Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will you NOT get the Avoid Ghetto app because it is racist?
Yes; I will not get the app for that reason. 5 6.49%
No; I will get the app, or I won’t for a different reason. 72 93.51%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1513: Whose Line Is It Anyway?

"My girlfriend needs an abortion."

Lauren Hennessy
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Why didn't they just name the app "Drive Safe"? Anyway, I've always felt pretty safe even in the most ghetto of areas, so I don't really need the app. Also something tells me that the people who are complaining about the app being "racist" are the same people that are going to secretly use it and then feel guilty about it at the same time.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Sound

Keith mentioned that the sound on yesterday's with Myka Fox show sounded like it was in a cave. I listened live on the app and didn't notice it. Then I listened to the recording this morning and noticed the cave sound. It wasn't really that bad, its still miles better then the sound on any other podcast. Just figured I'd mention this in case its helpful.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Hummm... Well, I think I have a few words to the "somebody on twitter getting mad at us", I think he has a point, and his point is as valid as shit... I still have my first PC I bought back in 2000, it is still alive and kicking, and if he knows what "specs" mean then it's a 500MHz Intel PIII CPU on a mini AT VIA motherboard, with 192 MB of RAM, a 15GB MAXTOR HDD, and an ATI RAGE 128 8MB graphics card.

The PC has been heavily abused by three gaming/video/graphic designing brothers 24/7 since we bought it, until we gave it away to a friend in 2007, and he still has it and it still is running almost 24/7, it has WinXP Pro installed, and was able to run Adobe Photoshop CS & Illustrator CS and even Adobe Premiere 6 and 3D Studio Max 6 at the time, the only thing we needed to change since we got it was the Hard Disk drive cause it usually starts dying after 4-6 years of use, so we got ourselves a new 15 GB HDD for FREE... Let me say it again, for FREE... That was what the "upgrade" did cost... It still can run Need For Speed 4 High Stakes, Delta Force II, War Craft III, Star Craft, Sacred Gold and some not-that-graphically-heavy games and it plays DVDs quite well, access the internet and so on...

so, for a 12 YEARS OLD PC... I think Mr. "AGHHH THE IGNORANCE" should get himself a big, old thick hard disk and STICK IT UP HIS ASS... He knows SHIT about computers...

Damn!! See!! Now he got on my nerves!! I need a beer!!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Not microsoft's fault

Microsoft did't call it avoid Ghetto App, there is't even a app yet. They won a patent for navigation app which describes among many other things " can analyze the information and construct a direction set that allows the user to take paths that take him to his home in a quickest amount of time while keeping the user relatively safe (e.g., taking the user through neighborhoods with violent crime statistics below a certain threshold). "

Someone called it avoid ghetto app and media liked that name (makes good headline) made a big issue of it without verifying source.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

On Laurens jealousy. I’ve never really understood guys that get pissed off cause someone was hitting on their girl. Unless of course it was in a blatantly disrespectful manner. But if my girl and I are in a bar and we are not around each other, all some guy sees is an attractive woman by herself at a bar. Of course he is going to think; “Why not spark up a conversation with her… If she does have a boyfriend, oh well, at least I tried.” I guess I get how it can wear down even the most confident persons psyche to see your girlfriend get swamped by men as soon as you take two steps away from her. It’s like a constant reminder that you are so easily replaceable. But that train of thought is not only false but it is very disrespectful to your partner. If your girlfriend is so easily swayed by a smile and a joke then why date her in the first place.

Also am I the only one that thought the asshole in the bar story, didn’t revel himself to be an asshole till he whispered in Laurens ear about her “phat ass“? His entire interaction with Chemdea just seemed like a guy hitting on a woman at the bar and then getting turned down.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
On Laurens jealousy.
My thought exactly.

And when a girl at a bar alone and you are attracted to her why not approach her. She may be single or she may turn you down. Even if she has two drink, why assume its her boyfriend, it could be just a friend she came with. Why not be optimistic. As long as you respect her wishes, I don't think there is anything wrong.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMx View Post
My thought exactly.

And when a girl at a bar alone and you are attracted to her why not approach her. She may be single or she may turn you down. Even if she has two drink, why assume its her boyfriend, it could be just a friend she came with. Why not be optimistic. As long as you respect her wishes, I don't think there is anything wrong.
I somehow agree with you and Invader, but let's not forget that us "Human Males" have an instinct-based tendency towards being protective towards our "mates", so whenever we spot a potential "invader" (Not to be confused with invader ) approaching our mate we, unconsciously, become highly aggressive, protective and destructive at the same time... Only a blessed few have the ability to control their instincts and be all right with other males' failing attempts to steal their mates... So honestly I would understand both sides, I would approach a single young lady in a bar but then I would be prepared to meet the violently furious boyfriend coming back from the bath room, you might get a kick in the eye but usually it's worth it
Old 01-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Obviously the ubiquity of American media has helped, but I think those countries have just had the language longer. It's like American English is a new car, everything works the way it's supposed to, maybe there are a few confusing new gadgets, but they're easy to figure out, while British and Irish are old cars with lots of quirks that only their owners know how to drive. On the wrong side of the road.

Of course, when Keith finally goes to Australia and can't understand any of them either, this theory will fall apart.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Avoid Niggers App would be racist. "Ghetto" isn't racist any more than "impoverished" is racist.