Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you bored when you're not drinking?
Yes 27 25.23%
No 80 74.77%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

To leave my 2 cents about the prayer;

I think it's a bigger deal to leave it out for the new people listening, than to keep it in for the people who've grown accustomed to it. The quality of the show is not measured by the traditions it has built over the years, but the content, talks and jokes Keith and Chemda keep bringing to their microphones.

The people listening now won't stop listening to the show because of the prayer not being the opening (they didn't even stop listening when the 'perfect' couple broke up for Christ sake), but Chemda and Keith will always risk losing listeners due to this tradition. From a business perspective; I'm happy they've always kept a balance between what's right for the show and what's right for the listeners. This is no exception.

If you're sad about the prayer disappearing, by all means, be sad. Years from now you'll be at a KATG event bragging to other fans that you've been listening since way back when they were still doing the prayer. They'll look at you and say "WHAT?! Really?" and you'll answer; "Yes, you should listen to the old shows, they're great. Just sign up for KATG VIP. You won't regret it, I promise."

Last edited by -=AJ=-; 09-29-2011 at 02:45 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

Prayer, schmayer. I started listening back when they were still fuckin'.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
PS: the percentages in the poll are a lie.
Typically am I bored without drinking? No. If I had to be at bars or clubs alot without drinking though, then yes.

Keith just needs to fill his time with other things while Cat is gone.
Maybe hit the gym for longer periods of time, since you don't have any incentive to get home quickly, added benefit of showing off for your girl when she comes back.

Any new video games you're interested in? The girl I've been seeing is leaving next week, the same day that Dark Souls comes out, which I've been jonesing for, first weekend I'll have to myself in awhile, here comes 20 hours of sitting on the couch killing demons. From what I can tell it's not Keith's type of game, but I think he'll need to branch out from first-person shooters and Mortal Kombat, since those are built to be the most fun when playing online, which Keith seems to (and I certainly) dislike.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

meh. i just find weird that so many people are denying to be drinking out of boredome, since its one of the main reasons for alcoholism. just guessing that this one is a "of course i can handle it" thing.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
meh. i just find weird that so many people are denying to be drinking out of boredome, since its one of the main reasons for alcoholism. just guessing that this one is a "of course i can handle it" thing.
But being bored isn't a fact independent of the person's perception. If they don't think they're bored, then they aren't. You can't come at this in your usual objective manner.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

faur. i just remember not noticing that i was drinking because being sober was a snooze fest, cause that was the norm.

stil, i find the numbers way polarized.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'll be 21 tomorrow and I might be an occasional drinker or I might be drunk for the next 3 years. I don't think I'll ever choose alcohol over pot though. I'm positive I will never be straight edge. Just typing "straight edge" makes my thumb itch on the spot it strikes my lighter.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah, only drinkers do all said things and still get drunk without any problem.

man, i aint drinking these days, but no offence, the judgemental side of straight edge and rhab people is grating as a nail in the fucking head. you guys might not have an addiction but youre definitely all addictedf to your own sense of righteousness.
If you think posting I like my life just fine without alcohol in it is judgmental, that's OK.

Last edited by Alekseyev; 09-29-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Why do guys hit on women wearing wedding rings? Maybe it is the challenge.
Now this is a bit prejudiced.

Isn't the stereotype that guys with wedding rings get hit on by women more?

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 09-29-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

I don't find myself more bored when not drinking, but I certainly am an extremely boring drunk. I don't engage in conversation, only move under duress and fall asleep shortly thereafter. I think that people who find themselves bored a lot are probably not thinking hard enough. This is what I tell myself when I'm bored, and it always works to get me into a better head. If something is boring than I'm not doing it right.