Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Peace in The Middle East
They'll find it 18 16.98%
They'll never find it 88 83.02%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1481: Change

"Now you can fuck my mom."

Christian Finnegan
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have been banking with a credit union for over 5 years now and I LOVE it!

They're great. I started using them when I went to college and have continued being their customer. They don't have stupid fees or limits like other banks do.

I briefly used a major US bank in addition to the credit union for a year and I hated it. I got a fee for having less than $20 in my account, a fee every three months if I didn't have over $200 in my savings account, an overdraft fee, which was then doubled every day I didn't bring my account balance to over $20, it was ridiculous.

Sure, there aren't ATMs everywhere with the credit union but if I'm going to need cash (which is rarely if ever, I usually use debit card for everything) I get cash back when I'm at the grocery store or Target. The only inconvenience is if someone pays me with a check (maybe twice a year). I get my paychecks direct deposited.

Now some banks are even charging for you to be able to speak with a teller or to use your debit card, it's getting to be too much. I highly recommend small banks and credit unions.

On the iPhone factory suicides: to be fair to Apple, Cornell University had suicide nets and fences put up around its campus after a string of suicides a few years ago. Does that mean the government should shut the school down or parents should stop sending the kids to the school? In reality there were a few highly publicized suicides where kids killed themselves in a drastic way (jumping off bridges into gorges) and the suicides were on par with the national average. There have also been a few students who have jumped off the library of NYU. Do they get rid of the library?

I'm not condoning what Apple is doing, but when every major manufacturer is doing the same thing and it takes a miracle to pass anything though congress nowadays, how do we change this? To not purchase anything made in these conditions would be to be separate from all technology, the majority of textiles, goods, even food. To completely separate from goods made this way is to most likely live in the woods or on a commune, an option the majority of Americans are unwilling to do.

It's good that we are aware of how our products are made, but we need to come up with some solutions on how to change the entire capitalist industry before we can blame one company over another.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Don't hate the player; hate the game?
Old 10-21-2011, 01:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

I was just listening on my ride home from work and tried to predict the poll tonight. Much to my dismay, it was not about food addiction. I was so much more prepared for that poll...
Old 10-21-2011, 03:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

This SoundHound app is great. It can even identify tracks from Keith's CDs. Thanks for telling us about it.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

So youre saying I cant fuck your mom?
Old 10-21-2011, 04:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

How, as a professional comedian, can Christian Finnegan possibly have no sense of humor?
Old 10-21-2011, 05:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

there will never be peace in the middle east. and im not saying this out of some attempt at being an ass or pushing buttons.

i realized this when i heard the interviews made with politcians, activcists or even average people on the BBD newshour coverage of the Gillaad case. it might've been a coincidence, or biased, i dont know. and i possibly do not understand the mentality of people who live there or what theyve gone through.

But they do not want peace. they want each their own demands to be met and none of the two has any interest in compromise.

also the whole thing has been going on fgor so long that i have the impression that the mentality of the extremists has trickled into the heads of average people too. They arent interested in peace, they will keep fighting until the other part surrenders or is wiped out.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

as a side note: why were americans so criticized when they celebrated Bin Laden's death but these people chant for "triumph and rebellion", while discharging guns in the air and no one seems to be bothered by that?

just saying, im in favour of both celebrations, just curious on where the "you dont celebrate a person's deth are right now"
Old 10-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Because a different culture is "their way." No way that can be wrong. We're civilized. That doesn't mean they're animals though...