Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who's right in general?
Keith 26 27.66%
Chemda 68 72.34%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1498: Since Time Vegan

"I'm the best! Fuck you!"

Official Site of Comedian Myq Kaplan
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

great show

thanks for the read today.. you guys are dope!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

If we are talking pure batting averages, Chemda is, on average, right more times than Keith. I find that Chemda is usually able to step outside herself and forget her biases and look at and understand a situation from another persons perspective. Sometimes that perspective is still a little skewed, but it seems that the act of stepping outside herself is usually enough to come to a well thought out conclusion. That isn't to say Keith is closed minded, but he seems to have a very binary way of thinking. Which leads to some hilariously off statements. Not to mention a lot of times Keith's actions are totally contradictory to his, for lack of a better word, beliefs. Or at least what I can infer about his beliefs as a listener. For example; based on past shows how would most listeners guess Keith would feel if he heard a story about someone not just skipping out on a tip, but actually skipping out of a bill because their waiter was rude? But yet he doesn't understand why listeners weren't for him skipping out on the taxi driver? But don't worry, I still love you both equally.

Speaking of thinking logically, I think the fact that Myq comes off as such a logical person sort of contradicts the image of what most people have in their minds of what a person who is into open relationships is. I know it does for me. So when he brings up the idea of an open relationship, I'm sure most women don't take it seriously cause what he is suggesting isn't really congruent with how he is acting and with that, problems ensue.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
For example; based on past shows how would most listeners guess Keith would feel if he heard a story about someone not just skipping out on a tip, but actually skipping out of a bill because their waiter was rude? But yet he doesn't understand why listeners weren't for him skipping out on the taxi driver?
For the record, I've skipped out on full restaurant bills before, blatantly and otherwise. If you're being called stupid or being made fun of repeatedly, it's okay if you leave the establishment you promised to pay at with all your cash. I understand if that mentality seems very rogue. I like to stand up for myself, even if it means sneaking off.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

awesome VS awesome

It would be impossible to vote for either Chemda OR Keith because it seems Keith is playing a 'character' of himself where he does and says shit that comedians do - ultimately to get a reaction. I mean, he does know that he's being a goof-bag-ball w/ a dash of douche-baggery biscuit sauce, right?
You know what? Fuck it. I'm puttin' down the 'Team Both of 'Em' banner on this one: let's go w/ Chemda. Just to play it safe.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
For example; based on past shows how would most listeners guess Keith would feel if he heard a story about someone not just skipping out on a tip, but actually skipping out of a bill because their waiter was rude?
I feel like Keith would make a very convincing lawyer.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i really have an issue with pedophilia being called a "disease".

A disease = something independent of the person's will that can be cured

its a sexual orientation, only its violent, destructive and illegal. Cannot be cured or reversed. Onlòy way is to wipe it out. as long as we keep calling pedophiles "sick", we just give them an excuse.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I laughed out loud when Keith was talking about playing scrabble with the 176 year old scrabble playing woman - "That's not how you spell 'cheese', C-H-E-E-checker piece!"

Always love hearing Myq on the show too. That dude is a sunshine of my life.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I laughed out loud when Keith was talking about playing scrabble with the 176 year old scrabble playing woman - "That's not how you spell 'cheese', C-H-E-E-checker piece!"

Always love hearing Myq on the show too. That dude is a sunshine of my life.
I know, I kept picturing her sitting with some scrabble letters, a piece of string, one of her teeth, a penny and some lint.

I voted against Keith running out on the cab simply because the cabbie didn't do anything wrong. I understand that it was the end of a shitty time of being taken advantage of and would have fully supported him taking the bathroom guy's tip jar and running out of the place, but now he has just ruined that cabbie's night and that guy will now go ruin someone else's.

I used to believe that every time you did anything that cost money, you paid it. But I am fully getting behind Keith's idea of payment is closing out a contract. If you have bad food or bad service, why should you HAVE to pay? KATG has definitely helped me become less of a doormat, and I'm in Minnesota where passive aggressive is the lifestyle.

There was a guy talking about foreclosures on NPR in a similar way as well. Letting the bank forclose on your house doens't mean you failed and have ruined society, you are simply breaking a contract and paying the price of that. Both parties walk away. You haven't done a prisonable offense, you have simply made an educated decision to break a contract. There is nothing ethical or unethical about it.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Junkenstein;716995]i really have an issue with pedophilia being called a "disease".

its a sexual orientation QUOTE]

Agreed. It's a sad reality. They're the equivelant of a human-predator-virus that keeps infecting others.

It's a rough call, (considering many are a part of somebody's family) but until the gene that causes it or whatever is found - Kill. Em. All.

Hey that sounds like a good album...