Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Ashton Kutcher “acting” confused?
Yes. He didn’t realize his opinion would be so unpopular. 17 17.53%
No. He’s simply unbelievably stupid. 80 82.47%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpj1421 View Post
And nevermind that I personally didn't do anything, I'm now the bad guy. I just wanted an Industrial Engineering degree...I don't even like football.

Were you part of the athletics department and the administration that looked the other way while this guy was raping children on school grounds? If not, then you aren't the "bad guy." Were you one of the thousands rioting, tipping over a news van, and dancing on cars? If not, then you aren't the "bad guy."

We get it. It's a school with over 40K students, and there were maybe 2,000 of you acting like little pricks that night.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Were you part of the athletics department and the administration that looked the other way while this guy was raping children on school grounds? If not, then you aren't the "bad guy." Were you one of the thousands rioting, tipping over a news van, and dancing on cars? If not, then you aren't the "bad guy."

We get it. It's a school with over 40K students, and there were maybe 2,000 of you acting like little pricks that night.

Well, I appreciate that, it's just gotten to the point this week that every time I hear Penn State, a place I'm still proud I went to, I want to snarl a response. And, I'm a idiot for not listening to the episode before making a response...unsurprisingly KatG was very fair.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

it is kinda weird how almost any "coming of age" gay story seems to involve a "teenage student" and "older coach or teacher" thing going on.

seems like they all need to romanticize their molestation and make it a sweet experience.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

My theory on the Brett Ratner/Eddie Murphy Oscar "scandal" is this:

Those "in the know" of Hollywood know Ratner is a douche. He was picked because he could bring in Eddie Murphy. He is announced as the producer of the Oscars and the media pounces. He then receives so much backlash that he quits or they are able to nail him on a collection of smaller instances of his stupidity (throwing water balloons at bums, rehearsals are for fags, etc.) that they have a case to fire him.

It does seem weird that SO much attention has been given to him. I love award shows and I watch them all, Tonys, Oscars, MTV awards, etc. I have never known who has produced ANY of them. This was an unusual case of bad publicity.

As for the host, as much as it pains me to say this, they should just have Will Ferrell, Jack Black, and John C. Reilly do it. They go to all of the award shows, (MTV awards, the ESPYs, the Emmys, the Oscars) they always do a bit, and its always the funniest part of the show (especially the Oscars, which is traditionally a snooze fest). Lately they've been joined by Mark Wahlberg. If they just host, their traditional "bit" will be the opening act, and they won't have to upstage whichever host is presently bombing.

The only hosts who have done even a remotely good job in the past few years have been Jimmy Fallon on the Emmys, Neil Patrick Harris on the Emmys, and Ellen Degeneres on the Oscars. All had very PG humor and didn't get political, which is what's needed to please the entire audience. I'm sure our parents will be pleased with Billy Crystal, but I'm not sure how relevant he will be.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

The Olivia Munn story, he told a story in some interview about how he fucked her a few times and then forgot her name. He actually never fucked her and was on stern and admitted that he'd never slept with her and was just lying for no reason.

Brett Ratner: Olivia Munn Rumors Put To Bed When Director Admits To Completely Lying
Old 11-13-2011, 01:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Rumors COMPLETELY put to bed. It doesn't keep getting weirder at all. (I don't understand it, and this guy's very weird.)
Old 11-13-2011, 07:48 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post

that is up to debate, though. even if theres 40k students, people HAVE to know whats going on, on such a shitty topic. so im quite convinced that the majority there just ignored the fact or accepted it. Now that shit hits the fan they suddenly get angry or do vigils for the victims.

too little too late.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Rumors COMPLETELY put to bed. It doesn't keep getting weirder at all. (I don't understand it, and this guy's very weird.)
I wasn't defending him
Old 11-14-2011, 06:45 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
that is up to debate, though. even if theres 40k students, people HAVE to know whats going on, on such a shitty topic. so im quite convinced that the majority there just ignored the fact or accepted it. Now that shit hits the fan they suddenly get angry or do vigils for the victims.

too little too late.

Oh, I agree. My opinion on the matter is far more hardcore than what was actually done. The entire athletics department should be shut down. Fuck the football team. But you can't mess with football in this country, which is one of the reasons that these kinds of nasty atmospheres are allowed to flourish.

I was just annoyed at the whining about Penn State being looked down on. Boo hoo, Joe Pa's "legacy" is tarnished.

I just found out that after they KNEW this guy was raping kids on school grounds they let him run a summer camp for boys at a satellite school. They only banned him from bringing kids to the athletics department. That's like the Catholic church transferring a priest to a different parish once they find out he's fucking kids.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:45 AM   #20 (permalink)

indeed. but i can assure that if in a town, a priest was a pedo, id go personally out to find him and either kill him or beat him to a pulp.

these fucktards are cheering for him.