Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Where do you fit in?
99% 93 76.86%
1% 28 23.14%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2011, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1486: God's Plan

"Let me out, or I'm gonna open this raft."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I heard a stat a while ago that if you had a computer at home you were in the top 1% in the world in terms of wealth. Also that if you had $100 in your bank account and food and a place to sleep indoors you were in the top 5%. That was around 10 years ago but I'm pretty sure most people listening to podcasts are in the top 5% worldwide. I've always been really keen to verify this but it flipped me out when I heard it.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I heard a stat that if you're alive you're in the top 1%.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatami View Post
I heard a stat a while ago that if you had a computer at home you were in the top 1% in the world in terms of wealth. Also that if you had $100 in your bank account and food and a place to sleep indoors you were in the top 5%. That was around 10 years ago but I'm pretty sure most people listening to podcasts are in the top 5% worldwide. I've always been really keen to verify this but it flipped me out when I heard it.
Not sure if this is what you're implying, but just because things are shittier elsewhere doesn't mean they can't be better here. If the richest people keep holding on to their wealth and widening the gap, then the rest of us can't really meaningfully help the rest of the world even if we wanted to.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

I found Katg by googling comedy podcasts, one of the first links that came up was from yahoo answers where someone listed Katg as a funny podcast.

I had searched for comedy podcasts before in itunes, but had been sorely dissapointed with the suggestions of Dawn & Drew and Red Bar Radio. Dawn & Drew was so ridiculously horrendous I had almost given up on independent podcasts (Seriously, words can't describe how monotone and atrociously unentertaining they are, fuck them in their dumb face holes).

It took me about 10 or episodes of Keith and the Girl before I was finally set on the show. My entry episode was 846: The Crazy and the Drunk with Patrice, initially I didn't really know the characters of the show that well and found the episiodes hard to get into. I got bored a lot at gym doing cardio and decided to persist with listening because my podcast list was otherwise empty at that time. Then the real kicker was episode 879: Sober Living with Peyton Clarkson and Spooky, the back and forth was brilliant and added to this was the excitement of hearing contestants for Keith's annual stand up competition along with everyones running commentary.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Teehee
Old 11-01-2011, 12:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I heard a stat a while ago that if you had a computer at home you were in the top 1% in the world in terms of wealth.
~30% of the world's population have internet access according to who ever runs this site.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I heard a stat that if you're alive you're in the top 1%.
Hooray! I'm finally the top of something!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

New to the Forums

Hello. i am a long time listener. i have been listening since 07. new to the forums though signed up because i just got a new computer and i wanted to check out the hottest listener contest wow. thanks keith and chemda for the years of entertainment

peace
Old 11-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Also that if you had $100 in your bank account and food and a place to sleep indoors you were in the top 5%.
My co-worker has this exact poster over his desk. Although it gives the percentage at 25%.

Edit: Just listened to the part about the contest. Best show ever.

Last edited by Medium Brumski; 11-01-2011 at 08:49 AM.