Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Where do you fit in?
99% 93 76.86%
1% 28 23.14%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

We Are The 53%
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtballard View Post
So many people on that site write about how hard they've had to work just to scrape by. They don't seem to understand that that's the problem. If you have the work ethic or workaholism to work 70 hours a week then you should be nothing short of well-off.

Besides, the 53% thing misses the points of getting money out of politics and holding corporations responsible for their malfeasance. I should hope that we can all agree that the ideal country is one where we work together to get ahead, not one where we try and fuck each other over and see who ends up on top and who ends up on the street.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i still remember the whole katg discovery story (i wrote the first email) and yeah, the conjure one happening was a blessing. couldnt believe when i found chemda was the girl voice, i ADORED her voice on those albums. i still listen to the self titled reguarly
Old 11-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

Hey, my post got read on the show! It seems that since keith stopped naming names, he's read stuff I wrote at least as many times as when he was naming names. At least I know I'm awesome inside.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda, you don't always have to say you're not one of those feminists every time you stick up for women, haha
Old 11-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I had that happen to me in a movie theater just last weekend. A girl was talking on her phone, she was considerate enough to have gotten out of her seat to do it and had gone down the exit hall, but was so loud, everyone could still hear her and was shushing her as if she was still in the theater and could hear them. I got up and went down the hall to tell her everyone could hear her, giving her the benefit of the doubt that she just didn't know, not that she didn't care, and she just kept saying, "Yeah, yeah, just a second." When I said, "No, not just a second, go outside" she made that annoyed noise and said, "You're an idiot." I would have liked her to expound on why she thought that, but I had to be satisfied with her going out the door. I didn't consider until listening to this show that she just didn't want to do what someone was telling her to do.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #17 (permalink)

Creepy.
I havent listened to KATG in a long while and when I do, I have my last posted forums comment from 2 years ago read by Keith (Chemda with stickers on the subway).
Old 11-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
"Let me out, or I'm gonna open this raft."
in reference to the standup at the end...

Keith, there are totally places where you can walk from building to building without going outside...downtown Minneapolis and St Paul. They are called skyways and you can walk pretty much everywhere without going outside. I've been hoping KATG would come to Minnesota...maybe now you will!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
in reference to the standup at the end...

Keith, there are totally places where you can walk from building to building without going outside...downtown Minneapolis and St Paul. They are called skyways and you can walk pretty much everywhere without going outside. I've been hoping KATG would come to Minnesota...maybe now you will!
Skyways or not, it's still Minnesota.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:15 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtballard View Post

Ah, yes, the douche Erik Erickson who counts each of his part-time punditry positions as separate jobs and whines about how expensive his two houses are. Fuck that guy.

Also, this conservative "half of Americans don't pay any taxes" meme is utter bullshit. First of all, it's federal income taxes that we're specifically talking about, not all taxes. There are other taxes that these people do pay, including payroll taxes and Social Security taxes. Secondly, we're talking about 2009 income tax payments. We're in the midst of a recession and the rate of people who make too little to pay federal income taxes went up dramatically. In earlier years the rate was in the low thirty percentile. Of course instead of being outraged that the number of impoverished people in this country has ballooned dramatically, these assholes have the nerve to talk about how lazy everyone is.

And finally, these motherfuckers know that there is a world of difference between a family with a household income of less than $20K paying no federal income taxes and a corporation with millions in profits using loopholes to pay no taxes. And many industries get federal subsidies on top of that, so not only are they paying almost nothing in taxes, but they are being handed millions of our tax dollars.

http://jonathanturley.org/2011/07/29...pay-any-taxes/

Quote:
A report from the Tax Policy Center examines the facts. Here’s an overview:

23% pay nothing because they’re poor. For example, a couple with two children earning less than $26,400 will pay no federal income tax this year because their $11,600 standard deduction and four exemptions of $3,700 each reduce their taxable income to zero.

10% are elderly and pay nothing because their Social Security benefits are exempt from federal income taxes.

7% pay nothing thanks to provisions in the tax code designed to benefit low-income families: the earned income tax credit, the child credit, and the childcare credit account.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 11-03-2011 at 08:37 AM.