Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1511: 4th Annual KATGuh Award Winners (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1511-4th-annual-katguh-award-winners-16845/)

zappbrannigan 01-08-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkenstein (Post 718132)
the christian bale bit is a line from American Psycho.

i say either the interview was fake or he was being an asshole

So quoting a movie you were in makes you an asshole?

I don't know, I think in general you write these people off too quickly, Keith. I'm not saying that Christian Bale isn't an asshole, but I don't know him, and that's my point.

If all it takes is one bad incident to solidify your view of someone, then what would we think of people who take jobs as night-watchmen and then shit in drawers? ;)

For me that tantrum is definitely a strike against Christian Bale as a person (I still like him as an actor), but I don't think it's fair to completely write the guy off. If Christian Bale really is an asshole he'll keep digging his own grave like Mel Gibson and Lindsay Lohan.

Keith 01-08-2012 03:24 AM

You're being a goose.

Bucho 01-08-2012 02:34 PM

Bale might have a few demons here and there but at least he's trying to clean up Gotham. Imagine what McNally would make of that dump.

Cubeforce 01-08-2012 10:25 PM

Really fun episode that flew by, I was surprised to see "best worst guest" actually appearing on the show and taking it in stride. Can't wait for Myka's big return show as well :D

Midwest Mike 01-09-2012 10:09 AM

Bale isn't an asshole, he just plays one in real life.

Would love to hear an explanation as to why Chemda voted for Tig as worst guest over Marty. I voted for Tig myself because she was the only one I really remembered being difficult to listen to. Was there more going on behind the scene that didn't come through on the show that made her stand out more as worst guest?

Enunciated Piffle 01-09-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkenstein (Post 718132)
the christian bale bit is a line from American Psycho.

I knew I recognized it! Love that flick - put off seeing it forever, even after numerous recommendations. See it, if you have not!

I suspect all exceptional actors/actresses are a bit vacant in a way. If your job was 'channeling other personas' you'd be a bit confused about who the hell or what you are as well. [being a millionaire is prolly a bit jading as well - poor rich folk, boo-hoo] haha

I saw 'The Fighter' w/ Christian Bale. Amazing. I'd defend him even in light of the goofy batman voice.

albi 01-09-2012 11:30 PM

I saw this movie for the first time just before this podcast episode. I loved it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWarrior (Post 718137)
There's a whole documentary of him being a dick and getting away with it. At one point he stabs a homeless black man, and the camera just keeps rolling. He also believes in taking care of himself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if his face is a little puffy, he'll put on an ice pack while doing his stomach crunches. He can do a thousand now. After removing the ice pack, he uses a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower he uses a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then he applies an herb-mint facial masque which he leaves on for 10 minutes while he prepares the rest of his routine. He always uses an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. There is an idea of a Christian Bale. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real him. Only an entity. Something illusory. And though he can hide his cold gaze, and you can shake his hand and feel flesh gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense your lifestyles are probably comparable, he simply is not there.

WittyReference 01-10-2012 06:36 PM

Marty has to get some kind of begrudging respect for coming on the show. He did well to explain himself and admit that he knew it didn't go well either.