Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1477: The Human Centipede 2 (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1477-human-centipede-2-a-16687/)

Keith 10-13-2011 06:38 PM

1477: The Human Centipede 2

"Ugh, the zillion-dollar question."

www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1577007221&ref=ts

www.revjen.com

Dean from Australia 10-13-2011 08:09 PM

Jesus - I'm still trying to get the taste of that first travesty out of my mouth.

punk'n 10-14-2011 12:06 AM

Well, I can't waste this golden opportunity....

https://www.smartypig.com/loves/4907...b-9520c1413b83

:o

thirteen 10-14-2011 09:45 AM

<rant>
Why does the act of protesting bother people so much? Keith goes on about it like he's afraid the protesters will look better than him, or he thinks they're all thinking that.

Wasn't it Keith and Chemda who once had a long discussion about the war in the middle-east and had an issue with the people who said they didn't believe in invading those countries? I recall you guys saying that if people don't want a country going to war, they should have another plan besides peace. That line of thinking bothers me. As if though wanting people to not invade other countries and most likely kill others for shady reasons is just too much. Or, I suppose in that case, it wasn't enough. And you're saying the same thing about people who try to take some action against larger bodies. I understand you want these protesters to have a plan for what they're doing, but it sounds like they need to work more cohesively, have an end result, and have demands. The thing is...some people there do know what they're doing. And you're diminishing their actions and beliefs.

My point is that events like this is the how other events and actions begin. By people speaking up. There's always the possibility that something can change. Maybe it'll take years...who knows. And if you don't have people saying anything about it, it appears as if though everyone is consenting to the actions of those "higher up". It's like saying "oh well, this world is shit and I should give up and not even try to gain some more control in my life". It's not completely wrong to believe this if you're not condescending about it all the time, but there is something strange about bleeding cynicism towards those who are affected by political decisions.
</rant>

Besides that, I enjoyed the show.

Fourbid 10-14-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirteen (Post 712802)
<rant>
Why does the act of protesting bother people so much? Keith goes on about it like he's afraid the protesters will look better than him, or he thinks they're all thinking that.

Wasn't it Keith and Chemda who once had a long discussion about the war in the middle-east and had an issue with the people who said they didn't believe in invading those countries? I recall you guys saying that if people don't want a country going to war, they should have another plan besides peace. That line of thinking bothers me. As if though wanting people to not invade other countries and most likely kill others for shady reasons is just too much. Or, I suppose in that case, it wasn't enough. And you're saying the same thing about people who try to take some action against larger bodies. I understand you want these protesters to have a plan for what they're doing, but it sounds like they need to work more cohesively, have an end result, and have demands. The thing is...some people there do know what they're doing. And you're diminishing their actions and beliefs.

My point is that events like this is the how other events and actions begin. By people speaking up. There's always the possibility that something can change. Maybe it'll take years...who knows. And if you don't have people saying anything about it, it appears as if though everyone is consenting to the actions of those "higher up". It's like saying "oh well, this world is shit and I should give up and not even try to gain some more control in my life". It's not completely wrong to believe this if you're not condescending about it all the time, but there is something strange about bleeding cynicism towards those who are affected by political decisions.
</rant>

You're silly.

stellathegreat 10-14-2011 10:30 AM

That question that "what's better then chicken" isn't a safety question. It came up when I was signing up as well.

s1lentslayer 10-14-2011 10:32 AM

Occupy Wall Street's a lot like Fight Club. The first rule of OWS is don't talk about the demands of OWS.

Junkenstein 10-14-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirteen (Post 712802)
<rant>

if he addresses your point on air hell probably say that most protesters have "holier than thou" attitude, which isnt completely off the mark.
that said i think he's simply trying to see things from the non-coventional point of view and push the point to create discussion.

Of course there are possibly protesters who know their points well, but since this is a show, its mnore interesting and thought provoking if the focus is on the other side.

dont you think the whole thing would sound remarkably boring and lame if they went on to "yeah, im sure the protest has its reasons. we dont really want to sound negative. its always nice to see people trying to change the world and positivity is nice".

i mean. yawners.

Blitzgal 10-14-2011 11:21 AM

I was listening to Chemda talk about her call with Time Warner as I surfed the web and found this story reported on the Consumerist:

TWC Supervisor Told CSR To Stop Giving CPR And Get Back To Work, Employees Allege - The Consumerist

Quote:

After local news began investigating the death of a Time Warner Cable customer service rep, they made a shocking discovery. According to several sources at the scene, after the woman slumped at her desk, a co-worker began administering CPR, but was told to stop and get back to the phones by a supervisor.

faceboy 10-14-2011 11:38 AM

Apologies if this an oversimplification of such a large issue. When voices rise to criticize the actions or inactions of their Government and positive change results, this is clearly a good thing. When a popular podcast host criticizes the actions or inactions of a protest group and it leads to positive change, this should also be a clearly good thing. When said criticism is done in a way that also brings laughter to those who listen this is also clearly a good thing for it has been proven that laughter increases both mental an physical health. Our world can be pretty fucking sick yet there is such beauty in it.
I believe that all people are innately good and they do evil things because they are hurting. Therefore the greatest good comes from healing ourselves and others.