch or assume he'll like anything. Most of the time he doesn't end up liking something. Although, for some reason, it is a great feeling when he does agree with you about some TV show or film. I'm about to start watching "Breaking Bad". A lot of people with good taste in television (and people I like) claim it's one of the best shows they've ever watched. For that reason I'd like to give it a chance.

As for the "Dancing With the Stars" thing, I can see Keith's point, but the whole gender and sex issue is different in the dance world. Your sex (body type / biological structure) matters more than gender. There are specific roles for women and men to play, and most of the time their body physique matches that role anyway. A choreographer can develop and sustain a few routines for same-sex partners, but after a while it wouldn't be on an equal level as the opposite-sex partners. There is only so much you can change from the traditional dance style without turning it into a completely different style, thereby making it unfair to judge alongside the other couples. The choreographer would have a much harder time trying to fit in with the traditional movements the judges always want to see. So while it's possible to have same-sex partners on the show, it would be very difficult to: judge something like that, have them follow traditional dance techniques, and have the couple be on par with the rest of the couples on the show.

Keith is correct that attraction and chemistry plays a large part in how the routine comes out and how the overall partnership works. But there are many homosexual dancers who have a partner of the opposite sex and have a ton of chemistry. If there isn't any obvious chemistry, they have to be a good actor.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
The truth is in all these serial shows (sopranos was no different) You have to have some setup episodes to lead into the action/ holyfuckthatjustblewmymind episodes. They spend the first part of the season resolving cliffhangers from the last season, have some more plot heavy episodes, have some excitement, then set up the cliffhangers for the next season finale.

it's just the way it's done.
Tell me when the mind-blowing shows happen. I bet I'll understand it all just fine.