Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Strip Clubs
Thumbs up 44 45.83%
Thumbs down 52 54.17%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
It was an easy one for me. And I'm not some nazi feminist, either. I wouldn't go into a male strip club or watch those horrible thunder from down under shows. I think it is all dirty, grease ball, fakeness.

And I've even been front row in a national fashion show with gorgeous men in their underwear...and...nothin'.

PS if you want pictures, give me your email and I'll send you a couple
As much as I love gorgeous men in all forms, I'll have to pass.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

I could have went on the poll either way... but in the end if you want to go have a drink and get some titties in your face, where else can you go and it only cost a buck?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

When can we get both BroLo and dad on the show? I'd love to hear both of them together. Sounds like that would be a lot of fun.

Last edited by thelastknowngod; 10-12-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:34 AM   #14 (permalink)

Can't vote, I've never been to a strip club. Went to a burlesque show in Las Vegas once, my buddy got tits wagged in his face. I did use to bang a stripper though, long-ish story.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I'm confused- the clubs that allow you to bring your own alcohol, how do they make money? EDIT: Ah ha, BroLo covers it! Higher cover, mixers. Interesting. I wouldn't have thought a strip club could get by without selling alcohol.

Last edited by ThePinkSuperhero; 10-13-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
on another subject: why do billionaires HAVE to give to charity or they're considered bad people? i understand the idea of not exploiting the workers (although i am not sure thats even possible in the modern age. if you wanna produce abit of eploityation is part of the deal) but whats the deal with charity. honestly, if i was rich, i wouldnt feel the obligation to give a dime. i am rich, others arent. boo fucking hoo.

If you want to look at it from a purely selfish perspective, the heartier your working class is, the more they can work for you, and the more money you can make. If they are sick, starving, and dying off...then yeah, I guess there's always a billion more of them lying around that you can use instead. But some people like to believe that we live in a society.

Also, while you hoard your billions, the economy suffers, because it's the working and middle classes who keep it going by spending everything they get....and buying your products....which makes you more money. It's a symbiotic relationship.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #17 (permalink)

Occupy Wallstreet

I don't really think of occupy Wallstreet as a protest. It's more like a movement... with the underlying theme that "Things are fucked up and they need to change." That's about the clearest message you can come away with from Occupy Wallstreet...
Truthfully the hodge-podge band of malcontents has it right... When I was young I always heard if you want to find out who is in charge follow the money. Where does the money lead you? Wallstreet

In a country where corporations are able to give an unlimited amount of money to fund campaigns/political parties etc... which politicians aren't beholden to money?

In a world were Greece, France, Italy are all on the verge of financial collapse due to financial malfeasance and the US is running towards a second great recession due in no small part to previous financial malpractices... maybe a movement against Wallstreet isn't that crazy.

The truth is the occupy wallstreet has great deal more attendees than a tea-party rally and a better message.

It's easy to dismiss demonstrators as lazy slackers, but a lot of people in the US are hurting... they can't get jobs, they are loosing their houses, politicians are failing them... maybe demonstration is a better use of their time than bitching about a situation that they can't change.

I completely agree with Keith about voting. It's useless, elections are largely determined by money... even if the election isn't you know chances are extremely good that your newly elected official is out their trying to make that lobby money. What does it matter that we have a republic, if our representatives are corporate shills.

What's better to sit back and watch the US spiral out of control. Or stand up and at least say fuck you to the people in charge of the capsizing boat... which one is more American?

Last edited by bikertom; 10-13-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

on another subject: why do billionaires HAVE to give to charity or they're considered bad people? i understand the idea of not exploiting the workers (although i am not sure thats even possible in the modern age. if you wanna produce abit of eploityation is part of the deal) but whats the deal with charity. honestly, if i was rich, i wouldnt feel the obligation to give a dime. i am rich, others arent. boo fucking hoo.

only judgement that could be done is not being a scumbag, and Jobs was, like everyoen else. he was a businessman.
I wrote this article back in April after taking a look at the whole issue of Foxconn and it's workers welfare. Yeah, Jobs was a visionary and Apple rules the world but, they made their money on the backs and lives of lowly paid Chinese workers who toil away in the most appalling conditions which can be best compared to a concentration camp.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

see, that is seemingly the norm when coporations are involved, but yet it should be stopped or at least be considered when so many people are posting stuff that says that jobs is "the greatest man of the last century" (note: i aint denying the ideas but those do not make for greatness. at least not on a martin luther king jr level of greatness).

...cue to some moron saying that jobs was better than MLK or jesus. kill yourself.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
see, that is seemingly the norm when coporations are involved, but yet it should be stopped or at least be considered when so many people are posting stuff that says that jobs is "the greatest man of the last century" (note: i aint denying the ideas but those do not make for greatness. at least not on a martin luther king jr level of greatness).

...cue to some moron saying that jobs was better than MLK or jesus. kill yourself.
The problem lies with the fact that if production of say an iPad 2 were moved to a country like America or even Australia where there is a minimum wage and/or an award system regulating the workplace, the device would have to retail somewhere in the vicinity of about 14 grand per unit. I heard that figure bandied about recently, though I can't remember where.

These fuckers are laughing all the way to the bank and we consumers lap the products up happily. Meanwhile, some gook, somewhere in China, is getting high off coltan fumes to the point where he or she thinks they can fly and thus attempt a standing start take off from the top of a 14 storey factory building going splat onto the pavement far below singing "I can sing a rainbow".

Yep - Jobs was a businessman alright.