Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who was more in the right?
Keith. This doesn’t make him a thoughtless guy. 51 34.93%
Cat. It’s her birthday for God’s sake. 95 65.07%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1496: Thinking Ahead

"You’re trying to piss him off! Are you not trying to piss – what are you trying to do?!"

Last edited by Keith; 11-29-2011 at 02:15 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

A lot of stores do have people line up, but then people just push and shove and line jump, and then that's when everyone pushes forward and fools get trampled. If there are only 100 50" flat screen televisions on sale for 9.99 then three hundred people aren't going to quietly line up outside to get one. I say let the fools trample each other.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Glad the show is back! A whole week without shows sucks.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

So glad I am a VIP member - downloaded a bunch of older shows during your short hiatus -- rediscovered the last one with Myq and Michah and laughed and laughed my ass off. Michah's impersonation of Keith was so funny, I nearly crashed my car laughing so hard!!!

Off to listen to this show.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ah, so Cat is 25, this makes more sense for her to get her masters.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

My birthday is in January, about 3 weeks after Christmas and I agree about getting shafted.

Of course growing up, my parents would make a big deal of my birthday, but as I've gotten older, I've gotten a lot of items for both Christmas and my birthday in one. Or I'll get a big ticket item, like a camera for Christmas and an accessory, like a camera case for my birthday.

Every year I make a list for my family with ideas of what to get me and it's a combined Christmas and Birthday list. One year my mom even went and brought out my birthday presents that she had already wrapped and hidden on Christmas morning when she realized I had a good 10 presents less than my siblings to open that year (we take turns opening, so I had been sitting there awkwardly, i was a teenager at the time).

Asking for an expensive "big" gift for my birthday was always met with "but you got this big item for Christmas just 2 weeks ago" where as my siblings were months away from Christmas so no one could remember what they had gotten and throw it back in their face.

Often times, a birthday activity was given as a Christmas gift. When I was in middle school my parents got me tickets to the Backstreet boys concert for my sister, a friend, my mom and I as a Christmas gift. The concert was my birthday party. If I had been born in May and the concert was in June, the concert would have been my birthday party and would have been given as a birthday present, not a Christmas present. I didn't receive any other birthday gifts that year (besides one from my friend) because the concert and a t-shirt from the show were my present.

It's similar with friends. Lots of friends would forget during grade school, as my birthday usually fell on the first day back to school from a long winter break. In college I would usually celebrate later as the first day of the new semester isn't the best time to go out partying when people are working out their classes, getting their books, etc. and gearing up for a new semester.

I don't have the worst birthday though. I do think it's worse to be born a few days before Christmas, or on Christmas day. Those people usually celebrate their half birthdays or they get totally screwed.

Last edited by RachaelBachael; 11-29-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

This is a hard poll to answer!

I want to feel for you, Keith. I get that you wanted to save up money for the trip and yada yada yada..but Keith..it's her birthday! We say the thought counts, and it does, but the actions (or lack of) counts as well.

About holiday birthdays..My birthday is six days before Christmas so it never really feels like Christmas since I end up buying everyone that bought me something for "Kimsmas" a present too. Mehh..
Old 11-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

Christmas Eve birthday here. The worst thing as a kid was never being able to have birthday parties, because everyone is with their family. Once we had a "half birthday" party in the summer. That was my only one. Otherwise my immediate family always gets me a separate birthday present.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

My birthday was yesterday strangely enough. I was happy with a phone call from my siblings, a funny voice-mail of my mom singing happy birthday, and a plate of brownies from a friend. My birthday's never been a big deal for me, seems like thats a dude thing.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

While I think Keith was "right" in the sense that Cat overreacted with her emotions, I do see Chemda's point and can understand everything she's saying. In fact, I have to thank Chemda because she made me reconsider some of my points of view on the situation.

Even though I'm gay, I've run into this situation more than once, usually on birthdays, so it's not necessarily a "girl" thing, though I still think of it as a strongly emotional reaction that never made sense to me. I guess because I think more like Keith would, I don't think it'd be a huge deal if I didn't get a card or whatever on my birthday.