Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Ashton Kutcher “acting” confused?
Yes. He didn’t realize his opinion would be so unpopular. 17 17.53%
No. He’s simply unbelievably stupid. 80 82.47%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1492: State Penn

"There was some horsing around going on in the showers."

Christian Finnegan
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Eddie Murphy was going to be shit on by Keith no matter what he did.

1) If he performed on the Oscars and killed, Keith would say "He is still a great as a stand up, yet he deprived people of all this good stand up in favor of doing shitty movies for 15 years? Fuck this guy."

2)If he did it and bombed, Keith would say: "Oh, just what I thought, he lost it a long time ago. Probably never had it."

But now that Eddie bowed out (obviously because Ratner was fired) now Keith and the KATG community says he's "scared". Uh, this is the same guy who first did stand up at 15 years old, from 19 years old through his early 20s he performed weekly in front of millions on Saturday Night Live (and for most of the audience, he was the only reason to watch the show at that point.)

Then at ages 21 through 26 he did an hour and a half of material for thousands every night on the tours around the country that would become the basis for "Raw" and "Delirious". Between that time and now, he's doing major motion pictures, usually dressing up in drag, fat suits, or made up to look like a little Jewish Man. But this seasoned performer of more than thirty years is "scared" to do the Oscars. Uh, Okay.

Admittedly, like many folks, I am not excited about Murphy's movies anymore. But the guy did his job and kicked ass thru the 80s. Keith, how much material did you and your comedian friends have at age 21? Did you have an hour and a half? Did you have 10 minutes?

BTW, Murphy recently said in a Rolling Stone interview that he is a semi-retired gentlemen of leisure who only does the projects that he really wants to do. He earned that. Clearly he didn't care to do the Oscars in the first place, only as a favor to Brett Ratner. Ratner's gone, so Eddie is out, too. That's the deal. And that is fine by me. I don't need to hear the critics breakdown every joke he was going to do that night on all the post Oscars shows..

Last edited by Andrea's toothbrush; 11-10-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Why don't you marry him?
Old 11-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Will this whole Penn State thing make it easier for me if I try to apply to their graduate program next year?
Old 11-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

That's a good one Keith. Why don't you add that to your set for next year?
Old 11-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ashton Kutcher in the first Butterfly Effect was way better than any of the shit Eddie Murphy has done in the last 15 years

But either his stupid or it was just a mistake. I mean thank god for Skim That, you see a headline and then the article just takes forever to get to the point maybe he just looked at a headline or a news promo, made an assumption, and tweeted it. Can't really hate on him since his owning up to his mistake and handing over control of the feed, he must feel like a dumbass, where Hiliary Swank on the other hand just found someone else to blame (her PR) and is moving on with her life not giving what she's done a second thought.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Axl Rose VS Axel Foley

IT's weird, but when I think of Eddie Murphy, I immediately think of Axle Rose. They both had achieved a level of fame that is just...unimaginable. Although I think drugs and alcohol had more to do w/ Axle's dissappearance: I think all the attention and stardom pushed BOTH these guys completely over the edge.
Remember when Axl went on MTV and played a reunion w/ GnR and publicly claimed his 'comeback?' It never materialized.
It feels like Eddie has been given that chance as well, numerous times. As a big Eddie Murphy fan, I was excited. Who does not want to see him make the stage his bitch once again? I would pay money to do so! Now he's just 'not doing it?'
Every comic interviewed talks about how vitally important it is to 'get up ' on stage to stay sharp. Eddie hasn't done so in decades. No doubt he is amazing talent...but a dialed in act takes at least some practice. I mean, hell, make an effort. I mean, even some of the most laziest stand-ups get up at least once a year... sometimes annually ....
ahem.
Can't we all just pretend Eddie Murphy got killed after making the hilarious/ brilliant, terrific cast/ well-acted movie: Life? Goddamn...I've seen it a hundred times.
I miss Eddie Murphy. Scratch that. I miss the idea of Eddie having the legacy he so deserves to leave himself.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea's toothbrush View Post
That's a good one Keith. Why don't you add that to your set for next year?
Clever retort as well, kudos
Old 11-11-2011, 07:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amish J View Post
Clever retort as well, kudos
It was as funny as Keith's.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:41 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hmmm...I've never been afraid to listen to an episode of Keith and the Girl before. I am a Penn State graduate, you see. This whole situation feels like my family drama played for the whole country. Joe Pa is like my grandfather who got fired for not doing the right thing, and the students are like my kid brother punching out a cop after getting drunk. Meanwhile the media has decided that the whole university is rotten and should be cleansed with fire. Nevermind that the guy who did this is out on bail, and walking around without anyone paying him any mind. And nevermind that I personally didn't do anything, I'm now the bad guy. I just wanted an Industrial Engineering degree...I don't even like football. So I'm trying to get passed all of the negative things coming my way and get back to my original feelings on that matter. Man, what happened to those kids was terrible, I hope they nail this guy and anyone who covered it up.

Sorry if this rambley, and may have been a bad choice for a first real comment on the forum, but I've felt like my name's been dragged through the mud this week and I can't even escape it in the podcasts I listen to. So I'll now stare at my ipod and flinch as I hit play.