Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will 'Occupy Wall Street' affect real change?
Yes 31 22.63%
No 106 77.37%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1471: Ted's American Dream?

"I think it would've been better if I was passed out."

Ted Alexandro — Just another WordPress site

Tom McCaffrey | Facebook

Last edited by Keith; 10-03-2011 at 06:47 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Forget about my rantings. You tell 'em George. Fuck ya!

Old 10-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

I feel like this protest wont do anything. There is no end point and everyone is protesting for different reasons. If you want to have a drum circle and sing Kumbaya do it in your backyard where you can a least have a bonfire.

Oh and thanks for reading my letter on air, and thanks Ted for the clap on my tit size, and yes I do open all my letters with my bra size. If you had 32 DD you would too.

Last edited by Steampunk_Heiress; 10-03-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

the web player only loads the first 15 min of the show...Wow so now I'm assuming if we don't catch the show live, we only get a 15 min preview of the show, and the rest of the show is in the vip...shitty deal, whats next, were gonna have to buy a vip membership just to go on the website...

*Edit, nvm the web player just messed up, can't say I wouldn't of been surprised if what I originally posted happened in the future, squeeze every penny! squeeze every penny! *

I agree ya's gotta make money by any means, and I know sponsors in every show isn't enough, the dozens of products you guys sell aren't enough, The events, live shows, an Bingo aren't enough, and donations, and reoccurring donations aren't enough, so now I guess its time they start charging for the very thing that made them, there show. There's only a couple problems I see this. Loyal fans who have been listening for years and years, and who supported ya's when they had a little bit of extra money by making purchases at the KATG store,or by once in a while they make a donation. Now if these members get in a rut, or cant afford VIP for a few months, they don't get Chema's show, the back catalogue, and all the rest of the episodes? Doesn't really sound fair...

What about new members, they get to listen to like 5 episodes, and then have to make a decision based on a couple episodes if they wanna purchase the rest of them, I personally am going to, but the majority of people aren't into pod casts, let alone buying them....

Last point, KATG used to use the point that they have over 1,000,000 unique downloads a month to entice sponsors, media kits, etc... Now there definetly won't be 1,000,000 d.l's a month...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another, unrelate rude point. Even Newsy was saying that KATG ripped off everyone who went on the labor day camping trip, by hugely overcharging them, and then keeping the profit. Newsy kept complaining that theres no way it should of cost a couple hundred dollars to sleep outside....

I had to remind this Cheap Gay guy that it probably included all the food, liquor, activities and etc... ..

Last edited by canuck_king; 10-04-2011 at 12:38 AM. Reason: truth needs to be told
Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck_king View Post
the web player only loads the first 15 min of the show...Wow so now I'm assuming if we don't catch the show live, we only get a 15 min preview of the show, and the rest of the show is in the vip...shitty deal, whats next, were gonna have to buy a vip membership just to go on the website...
My iTunes subscription is working fine. Calm down crazy pants.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
On a scale of 1 to a 100 how much of a douchbag do you think you are just curious. The reason you only can load the first 15 min is cause you didn't give enough time for it to buffer. I just streamed the show thru the web player no problem also even if you weren't being an asshole on purpose in the web player it saids get the show for free thru itunes/rss reader its not rocket science.

Also its not a shitty deal for the vip if you don't want to support keith and chemda who have provided countless hrs of entertainment you don't have to its a free country their are plenty of other podcasts out there just saying.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I was going to post about how the term "Equality" was used incorrectly twice during this show, but then I realized a few things.
  1. This is a comedy show.
  2. Discussing the finer points of the legal definition of equality is not comedy unless maybe you're Jesse Joyce.
  3. I've been arguing in another thread about personal income taxes for no apparent reason.

JUST BE MORE FUNNY!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

hey canuck. i know you probably posted that in order to obtain some sort of "i tell it like it is, and you're all sheep" status. which youre probably gonna get, since both the forums and keith have a hard time ignoring button pushers, but i am gonna pretend youre actually trying to make a point (haha people making points on a forums. right).

Keith and Chemda have to make a living with this show. It's a job, a source of income, a business. As much as i love them as people and personality, i think all those years where they connected so deeply with their audience has almost put them in a position where now they have to face a bunch of weirdos who accuse them of being "penny squeezers", when they simply try to make a living out of their product.

If you disapprove of their business choices, stop supporting them. but remember that EVERY succesful artists, who lives with their art, has to make money out of it at some point.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

Will this particular action make everything fine and dandy? no. of course not. that's ridiculous. It is not however pointless. It's a beginning. It doesn't matter we don't know where this is going or that there's no 12 step pre-packaged plan handy. We as Americans are being bent over and sucked dry quite openly by our own government then shrugging it off. We're in a lot of chaos already; standing up and demanding better will be a long massive chaotic struggle. Enough is enough and it is worth a little ridiculous chaos if it means we're looking up from our iphones and realizing nobody will fix this for us. It's OUR responsibility and it's about fucking time we owned it. Let's see if we give some fucks before they release another Call of Duty and throw us off our task.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

Quote:
I'm assuming if we don't catch the show live, we only get a 15 min preview of the show, and the rest of the show is in the vip
Check the regular feed. The latest ten shows are available to download in full.