Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Parents and "Tradition"
Keith's more right 61 71.76%
Chemda's more right 24 28.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree7Likes

Old 10-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #31 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Always pissin' on my sincerity...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
Listening to Chemda talking about her parents (and, to a lesser extent, Keith talking about his parents) just serves to remind me that as a parent of two young children (five and two) I have to be open to both of them establishing their own identity in the years to come. It's not my place to trample on their individuality nor prevent them from discovering who they are within themselves and I am comfortable with that. My role and my goal is to love them and accept them.

Both Lauren (through that blisteringly beautiful episode back in January) and Chemda have gifted me with that philosophy and I will always treasure it.
I've learned this lesson as well, and my husband and I take the raising of our children (5, 3.75 an 2.5) very seriously. We are dedicated to having a ton of fun with our children and spending a ton of time with them. We want them to have security and know they are loved. I feel like this firm foundation will help them know who they are and make better choices.

We have things that of course we'd rather they not do, but in the end, there isn't much we can do about that...so we want them to know they can always talk to us and ask for guidance and hopefully they'll make the right choices. Now, I'm not one of those parents that tells their kids, "if you and your friends are going to drink, do it under my roof" or any of that...we are balancing disipline (having to sit at the table for dinner, not talking back, etc) with good times.

When I hear Keith talk about his dad I get chills because mine was a lot like that as well (though not as much into the object lessons). I'm glad that I am now able to look back objectively at that childhood and learn the lessons of what not to do.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #33 (permalink)

Why does Chemda ramble so much? She talks herself into tangential issues that are irrelevant to her or Keith's original arguments. For example, at 12:46, Keith mentions DJ Quad's email on Steve Job's death, then Chemda brings up fans who try to emulate Keith's demeanor. How are these things related??? Yet during the same topic, at 14:20, she reads a random quote by Dan Hatch: "Maybe Steve Jobs will get Keith and Chemda back together" and she responds, "No, we couldn't hear each other. He broke us up!". What was the point of that entire conversation?

I only complain about this because I tend to catch myself zoning out during parts of the show and I realize that it happens when Chemda has a lot to say. I have to rewind some segments 2-3 times just to figure out what she's talking about-- and I still don't get it.

I do give her a lot of credit. She contributes meaningful information to every conversation. I usually agree with her perspective on issues as she is much more sensible than Keith. I just wish she would practice better word economy by making her arguments/opinions more concise.

Last edited by Huggie; 10-11-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:50 AM   #34 (permalink)

i am not sure what you mean, but if you want to hear Chemda's arguments and intelligence in a more contyrolled way, listen to the WMN show. she is pretty much incredible there.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
i am not sure what you mean, but if you want to hear Chemda's arguments and intelligence in a more contyrolled way, listen to the WMN show. she is pretty much incredible there.
I agree the best 15 bucks i spent all year for a vip membership luving the chemda
Old 10-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #36 (permalink)

Interesting to hear about more Nazi investigations being opened. My country was actually a German colony back in the day and I've recently learned of at least two families here with a grandparent who was a Nazi and fled after the war. The one person said they were positively terrified of their grandmother's cold personality and strict rules, when she told you to sit up straight at the dinner table and not slurp your soup, you did it. These and, I think, any remaining Nazi's who fled to here have since passed away though, so they managed to escape a trial. I always thought that if Hitler actually did survive his capture that this would have been the perfect place for him to go back then... home away from home.

Last edited by lizzy1e; 10-12-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #37 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
Why does Chemda ramble so much? She talks herself into tangential issues that are irrelevant to her or Keith's original arguments. For example, at 12:46, Keith mentions DJ Quad's email on Steve Job's death, then Chemda brings up fans who try to emulate Keith's demeanor. How are these things related??? Yet during the same topic, at 14:20, she reads a random quote by Dan Hatch: "Maybe Steve Jobs will get Keith and Chemda back together" and she responds, "No, we couldn't hear each other. He broke us up!". What was the point of that entire conversation?

I only complain about this because I tend to catch myself zoning out during parts of the show and I realize that it happens when Chemda has a lot to say. I have to rewind some segments 2-3 times just to figure out what she's talking about-- and I still don't get it.

I do give her a lot of credit. She contributes meaningful information to every conversation. I usually agree with her perspective on issues as she is much more sensible than Keith. I just wish she would practice better word economy by making her arguments/opinions more concise.
I diagnose you with ADD, ADHD, and probably some other attention-related disorder that I'm not aware of because I don't pay attention to the current medical literature. That said, 2 points:
  1. Weren't all Huggie-related forum names discredited in the 600-750 show range?
  2. I've listened to all but about 200 of the shows, and I am a hearing-related learner. I have yet to hear KATG bring up a topic during a show, go off on a tangent (this happens a lot), and then not return to the topic. In other words, I don't recall a show ending with me thinking that they left me hanging unless they specifically said wait for the next show.

Last edited by PsychoLoco; 10-12-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: I drank half a bottle of 5-year-old cognac, so my memory may be off and I expect heart palpitations in the morning.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:22 PM   #38 (permalink)

My cliff jumping story.

There was a cliff at Grand Lake in Oklahoma that everyone would jump off of. When I was a teen my uncles talked me into jumping. I was 6’2” 135#s. I had to borrow my uncle’s swim trunks. He was about the same height but a 100 #s heavier so the trunks weren’t even close to fitting correctly.

Pretty much my entire family was out in the boat cheering me on as I stood on a 40’ cliff. I jump in feet first. The legs of the trunks act as scoops which pulls the trunks up. I gave myself the worst wedgie ever. The netting of the trunks tore my taint. I had to swim back to the boat using my arms. When I got back to the cabin I pulled the trunks down and it looked like 2/3s of a tub of Neapolitan ice cream had melted in them.

To this day I don’t think my taint is fully right.
Keith and Bucho like this.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:47 PM   #39 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Not the pleasure center Bianca was mentioning after all...
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:52 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Not the pleasure center Bianca was mentioning after all...
Not when I’m scarred for life literally and figuratively.