Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is The Machine too big to change?
Yes 56 49.56%
No 57 50.44%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1487: Hate The Game

"I know you're very upset because I hurt your feelings, but..."

Comedian Joe DeRosa

Jared Logan | Stand Up Comedian
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent". - Thomas Jefferson

How FUCKED UP would the world be if more people thought like Keith Malley and Joe DeRosa?

Yet, I understand their mindset. When a situation is so overwhelmingly fucked up it seems easy to just assume that nothing can be done to change it. Keith's pessimistic attitude may be related to him being an Atheist. Not because he doesn't believe in God, but because he doesn't have FAITH. He doesn't know how to believe in a positive outcome in the face of so many obstacles. Faith is what helped Black people survive slavery and end segregation. It's what inspired Gandhi to lead a peaceful resistance against British colonialism, and It's what motivated Nelson Mandela to lead a nation against Apartheid. The most seemingly impossible movements in history have accomplished their goals through faith.

I think Jared Logan was the smartest person in that room.

Last edited by Huggie; 11-03-2011 at 09:48 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent". - Thomas Jefferson
"Get out of my life, freak." - Keith Malley
Old 11-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've always enjoyed listening to KATG not only for the laughs but also because I sincerely enjoy being angry. I think this episode is going to be mighty enjoyable.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

So happy the second I heard Joe Derosa's voice. When listening to the backlogs his one of my favorite guests.

omfg why does everyone think Cosby is so great? Just listened to the WTF podcast and Chris Rock and Marc went on about it, and my teacher forced us to watch his stand up specials when I was in school and I thought it was so damn boring

Sucks about Micheal's friend ;_; but if I had six kids I don't think I'd have time to get on a treadmill
Old 11-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

He was a great guy. The whole thing feels confusing, and I'll miss him.

Ironically, I'm going to order food. Here's a lobster roll in your honor, John. Obviously you were loved, and that's all we can all hope for.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Also, Bleah at online lists that do the 5 results per page Yahoo does that shit all the time

So here is the top 10, and bring it up because yeah Keith is right most of these lists are bullshit and always put the "classics" at the top, but Patton Oswalt being #5 is pretty chill, not just because I love that album, but pretty high number for someone who's album is actually relevant

1. Bill Cosby - To Russell, My Brother, Whom I Slept With (1968)

2. Richard Pryor - Live on the Sunset Strip

3. Eddy Murphy - Comedian (1983)

4. George Carlin - Class Clown (1972)

5. Patton Oswalt - Werewolves And Lollipops (2007)

6. Bob Newhart - The Button-Down Mind Of Bob Newhart (1960)

7. Steve Martin - Let’s Get Small (1977)

8. Lenny Bruce - The Carnegie Hall Concert (1961)

9. Albert Brooks - Comedy Minus One (1973)

10. Woody Allen - Standup Comic (1968)
Old 11-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

Jared Logan was hilarious. Joe Derosa sounds like a fucking moron.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

up until I was 13 I found Bill Cosby hilarious - my parents had a few of his albums, I rented some of his videos and thought they were great. Tried listening again in my 20's and didn't laugh once. Marc Maron and Chris Rock did make me want to check out "Himself" again so it was weird to here today's guests mention them as well.

Keith always says that you should disclose things before you state your opinion - "like I was high at the time I watched the movie". Maybe we should have heard "I lost faith in everything I was raised to believe in" before all the cynical (if probably true) comments on changing the world?

Great show.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggie View Post

How FUCKED UP would the world be if more people thought like Keith Malley and Joe DeRosa?

Yet, I understand their mindset. When a situation is so overwhelmingly fucked up it seems easy to just assume that nothing can be done to change it. Keith's pessimistic attitude may be related to him being an Atheist. Not because he doesn't believe in God, but because he doesn't have FAITH. He doesn't know how to believe in a positive outcome in the face of so many obstacles. Faith is what helped Black people survive slavery and end segregation. It's what inspired Gandhi to lead a peaceful resistance against British colonialism, and It's what motivated Nelson Mandela to lead a nation against Apartheid. The most seemingly impossible movements in history have accomplished their goals through faith.

I think Jared Logan was the smartest person in that room.
And I'm sure the people they were fighting against had faith that they were the ones who were right. Keith has faith that most people are selfish assholes, hence the pessimism.