Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is not taking your tent home an irresponsible waste of money?
Yes. What are you, Rockefeller? 44 73.33%
No. That’s vacation money anyway. 16 26.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

So with the sperm donation thing...yes, people can have 10 kids (Chemda's idea of only donating sperm 10 times) but you KNOW those 10 kids, they aren't randoms you can meet someday.

What if you could only donate sperm once and you got a shit ton of money from it. And if the mom wanted to have more kids, THEN you could donate to that particular woman again.

Though, in thinking more about it, I guess this is the same risk as any guy being a baby daddy to a ton of children. I wonder if we have to go back to needing a blood test to get married? Kind of like people do STD tests before they start sleeping with someone...now we do a "are you related" blood test.

Kinda takes the fun out of the idea of a one night stand, eh? You don't want to be messing with your half sister.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
Keith usually does the more controversial stuff and Chemda calls him out on it. In general, of course. There are episodes where it's the opposite or they both call each other out. It makes the show better when they both speak honestly and not just agree for the sake of agreeing, imo.
Yes, this! when I listened to the JFOD episode the other day that sort of loving and exasperated shove in the right direction seemed to be what they were doing for him and it sort of made me wish they'd take him on full time. It's what good parenting looks like.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:19 AM   #23 (permalink)

Kick Down Keith

As someone who camps often, I was instantly thinking: who the fuck 'throws away a tent?' Hearing that it was $60 bucks though, makes me laugh. It sounds like it was a total piece of shit.
Good gear is pricy. Even a $300 tent will allow moisture in and really...you need a tarp - no matter what.
I've found a ton of camp gear in the woods and always put it to use/ found it a home.
I think it's a better use to leave 're-usable' things out where ppl can get to them, IE: hang tent over branch to dry w/ poles in neat pile, etc.
Keith 'kicked it down' to less fortunate people. He did the right thing.
The guy who said "animals eat gear and die" is fucking retarded. I sincerely hope he doesn't go into the woods...
Old 09-08-2011, 02:32 AM   #24 (permalink)

i heart Patrice

Hooray for the return of Patrice - it seems like she hasn't been on show in awhile.
I love her voice. How come we never get to hear about her 'love life?' Very private this gal.
The camp pics look awesome. Has there ever been a KatG Camp-out?
Old 09-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Maybe I'm wrong (when starting a sentence this way you are usually wrong lol) but it didn't seem like Keith was 'leaving the tent for someone that could get more use out of it then he could' rather it was garbage. If that was the case then, then I don't get it, you are just littering.

But at the same time, who goes camping thinking "I hope someone left a tent in the camp site because I was just planning on sleeping on the ground."
Old 09-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Maybe I'm wrong (when starting a sentence this way you are usually wrong lol) but it didn't seem like Keith was 'leaving the tent for someone that could get more use out of it then he could' rather it was garbage. If that was the case then, then I don't get it, you are just littering.

But at the same time, who goes camping thinking "I hope someone left a tent in the camp site because I was just planning on sleeping on the ground."
Old 09-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Remember in the roast where Jesse rips on Keith saying he can't believe Keith was ever in the army considering how disorganized he is?

The tent-leaving thing is another "I can't believe this guy was trained in the great US Military" deal. I mean, I inherently respect anyone who serves their country or community but I sometimes listening to Keith I can't help wondering what the fuck the US Army is teaching its soldiers. He was still getting lost in New York after living there for seven years!!!

As if foreign policy doesn't already fuck them enough we got Private Malley acting like some kind of perverse, real-life version of Beetle Bailey over here.

LEAVE NO TENT BEHIND! That's the motto, right?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I don't carry a map and a compass.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #29 (permalink)

My favorite part of this show was when Chemda let Keith have it. I got a big kick out of it, mainly because it almost never happened quite like that in the early days. Seems like Chemda now feels more free to give Keith a hard time about certain things than she did in the past. Before there was more of a tendency to defend him.

It's more proof that the breakup may have actually *helped* the show!

That's my .02 any way...
Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #30 (permalink)

Where the fuck do you get a tent for $60 anyway?