Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who is Tara Reid?
Yes 35 28.69%
No 87 71.31%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1483: Battlefield

"I looked at the first guy, and I go, 'I will burn this whole fuckin' place down.'"

Under Construction

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Gamestop employees are allowed to take a new game off the shelf, take it home, play it then bring the game back and sell the opened packaged as a new game. The potential purchaser gets a used game that they know the employees has had their grubby little paws on with a take it or leave it, shrug. Not to mention they are notorious for giving customers hassle. The company on the whole is well known for sticking it to the employees for not "hassling" (pushing customers to reserve games and giving customers a hard time if they ever try to cancel reservations) the customers. In fact your job is unofficially dependent on how many pre-orders you are able to obtain. Which kind of explains why they are such dicks, although it doesn't really excuse it. I never shop there if it can be avoided. With all that said Gamestop continuously post quarterly profits in the hundred-millions, but that's mainly because of all the price gouging that they do when it comes to buying and selling used games.

On the topic of picking up a game at midnight, its not about the pizza. Most of the midnight releases I have ever been to was mainly because I've been following the development of the game for more than a year and at that point I'm just very excited to play the game. I've also never seen less than 50 people at any midnight release I've been to. For such a high profile game like battlefield I'm willing to bet that there was at least 100 people waiting on line at midnight to get the game.
/nerd rant.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Chemda pretty much summed up why I go to the occasional midnight release. The social aspect is the main motivation, but it's something that in order to go to you have to admit to yourself that you're doing something inherently uncool. Especially when you get there and the event is so poorly conceived that you have to wonder if this is really just Gamestop's attempt to troll their customers.

Making fun of the event is usually material to write about for my creative writing class so it's not a total waste of time I guess, but I don't know why anyone else is there.

I'm going to try Amazon out for a bit since I keep hearing about all these price cuts and free giftcards and all that they've been doing for recent releases and I don't really need a game at midnight.

Last edited by C3PO1Fan; 10-26-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Frankly, video game stores are one of the reasons why I stopped playing console games. I know these things and they still try to act like they know more than me. Getting a game without hassle is a miracle. Also, computer games are so much cheaper and Steam has like 80% off sales.

EDIT: Also better looking and moddable. Playing shooters is so frustrating on a controller, as well.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
mkl

Just to chime in on the fake voting, I can say that "sovereign curtis" is a real person, that I have seen IRL. I have not talked to them on this forum, but if renegade made up a fake name, she picked a real guy who is known by "sovereign curtis" IRL that is associated with NH and the free state project.

I wonder if this is the case of a large number of people in the same geographical area getting the same IP address via NAT (which happens) . Perhaps a NH library, or a NH ISP that uses a single external IP address and NAT internally. I see from the list of people who are voting for her some free state symbols (porcupine). If there is a ISP that is small enough, they could use a very small pool of external ips so that everyone from that ISP would appear to be on the same IP.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

What if she is a dude and she stealing pictures. dun dun duuunnnnn
Old 10-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The drama, do we like it or want to strangle ppl like this Curtis shit disturbing douche....new poll perhaps?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

Intro to a Horrible Suggestion #54

I'm finally warming up to the 'No Prayer' intro. As a very confused ex-Christian turned atheist and now considering joining the new Jewish Synagogue in town; I miss that prayer.
That being said, I do like the new replacement: Keith's clever 'caught in the middle of saying something horrendous' intro. It's funny and new listeners will dig it.
Here's a thought: how about Keith blurts out his line, THEN Chemda cuts in, (w/ a scolding-ish tone) "Keith, the mics are ON!) THEN Keith changes his tone and says the usual: "Welcome to the Keith and the Girl Show..."
I say this because then it includes Chemda, the Girl, and clues new listeners into the idea of: Keith, the Girl, ...comedy.
Feel free to shit upon this marvelous idea.
Also, I love shows w/ Patrice as opposed to the shows w/ out Patrice. For obvious Patrice related reasons.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

My local gaming stores tend to push the store card.

that or you get the line.
"hay did you no that such and such a game is coming out soon? it'll be really good, you know you can preorder it with us and pick it up at our midnight opening."
I wouldn't mind so much except you get the exact same line every time you go in there no matter what games coming out or weather you look like you give a shit.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

See, hot girls get sympathy no matter what wrong they do.