Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is it wrong of a patron to cum in his pants during a lap dance?
Yes; it's wrong. 20 16.81%
No; that's the game. 99 83.19%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1455: The French Art of Sexual Love

"It's time to get your shit together."

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

John F O'Donnell best on the roast! Downloading now. sure it will be great.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

J F'OD is the best, my favorite guest by far. New EP was great, you could tell he was just scratching the surface with it. I hope he explores more heavily into his manic depression via stand-up comedy in the future.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
So that's the crazy factory...huh...
Old 09-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

The fact that Chris Brown and Michael Vick are black, is irrelevant to the resiliency of their carriers. Michael Vick served almost two years in prison then was on house arrest for another two months. Which is way more than any regular Joe would have gotten for the same crime. But, hey he was making millions then too, so fuck him right? Now he is starting a “new life” after prison. He has skills as a quarterback and people are willing to invest in him. If he leads his team to a super bowl its going to be because of his skills/talent that he posses independent of his past transgressions. He may not get many endorsement deals on the side, which is 100% understandable and up to each individual company to decide. But I get the feeling it doesn’t matter that he did his time, people want to see him broken and penny-less. Regardless of the fact that he has a talent worth millions. Hell the fact that what he can do is worth millions is more of a commentary on our country, than any other.

Chris Brown’s continued success has everything to do with his fan base, everyone that isn’t okay with what he did to Rihanna and feels that he shouldn’t have a career, most likely, wasn’t supporting his career in the first place. Most of Chris Brown’s fan base was horny teenage girls, and the rest are most likely even hornier middle age women. They were the ones buying the tickets and going to concerts and I’m willing to bet that in their head they were more excited over the fact that Chris Brown is now single, cause in their heads it means that they now have a shot at him.

Michael Richards’ rant happened long after Seinfeld had ended, what was he doing between the end of Seinfeld and the infamous rant, other than enjoying the millions he made acting on the award winning show (and who could blame him for that)? Lets speculate that even if he was chained to the role of Kramer and most casting people didn’t really want to touch him unless he was going to reprise the role. I’m willing to bet he had enough clout that networks would have still taken a chance on him… until his rant. The networks try to market to everyone and the fact that Michael Richards pissed off any part of a potential viewer base made him not worth the risk.

As for Mel Gibson I don’t think its over for him, but even if it was, it was after multiple fuck ups; like the now infamous “sugar tits incident.” after which he had at least two movies that were box office success’. Even now I'm sure he still has a fan base that he could sell to.

It has nothing to do with race, just don’t piss off your core fan base, or have a marketable talent. Look at Roman Polanski, drugging a kid and then raping her, served no time, never answered for his actions at all. And his career is excellent.

Last edited by invader; 09-01-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

It was funny to hear Keith giving JFOD some tough love today because after watching two thirds of the roast before going to bed last night, I woke up this morning with mean zingers going through my head. I didn't know how to say it but it makes it less hard when you find out JFOD puts out stuff that he himself doesn't even like! ?WTF? so here we go:

After last time he was on and said he had stand up for download I thought, great, I'll give Vol 4 a try and go back and pay for the other volumes if its any good. Instead I found an extremely poorly recorded bunch of.... stuff I didn't find funny. Even if it was funny, the recording was so bad I still wouldn't want it. This is not helping your career!

I think the pay what you want model is great. If stand ups would sell downloads of their albums for $5 and I'd try out a lot more of them. Comedy albums should be cheaper then music as you can't repeatedly listen to them as much. (oooh controversial?)

Chemda's 52 cent donation was probably from someone overseas who donated 50c and the exchange rate bumped it up. Like the awesome Aussie dollar that is worth more then the pitiful $US
Old 09-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

When JFoD is on point he's brilliant but when he's dancing around the existential thought train trying to get a joke to hit he can be tedious to listen to.

As far as the quality of the Ep's and videos I think he'd do alot better with some McNally consultation. Some of his stuff is good but it has a large feeling of fishing for punchlines not helped by recording issues here and there. However in saying that I did like his Ep's and will get the album and his newer stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyReference View Post
I think the pay what you want model is great. If stand ups would sell downloads of their albums for $5 and I'd try out a lot more of them. Comedy albums should be cheaper then music as you can't repeatedly listen to them as much. (oooh controversial?)
I don't know man, by that logic every katg episode could be $5 as well.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 09-02-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

hey I'm surprised KATG give away so much for free. If I was them I'd bundle the first 800 podcasts into groups of 100 and charge $5 for each pack.

These days a lot of musicians/ comedians don't make money from album sales so why not make it cheap. You get the product in peoples hands so they'll pay to see you live.

For example - I'm 36 now and growing up in Australia, cd's used to cost $30 and tickets to see a big international band would be $50. Now cd's are about $18 but you'll pay at least $100 to see a band live and once they've got you in the door they'll sell you merch as well. Ask Krusty, the T-shirts are the sweetest slice of the pie
Old 09-02-2011, 05:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

Did anyone else who downloaded the show notice it jumped and missed some stuff around the 13 minute mark?
Old 09-02-2011, 06:42 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Look at Roman Polanski, drugging a kid and then raping her, served no time, never answered for his actions at all. And his career is excellent.

He's the first one I thought of. Also Woody Allen. I know it's popular to give him a pass now because he's still with the child that he married, however the fact remains that she was ten years old when he started dating her mom, he had three children with her mom, and then he hooks up with her. Still nasty.