Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1498: Since Time Vegan (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1498-since-time-vegan-16782/)

myq 12-01-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader (Post 716978)
Speaking of thinking logically, I think the fact that Myq comes off as such a logical person sort of contradicts the image of what most people have in their minds of what a person who is into open relationships is. I know it does for me. So when he brings up the idea of an open relationship, I'm sure most women don't take it seriously cause what he is suggesting isn't really congruent with how he is acting and with that, problems ensue.

Greetings!
Logical person here, reporting that some of your statements seem illogical!
(But also, thanks for listening and sharing your thoughts.)
If it's true that most women don't take it seriously (which in my experience has not been the case--I have only really been espousing this ideology for a couple girlfriends' worth of time, and both of them did take me seriously, whether or not they were on the same page--they at least knew what book I was reading), I'm interested in connecting with people who DO. Or are. Or whatever verb I left off on.
I don't need everyone to be on board, just the right ones.
If someone wants to be with me but doesn't want to listen to what I'm saying about what I believe, think, and desire, I don't know if that's a right person for me.
One other item--it's my assessment that some degree of openness is the MOST logical thing, certainly for me, and also for many others (whether they believe or want it or not), so I don't see my thoughts, actions, and presentation as incongruent.
PS In what way is how I'm acting incongruent, in your opinion? I feel as though I'm acting just like what I'm saying. Talking about making out with people, actually making with people, etc.
PPS Want to make out? (Thanks again regardless!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkenstein (Post 716995)
i really have an issue with pedophilia being called a "disease".

A disease = something independent of the person's will that can be cured

its a sexual orientation, only its violent, destructive and illegal. Cannot be cured or reversed. Only way is to wipe it out. as long as we keep calling pedophiles "sick", we just give them an excuse.

Just to play devil's advocate, not all diseases are curable.
And some mental diseases make people do things that they wouldn't want to do if they didn't have the diseases, so declaring something independent of one's will seems more challenging to me than you imply, I think.

Not that I think categorizing pedophilia as an undesirable sexual orientation is a negative thing, just that I think it's useful to recognize that there is a component of it that IS out of one's control (namely, the thoughts and urges, as opposed to the controllable actions)... there are people out there who have the urges and do not act (Dan Savage calls them gold-star pedophiles), who don't generally speak up about it (because no one's going to give them a medal probably), but they probably feel like they're suffering with an incurable disease. So I think that's a useful framework to have in mind as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho (Post 716997)
Always love hearing Myq on the show too. That dude is a sunshine of my life.

Awww.
Thank you! You're a source of sunshine in my life as well. Second only to the sun, let's say. But it's not a competition.

Good work, everyone! Especially gold-star pedophiles out there. You're doing it! (By not doing it.)

BlackhatGuy 12-01-2011 04:45 PM

Chaos? Keith.

Order? Chemda.

That's how I've always pictured it.

scumbag 12-01-2011 04:47 PM

Cabbie kerfuffle

If Keith had told the cabbie that he was being an asshole before running, that would have potentially worked. Now the cabbie is likely to be even more of an ass-hat, because he will only remember that a customer did a drive'n'dash, not that he might have caused it himself.

Same with the old lady's phone Keith dumped in a trashcan - had he told her "you are a rude cow and now you'll have to dig in the trash as a consequence. Behave!" that would have been great - now she will likely forget her own role in the matter and only remember the "psycho" who stole her phone.

Keith in TN 12-01-2011 05:49 PM

I've ditched a driver in a similar manner in Chicago, only I was too drunk, and I was let off in front of my hotel (easily found). I like the way Keith did it: well though out escape plan. I admire that. In the future, I'll prolly just skip a tip.

DWarrior 12-01-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scumbag (Post 717009)
If Keith had told the cabbie that he was being an asshole before running, that would have potentially worked. Now the cabbie is likely to be even more of an ass-hat, because he will only remember that a customer did a drive'n'dash, not that he might have caused it himself.

Same with the old lady's phone Keith dumped in a trashcan - had he told her "you are a rude cow and now you'll have to dig in the trash as a consequence. Behave!" that would have been great - now she will likely forget her own role in the matter and only remember the "psycho" who stole her phone.

You can't save everybody, some people you can only help keep down.

invader 12-01-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myq (Post 717006)
PS In what way is how I'm acting incongruent, in your opinion? I feel as though I'm acting just like what I'm saying. (Thanks again regardless!)

That's the thing, I don't think you are actually acting in-congruent in anyway. Its just you don't fit into my and I would guess most peoples stereotype of what a person that is into open relationships is. Its totally my own perceptions, not yours that create the seeming in-congruence. I picture open relationship people as more "free-wheeling" or "hippy-dippy". Although you are a professional artist who is also a vegan. So that is about as free-wheeling, hippy-dippy as you can get, I guess... so... uh... carry on.

stulagu 12-01-2011 10:10 PM

[QUOTE=Enunciated Piffle;717005]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkenstein (Post 716995)
i really have an issue with pedophilia being called a "disease". its a sexual orientation QUOTE]

Agreed. It's a sad reality. They're the equivelant of a human-predator-virus that keeps infecting others.

Isn't it also a learned behavior. Like if your dad molests you as a kid you might do the same when you're an adult? I know for some people it is in their DNA, but for others it is a learned compulsion or even a psychosis.

myq 12-02-2011 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader (Post 717014)
That's the thing, I don't think you are actually acting in-congruent in anyway. Its just you don't fit into my and I would guess most peoples stereotype of what a person that is into open relationships is. Its totally my own perceptions, not yours that create the seeming in-congruence. I picture open relationship people as more "free-wheeling" or "hippy-dippy". Although you are a professional artist who is also a vegan. So that is about as free-wheeling, hippy-dippy as you can get, I guess... so... uh... carry on.

Thanks!
Happy to not be stereotypical, and to help you shift your perceptions.
Whee!

DWarrior 12-02-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stulagu (Post 717016)

Isn't it also a learned behavior. Like if your dad molests you as a kid you might do the same when you're an adult? I know for some people it is in their DNA, but for others it is a learned compulsion or even a psychosis.

You mean if your sitter molests you.

If your dad's doing it, it's in your DNA.

Kultcher 12-02-2011 11:39 AM

King Kong Malley would be a great name for a boxer or wrestler.