Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is The Machine too big to change?
Yes 56 49.56%
No 57 50.44%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2011, 02:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent". - Thomas Jefferson

How FUCKED UP would the world be if more people thought like Keith Malley and Joe DeRosa?

Yet, I understand their mindset. When a situation is so overwhelmingly fucked up it seems easy to just assume that nothing can be done to change it. Keith's pessimistic attitude may be related to him being an Atheist. Not because he doesn't believe in God, but because he doesn't have FAITH. He doesn't know how to believe in a positive outcome in the face of so many obstacles. Faith is what helped Black people survive slavery and end segregation. It's what inspired Gandhi to lead a peaceful resistance against British colonialism, and It's what motivated Nelson Mandela to lead a nation against Apartheid. The most seemingly impossible movements in history have accomplished their goals through faith.

I think Jared Logan was the smartest person in that room.
Now, I'm perfectly moral and a good human being, but I doubt that people who have the power to directly change things would change them when they benefit heavily from things the way they are now. If you really think that most (or any, really) people will choose to make things worse for themselves, there's something wrong with you. If I had money and power, why would I get rid of that when all that will happen to me if I don't is that a bunch of hipsters are standing in a park? If you're gonna do something, do something. What did you personally do to stop corruption in the government?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #12 (permalink)

You know, Oprah Whinfrey during the last election, in support of Obama said in the final polling hours "even if you are a crack head, you should go vote. Even if you don't know the candidates or what they stand for go vote"
I am taking myself down to the watering hole to kill myself and the horse.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

Tried to find the actual "crackheads go vote" quote that you claim Oprah said. I did find this video in which she's being interviewed (I think by Rachel Maddow) immediately after voting the night of the election. She says that her polling place was across the street from a drug rehab center and she described seeing drug addicts voting. She talked to them AFTER they voted. This is a little different than "crackheads go vote" and I certainly don't see a damned thing about "even if you don't know what they stand for go vote." Even the person who posted this video is incorrectly spinning what she's actually saying.

Oprah recruits Crackheads for Obama Vote! - YouTube
Old 11-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Tried to find the actual "crackheads go vote" quote that you claim Oprah said. I did find this video in which she's being interviewed (I think by Rachel Maddow) immediately after voting the night of the election. She says that her polling place was across the street from a drug rehab center and she described seeing drug addicts voting. She talked to them AFTER they voted. This is a little different than "crackheads go vote" and I certainly don't see a damned thing about "even if you don't know what they stand for go vote." Even the person who posted this video is incorrectly spinning what she's actually saying.

Oprah recruits Crackheads for Obama Vote! - YouTube
I understand that i may have embellished a bit. I don't necessarily have the time to track down said particular quote, but forgive me if i don't trust the decision making abilities of these people. Even if the are recovering crack heads they still hold that title. I am not faulting Oprah, i just don't believe that people that smoke crack might not have a great grasp on the issues of the country thats all. By the by if you are concentrating on your rehab do you really give a shit about what the candidates stand for? Settle down Blitz, it was not a personal attack on you, Obama, or Oprah. I am disgusted at the fact that they actually let these people vote. Its like giving a ballet to a horse and telling him to stomp once for republican and twice for democrat. I did by the way see that i did not include independents, as the American public doesn't really consider them an option anyway. This is why i am shooting the stupid horse. Thanks for tracking down the video though, now if i get sad later i can watch it and laugh my ass off.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #15 (permalink)

I wasn't upset, just pointing out that your re-telling appears to be inaccurate.

She clearly thought it was a positive thing; these people are actually in rehab so they're trying to get their lives together, and they're deciding to vote for the first time ever.

Oprah spread a lot of woo on her show and I'm not a fan. It just sounded odd to me that she'd get on her show and say, "All crackheads go vote," so I looked into it.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 11-04-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #16 (permalink)

Alright, i retract my statement then. You ok now. Just never mind that a person who smokes things that could kill them within hours has a solid opinion on the economy, which is the subject i was trying to get across. Oprah's exact words, i could give a shit about, and obviously if you do care about it enough you will look it up. Thanks for that. statement retracted.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #17 (permalink)

It's all good.

Oprah's done damage peddling all kinds of quackery and pseudo-science woo (The Secret, etc) but I'll give her a pass on one little anecdote about drug addicts voting. I'm in Wisconsin. There's all kinds of redneck retards here who are far dumber than any crackhead, and they vote.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #18 (permalink)

Dang, the whole long middle of that show was as painful to listen to as my mother in law droning on about what's wrong with the world. About as insightful too.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
It's all good.

Oprah's done damage peddling all kinds of quackery and pseudo-science woo (The Secret, etc) but I'll give her a pass on one little anecdote about drug addicts voting. I'm in Wisconsin. There's all kinds of redneck retards here who are far dumber than any crackhead, and they vote.
and yet they aren't taking away these retards right to breed, let alone vote. Keith is right on with the whole pre-voting test idea. We need to go further into it though, if you are planning on having children you should have to take SAT's prior, to see if you are smart enough to have children. No more of this willy nilly funny stuff that produces more retards to vote for things that are above their plane of thought.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amish J View Post
Keith is right on with the whole pre-voting test idea.

We had that. It was called Jim Crow.