Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you bored when you're not drinking?
Yes 27 25.23%
No 80 74.77%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2011, 04:02 AM   #31 (permalink)

And from Wikipedia for Keith:
Quote:
Certain chemical substances, mainly stimulants but also certain depressants, can either contribute pharmacologically to a constellation of provocations, and thus trigger a panic attack or even a panic disorder, or directly induce one. This includes caffeine, amphetamine, alcohol and many more.

Last edited by Namdnal Siroj; 09-30-2011 at 04:10 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:55 AM   #32 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

That's hyperventilation syndrome, which can trigger panic attacks. Being chased by a rabid warthog can trigger symptoms too. Doesn't mean dick. Panic disorder is defined by experiencing fight/flight symptoms in absence of external stimulus.

Last edited by panicBoy; 09-30-2011 at 04:59 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:39 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicBoy View Post
That's hyperventilation syndrome, which can trigger panic attacks. Being chased by a rabid warthog can trigger symptoms too. Doesn't mean dick. Panic disorder is defined by experiencing fight/flight symptoms in absence of external stimulus.
My point was not to prove that oxygen levels are the cause of panic attacks.

Keith and Chemda were both experiencing things that I associate with my own hyperventilation experiences.
Chemda was having chest pains, and was scared that she might give herself a heart attack. Keith was concerned about his breathing after drinking too much.

I wanted to let them know that there may be a specific, physical cause, not just blanket "stress".
That this physical aspect is less scary than its effects.
That many people in our age group have had experiences like this.

When I first hyperventilated, my serioso called an ambulance, because my speech and understanding were disturbed so much he thought I was having a brain hemorrhage.
If someone had explained better, I might have been less scared, and might have been able to solve the problem sooner then I did.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Medium Brumski? Please... I've never seen a bigger mess.
Why I atta!!
Old 09-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #35 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namdnal Siroj View Post
My point was not to prove that oxygen levels are the cause of panic attacks.

Keith and Chemda were both experiencing things that I associate with my own hyperventilation experiences.
Chemda was having chest pains, and was scared that she might give herself a heart attack. Keith was concerned about his breathing after drinking too much.

I wanted to let them know that there may be a specific, physical cause, not just blanket "stress".
That this physical aspect is less scary than its effects.
That many people in our age group have had experiences like this.

When I first hyperventilated, my serioso called an ambulance, because my speech and understanding were disturbed so much he thought I was having a brain hemorrhage.
If someone had explained better, I might have been less scared, and might have been able to solve the problem sooner then I did.
My bad, but that's how I took it. It's like a chicken/egg argument. Felt like someone was telling me that the reason I've been trying a babilloon different meds and square dancing with therapists for a dozen years was that I just wasn't breeving correctly.

I've been in a couple ambulances and had at least a half dozen trips to the ER, and a few blood panels and stress tests and ultrasounds. It's the worst feeling in the world. You are convinced that these are your last moments on Earth, no fucking joke.

"Despair's an octopus with its head in New Hampshire, and tentacles everywhere." - Mishka Shubaly

Last edited by panicBoy; 09-30-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #36 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I totally get Chemda's desire to promote Peyton. I do that all the time. I find someone I love and they don't have motivation or their head around what it takes to "make it" and before I know it I'm spewing out idea after idea and then their eyes get big and think I'm a nut. But, hell, I've used most of my marketing ideas for my own business and they have succeeded, and I don't understand anyone that is in the arts that doesn't have motivation. You need money to make a living, you don't want to sell out, but you have to sell yourself somehow, so go get a website and start networking. It isn't that hard! Lets go!

One of my main examples is my sister. She is a fantastic painter (The Artwork of Stephanie Guidera) and I had to PUSH and NAG her to get a website. She graduated with a degree in fine art painting and they didn't teach her she needs a website and to go show her work to galleries and meet people and network? Come ON! So now I promote her as much as I can. It just seems to be that most people in the artistic field do not also have the genes that make them go getters. Not sure why that is...
Old 10-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #37 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Isn't the definition of alcoholism, "bored when not drinking?"

Okay, not literally, but pretty close!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #38 (permalink)

Just listening now and I feel the same way heart-wise after drinking which is why I barely drink more than one beer anymore. Add to that the feeling of panic all the time and that breathing is always a manual task. I stop breathing constantly. Hate it.